Page 1 of 3

Howard Stern on 97.1

Posted: Fri May 28, 2021 8:13 pm
by Mega Hertz
[YouTube]https://youtu.be/-wY4xgACSqM[/youtube]

Lots of Stern shows and snippets are on YouTube, however, I did not know there was an upload of his 9/11 show copied from 97.1. There are obviously a few local breaks, and it's neat to hear the imaging and voices from back when 97.1 was a talk station. 2001! I've tagged about 59:33 for the first break, where we hear the late Bob Bauer. I also heard Wob Parker doing a spot in there somewhere, too. This is AFAIK the only recordings on here of 97.1 prior to the Ticket.

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Posted: Sun May 30, 2021 2:14 am
by Deleted User 15502
Interesting they choose Semi-charmed life by Third Eye Blind as there music bed. I was hoping for a Brown and Bag it commercial, " Brown and bag it in Clawson!!!"

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:24 pm
by MotorCityRadioFreak
Go get Sporty Cut!

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:38 am
by Deleted User 15502
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote: ↑Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:24 pm Go get Sporty Cut!
Go get Capital Mortgage Funded!

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:22 pm
by Mega Hertz
1:35:00 or so for Wob.

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:42 pm
by MotorCityRadioFreak
OH WOBBB!

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:48 pm
by MotorCityRadioFreak
Oh, there's good in every team.
Things aren't always what they seem
You can always find a winner if you try.
Eh, week nights, things will be better....
Oh yes, they will for Parker and the Man...
Even though Mark Wilson, he can't understand...

Parker and Wilson, week nights on 97...1.
It's Sports Night with Parker and the Man!

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:50 pm
by Deleted User 15502
"Come on everybody!! Ed Tyll Ed Tyll!"


Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:16 pm
by MotorCityRadioFreak
Heathcliff wrote: ↑Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:50 pm "Come on everybody!! Ed Tyll Ed Tyll!"

Ed Tyll wasn't that bad himself but that intro is the worst ever.

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:38 pm
by Deleted User 15502
It used to make me laugh, I remember listening to this when I was going to Monroe Community College. Like eating my lunch out in the car between classes.

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:09 pm
by Deleted User 15502
I always sorta felt sorry for Gonzo and Erin, they were thrown into the whole talk radio thing. I knew they weren't going to be around for the long term. Then Ed Tyll came in, He was a bit abrasive with some of the callers and I think a lot of people started tuning out because of that. 97.1 FM Talk went through some hosts at first, I remember the whole Steve Dahl meltdown. I did not hear the rant but I do remember 97.1 airing dead air for like 2 hours.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:24 pm
by Deleted User 15502
Gonzos been all over the place, I remember he went to 107.5(I think) in Vegas after splitting from 97.1.