All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Howard Stern on 97.1

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron and SW Ontario
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Howard Stern on 97.1

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/-wY4xgACSqM[/youtube]

Lots of Stern shows and snippets are on YouTube, however, I did not know there was an upload of his 9/11 show copied from 97.1. There are obviously a few local breaks, and it's neat to hear the imaging and voices from back when 97.1 was a talk station. 2001! I've tagged about 59:33 for the first break, where we hear the late Bob Bauer. I also heard Wob Parker doing a spot in there somewhere, too. This is AFAIK the only recordings on here of 97.1 prior to the Ticket.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
Deleted User 15502

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Unread post by Deleted User 15502 »

Interesting they choose Semi-charmed life by Third Eye Blind as there music bed. I was hoping for a Brown and Bag it commercial, " Brown and bag it in Clawson!!!"
User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 9656
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Warren, MI

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Unread post by MotorCityRadioFreak »

Go get Sporty Cut!
They/them, non-binary and proud.

NEVER EVER COMPLY WITH FASCISM!!!

"MCRF is now and will always be welcome here."-zzand. Fly high, zzand. Fly high.
Deleted User 15502

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Unread post by Deleted User 15502 »

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote: ↑Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:24 pm Go get Sporty Cut!
Go get Capital Mortgage Funded!
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

1:35:00 or so for Wob.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 9656
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Warren, MI

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Unread post by MotorCityRadioFreak »

OH WOBBB!
They/them, non-binary and proud.

NEVER EVER COMPLY WITH FASCISM!!!

"MCRF is now and will always be welcome here."-zzand. Fly high, zzand. Fly high.
User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 9656
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Warren, MI

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Unread post by MotorCityRadioFreak »

Oh, there's good in every team.
Things aren't always what they seem
You can always find a winner if you try.
Eh, week nights, things will be better....
Oh yes, they will for Parker and the Man...
Even though Mark Wilson, he can't understand...

Parker and Wilson, week nights on 97...1.
It's Sports Night with Parker and the Man!
Last edited by MotorCityRadioFreak on Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

NEVER EVER COMPLY WITH FASCISM!!!

"MCRF is now and will always be welcome here."-zzand. Fly high, zzand. Fly high.
Deleted User 15502

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Unread post by Deleted User 15502 »

"Come on everybody!! Ed Tyll Ed Tyll!"

User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 9656
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Warren, MI

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Unread post by MotorCityRadioFreak »

Heathcliff wrote: ↑Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:50 pm "Come on everybody!! Ed Tyll Ed Tyll!"

Ed Tyll wasn't that bad himself but that intro is the worst ever.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

NEVER EVER COMPLY WITH FASCISM!!!

"MCRF is now and will always be welcome here."-zzand. Fly high, zzand. Fly high.
Deleted User 15502

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Unread post by Deleted User 15502 »

It used to make me laugh, I remember listening to this when I was going to Monroe Community College. Like eating my lunch out in the car between classes.
Deleted User 15502

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Unread post by Deleted User 15502 »

I always sorta felt sorry for Gonzo and Erin, they were thrown into the whole talk radio thing. I knew they weren't going to be around for the long term. Then Ed Tyll came in, He was a bit abrasive with some of the callers and I think a lot of people started tuning out because of that. 97.1 FM Talk went through some hosts at first, I remember the whole Steve Dahl meltdown. I did not hear the rant but I do remember 97.1 airing dead air for like 2 hours.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html
Deleted User 15502

Re: Howard Stern on 97.1

Unread post by Deleted User 15502 »

Gonzos been all over the place, I remember he went to 107.5(I think) in Vegas after splitting from 97.1.
Post Reply