All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Ron Cameron

A place to showcase the very best threads on the Buzzboard.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Maybe Ron can call Mark Wilson tomorrow night and talk about the football game and Ron can report Mark's comments on Friday.
uncleb67
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:15 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by uncleb67 »

My e-mail was read about the 1969 Tigers pitcher “John Moore”, who I’m not surprised Ron didn’t know. I’ve been down in FL, and our bagger at Publix (noting my Lions shirt) said his Dad was “John Moore, who pitched for the Tigers in 1969…”. The name certainly didn’t ring a bell for me, and a cursory google search which usually turns up ANYONE who had a half-cup of coffee in any sports league turned up nothing.
Last edited by uncleb67 on Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Momo
Posts: 11339
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Could Ron be partial to George Allen because he wrote for SFJ?
Momo
Posts: 11339
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Yes, no time to take (non-existent) calls.
radiofan1974
Posts: 5903
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Ron picking lions tomorrow-but that’s subject to change
uncleb67
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:15 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by uncleb67 »

Ron should head back to Florida, Ft. Myers Beach in particular, while Hurricane Ian-ravaged, is rebuilding, plenty of empty restaurants and what I saw, plenty of people wanting to work!
radiofan1974
Posts: 5903
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Name that habacci radio
edj
Posts: 3448
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:54 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by edj »

uncleb67 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:57 pm My e-mail was read about the 1969 Tigers pitcher “John Moore”, who I’m not surprised Ron didn’t know. I’ve been down in FL, and our bagger at Publix (noting my Lions shirt) said his Dad was “John Moore, who pitched for the Tigers in 1969…”. The name certainly didn’t ring a bell for me, and a cursory google search which usually turns up ANYONE who had a half-cup of coffee in any sports league turned up nothing.
Perhaps a minor leaguer who was invited to camp in 1969? My friend's dentist was in the Baltimore organization and made it to one spring training. He topped out at either High-A or Double-A.
uncleb67
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:15 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by uncleb67 »

edj wrote: ↑Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:06 pm
uncleb67 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:57 pm My e-mail was read about the 1969 Tigers pitcher “John Moore”, who I’m not surprised Ron didn’t know. I’ve been down in FL, and our bagger at Publix (noting my Lions shirt) said his Dad was “John Moore, who pitched for the Tigers in 1969…”. The name certainly didn’t ring a bell for me, and a cursory google search which usually turns up ANYONE who had a half-cup of coffee in any sports league turned up nothing.
Perhaps a minor leaguer who was invited to camp in 1969? My friend's dentist was in the Baltimore organization and made it to one spring training. He topped out at either High-A or Double-A.
For sure. Truthfully, this bagger seemed like a nice young guy. Always gotta give credit to anyone, especially if it’s a family member, who makes it anywhere close to “The Show”
Deleted User 15924

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Deleted User 15924 »

uncleb67 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:57 pm My e-mail was read about the 1969 Tigers pitcher “John Moore”, who I’m not surprised Ron didn’t know. I’ve been down in FL, and our bagger at Publix (noting my Lions shirt) said his Dad was “John Moore, who pitched for the Tigers in 1969…”. The name certainly didn’t ring a bell for me, and a cursory google search which usually turns up ANYONE who had a half-cup of coffee in any sports league turned up nothing.
I found a couple of John Moore's that played baseball. Looks like neither played for the Tigers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Moore_(baseball)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Moore_(baseball)

I was able to ascertain every Tiger with the last name of Moore. Closest to 1969 is Jackie Moore who caught for one season in '67.
Last edited by Deleted User 15924 on Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Momo
Posts: 11339
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

uncleb67 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:57 pm My e-mail was read about the 1969 Tigers pitcher “John Moore”, who I’m not surprised Ron didn’t know. I’ve been down in FL, and our bagger at Publix (noting my Lions shirt) said his Dad was “John Moore, who pitched for the Tigers in 1969…”. The name certainly didn’t ring a bell for me, and a cursory google search which usually turns up ANYONE who had a half-cup of coffee in any sports league turned up nothing.
A "John Mohr" who was drafted in '72 by the Tigers. But he didn't have any children.

https://www.cutleroneill.com/obituaries ... Id=1213919
sparty89
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:44 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by sparty89 »

uncleb67 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:57 pm My e-mail was read about the 1969 Tigers pitcher “John Moore”, who I’m not surprised Ron didn’t know. I’ve been down in FL, and our bagger at Publix (noting my Lions shirt) said his Dad was “John Moore, who pitched for the Tigers in 1969…”. The name certainly didn’t ring a bell for me, and a cursory google search which usually turns up ANYONE who had a half-cup of coffee in any sports league turned up nothing.
I'm surprised Ron didn't ask if you have his phone number.
Momo
Posts: 11339
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

I find it hard to believe Friends was in Ron’s wheelhouse, so I’d like to know who he was thinking of when he said “Matthew Perry” looked good to him.
uncleb67
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:15 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by uncleb67 »

I appreciate everyone’s sleuthing to try and figure out who this “John Moore” Tigers pitcher from 1969 is/was/who knows?!?! I know Ron knew nothing of this John Moore, other than his first name being the same as Tigers pitcher John Warden, a friend of Ron/a good man/a guest on SportsTalk.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

A couple of headlines that will make Ron happy, although it lessens the chance that Harbaugh can afford to repay Ron for the 10 dinners that he owes him:
  • (Detroit News) Michigan pulls Harbaugh's contract offer that would have made him highest-paid in Big Ten
  • (Detroit Free Press) U-M football sign-stealing investigation: Harbaugh has contract extension rescinded
Post Reply