Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Boebert Wants “America’s Most Dangerous Weapon” Declared the “National Gun” in the Wake of Tragic Mass Shootings

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Taco

Boebert Wants “America’s Most Dangerous Weapon” Declared the “National Gun” in the Wake of Tragic Mass Shootings

Post by Taco » Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:57 pm

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

teetoppz28

Re: Boebert Wants “America’s Most Dangerous Weapon” Declared the “National Gun” in the Wake of Tragic Mass Shootings

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:16 pm

Well, her nickname isn't "Bazooka Barbie" for nothing...
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Turkeytop

Re: Boebert Wants “America’s Most Dangerous Weapon” Declared the “National Gun” in the Wake of Tragic Mass Shootings

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:38 pm

Why stop there? Designate a National Knife too. Or maybe a National Poison. National Ligature Device. Or how about a National Disease.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:44 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:16 pm
Are you saying you wouldn't go to a movie with her?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:52 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:44 pm
teetoppz28 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:16 pm
Are you saying you wouldn't go to a movie with her?
I'd allow her to Mel Tucker me in the theatre, yes. :hat

Taco

Post by Taco » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:01 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:38 pm
Why stop there? Designate a National Knife too. Or maybe a National Poison. National Ligature Device. Or how about a National Disease.
National Disease... :rollin
For it is a human number

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:02 pm

Taco wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:01 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
We already have one: MAGAt infestation :8)

Taco

Post by Taco » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:00 pm

Indeed!
teetoppz28 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:02 pm
Taco wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:01 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
We already have one: MAGAt infestation :8)
For it is a human number

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:19 am

Taco wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:57 pm
Sick...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/it-s- ... c5db&ei=49
The idiot who wrote that evidently didn't take the time to even read the article in Time that they used to give AR-15 STYLE rifles the most dangerous label.
Steve Lindley, program manager of Brady United Against Gun Violence, a gun violence prevention organization, says he would hesitate to call the AR-15 the “weapon of choice for mass shooters,” but still describes the AR-15 as a “weapon of war.”
https://time.com/6278608/ar-15-rifle-as ... ns-uvalde/

Not to mention, handguns FAR outnumber ANY KIND OF RIFLE much less AR-15 style rifles as the weapon of choice for homicides in the U.S.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/195 ... apon-used/
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:32 am

Ahhh .. another discussion about guns.

For the most part, everything I'm about to say I've said before here on Buzzboard.

Regulating guns is a lost cause. There's more guns than people in the US. We're not a country that started controlling gun ownership early. And if you delve deep, mass shootings also happen in those countries, despite what some on here like to say.

It's a sad but true commentary. But worrying about getting shot is like worrying you're going to be hit by a car, or catch some life threatening illness. It is what it is now. I know y'all want to Huff and Puff that something should be done. But just like all the hot air in Washington, no practical solutions.

Saying all that, I do agree with those who say "Why does anyone need an assault rifle?". For what? No one uses them to go hunting. If someone could tell me a practical reason for anyone to own one, I'm all ears.

Let's have a discussion. Not just quote what I wrote and respond with a one line quip. I know that's difficult for Matt and Turkeytop to do. But give it a try. Put a little thought into it, see if you can come up with a concise paragraph that isn't just a copy-n-paste of some article you seen elsewhere.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:30 am

Round Six wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:32 am
Let's have a discussion. Not just quote what I wrote and respond with a one line quip. I know that's difficult for Matt and Turkeytop to do. But give it a try. Put a little thought into it, see if you can come up with a concise paragraph that isn't just a copy-n-paste of some article you seen elsewhere.
To have that discussion, you need folks to acknowledge that it's not the gun that kills. It's the person who pulls the trigger. There are too many who just can't get there in that thinking.

Figuring out why that person pulled the trigger and dealing with that, is the issue. Some are accidents and virtually ALL of those can be dealt with via training. There was just a study released earlier this year (https://www.washingtonpost.com/wellness ... ety-video/) that showed just watching a ONE MINUTE video ONE TIME dramatically changed the behavior of 8-12 year old kids when they found a gun. How much more impact could we have if kids saw that once a year or once a month??

And obviously mental health is a h u g e issue and we should be having a real discussion about how we determine who is really mentally ill "enough" that it requires intervention. Mental illness problems go way beyond just gun-related homicides and if we made progress there we'd have a h u g e improvement in society in general. It would improve schools, the homeless situation and overall worker productivity, aside from the obvious and direct benefit of reducing violence, whether performed with a gun or other device.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:31 am

Round Six wrote:
Ahhh .. another discussion about guns.

For the most part, everything I'm about to say I've said before here on Buzzboard.

Regulating guns is a lost cause. There's more guns than people in the US. We're not a country that started controlling gun ownership early. And if you delve deep, mass shootings also happen in those countries, despite what some on here like to say.

It's a sad but true commentary. But worrying about getting shot is like worrying you're going to be hit by a car, or catch some life threatening illness. It is what it is now. I know y'all want to Huff and Puff that something should be done. But just like all the hot air in Washington, no practical solutions.

Saying all that, I do agree with those who say "Why does anyone need an assault rifle?". For what? No one uses them to go hunting. If someone could tell me a practical reason for anyone to own one, I'm all ears.

We’ll just nuke everything and start over. That’s extreme but practical.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:38 am

Round Six wrote:

Better yet, I'll just stay out of this discussion. I'm not an assault rifle owner and I have no idea how it feels to be an assault rifle owner or what motivates you owners. So, it's probably none of my business.

Maybe mass shootings have some positive social value. Who am I to suggest otherwise?
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Taco

Post by Taco » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:34 pm

I don't own any assault rifles. Nor do I need them or want them. What would I need one for?? What would any civilian really need one for?
For it is a human number

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic