All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms
Thank you!
Thank you!
Ron Cameron
Re: Ron Cameron
Maybe Ron can call Mark Wilson tomorrow night and talk about the football game and Ron can report Mark's comments on Friday.
Re: Ron Cameron
My e-mail was read about the 1969 Tigers pitcher “John Moore”, who I’m not surprised Ron didn’t know. I’ve been down in FL, and our bagger at Publix (noting my Lions shirt) said his Dad was “John Moore, who pitched for the Tigers in 1969…”. The name certainly didn’t ring a bell for me, and a cursory google search which usually turns up ANYONE who had a half-cup of coffee in any sports league turned up nothing.
Last edited by uncleb67 on Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Ron Cameron
Could Ron be partial to George Allen because he wrote for SFJ?
Re: Ron Cameron
Yes, no time to take (non-existent) calls.
-
radiofan1974
- Posts: 5903
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm
Re: Ron Cameron
Ron picking lions tomorrow-but that’s subject to change
Re: Ron Cameron
Ron should head back to Florida, Ft. Myers Beach in particular, while Hurricane Ian-ravaged, is rebuilding, plenty of empty restaurants and what I saw, plenty of people wanting to work!
-
radiofan1974
- Posts: 5903
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm
Re: Ron Cameron
Name that habacci radio
Re: Ron Cameron
Perhaps a minor leaguer who was invited to camp in 1969? My friend's dentist was in the Baltimore organization and made it to one spring training. He topped out at either High-A or Double-A.uncleb67 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:57 pm My e-mail was read about the 1969 Tigers pitcher “John Moore”, who I’m not surprised Ron didn’t know. I’ve been down in FL, and our bagger at Publix (noting my Lions shirt) said his Dad was “John Moore, who pitched for the Tigers in 1969…”. The name certainly didn’t ring a bell for me, and a cursory google search which usually turns up ANYONE who had a half-cup of coffee in any sports league turned up nothing.
Re: Ron Cameron
For sure. Truthfully, this bagger seemed like a nice young guy. Always gotta give credit to anyone, especially if it’s a family member, who makes it anywhere close to “The Show”edj wrote: ↑Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:06 pmPerhaps a minor leaguer who was invited to camp in 1969? My friend's dentist was in the Baltimore organization and made it to one spring training. He topped out at either High-A or Double-A.uncleb67 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:57 pm My e-mail was read about the 1969 Tigers pitcher “John Moore”, who I’m not surprised Ron didn’t know. I’ve been down in FL, and our bagger at Publix (noting my Lions shirt) said his Dad was “John Moore, who pitched for the Tigers in 1969…”. The name certainly didn’t ring a bell for me, and a cursory google search which usually turns up ANYONE who had a half-cup of coffee in any sports league turned up nothing.
-
Deleted User 15924
Re: Ron Cameron
I found a couple of John Moore's that played baseball. Looks like neither played for the Tigers:uncleb67 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:57 pm My e-mail was read about the 1969 Tigers pitcher “John Moore”, who I’m not surprised Ron didn’t know. I’ve been down in FL, and our bagger at Publix (noting my Lions shirt) said his Dad was “John Moore, who pitched for the Tigers in 1969…”. The name certainly didn’t ring a bell for me, and a cursory google search which usually turns up ANYONE who had a half-cup of coffee in any sports league turned up nothing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Moore_(baseball)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Moore_(baseball)
I was able to ascertain every Tiger with the last name of Moore. Closest to 1969 is Jackie Moore who caught for one season in '67.
Last edited by Deleted User 15924 on Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Ron Cameron
A "John Mohr" who was drafted in '72 by the Tigers. But he didn't have any children.uncleb67 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:57 pm My e-mail was read about the 1969 Tigers pitcher “John Moore”, who I’m not surprised Ron didn’t know. I’ve been down in FL, and our bagger at Publix (noting my Lions shirt) said his Dad was “John Moore, who pitched for the Tigers in 1969…”. The name certainly didn’t ring a bell for me, and a cursory google search which usually turns up ANYONE who had a half-cup of coffee in any sports league turned up nothing.
https://www.cutleroneill.com/obituaries ... Id=1213919
Re: Ron Cameron
I'm surprised Ron didn't ask if you have his phone number.uncleb67 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:57 pm My e-mail was read about the 1969 Tigers pitcher “John Moore”, who I’m not surprised Ron didn’t know. I’ve been down in FL, and our bagger at Publix (noting my Lions shirt) said his Dad was “John Moore, who pitched for the Tigers in 1969…”. The name certainly didn’t ring a bell for me, and a cursory google search which usually turns up ANYONE who had a half-cup of coffee in any sports league turned up nothing.
Re: Ron Cameron
I find it hard to believe Friends was in Ron’s wheelhouse, so I’d like to know who he was thinking of when he said “Matthew Perry” looked good to him.
Re: Ron Cameron
I appreciate everyone’s sleuthing to try and figure out who this “John Moore” Tigers pitcher from 1969 is/was/who knows?!?! I know Ron knew nothing of this John Moore, other than his first name being the same as Tigers pitcher John Warden, a friend of Ron/a good man/a guest on SportsTalk.
Re: Ron Cameron
A couple of headlines that will make Ron happy, although it lessens the chance that Harbaugh can afford to repay Ron for the 10 dinners that he owes him:
- (Detroit News) Michigan pulls Harbaugh's contract offer that would have made him highest-paid in Big Ten
- (Detroit Free Press) U-M football sign-stealing investigation: Harbaugh has contract extension rescinded