All accepted new registrations through 11:00p ET on September 26 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Ron Cameron

A place to showcase the very best threads on the Buzzboard.
radiofan1974
Posts: 5902
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Momo wrote: ↑Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:30 pm OMG!!! A Christmas miracle!!! Stop the presses!!!

Earlier today, I encountered our hero, live in the wild, at the Bloomfield Hills Library. As I canvassed the library for missing newspapers, my search ended when I saw, at a computer, a headphones-donning man surrounded by a stack of newspapers. As I successfully sifted through the newspapers, I recognized the one & only Ron F. Cameron (who had a nearby walker)! I said, "I know you." Without missing a beat, Scoop said, "Most people do." I asked him how he was & he said he was "good."

I later had to be escorted out of the library by Bloomfield Hills Police for asking one too many patrons to pinch me.
Was there a discussion of lunch purchases?

And it looks like Ron is doing show prep?
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

radiofan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:29 pm
Momo wrote: ↑Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:30 pm OMG!!! A Christmas miracle!!! Stop the presses!!!

Earlier today, I encountered our hero, live in the wild, at the Bloomfield Hills Library. As I canvassed the library for missing newspapers, my search ended when I saw, at a computer, a headphones-donning man surrounded by a stack of newspapers. As I successfully sifted through the newspapers, I recognized the one & only Ron F. Cameron (who had a nearby walker)! I said, "I know you." Without missing a beat, Scoop said, "Most people do." I asked him how he was & he said he was "good."

I later had to be escorted out of the library by Bloomfield Hills Police for asking one too many patrons to pinch me.
Was there a discussion of lunch purchases?

And it looks like Ron is doing show prep?
Taking seriously my duties as a Buzzboard correspondent, I observed Ron glued to this 1957 episode of To Tell the Truth:

Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Momo wrote: ↑Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:30 pm OMG!!! A Christmas miracle!!! Stop the presses!!!

Earlier today, I encountered our hero, live in the wild, at the Bloomfield Hills Library. As I canvassed the library for missing newspapers, my search ended when I saw, at a computer, a headphones-donning man surrounded by a stack of newspapers. As I successfully sifted through the newspapers, I recognized the one & only Ron F. Cameron (who had a nearby walker)! I said, "I know you." Without missing a beat, Scoop said, "Most people do." I asked him how he was & he said he was "good."

I later had to be escorted out of the library by Bloomfield Hills Police for asking one too many patrons to pinch me.
It's great that he's getting around. Wonder if he drove himself.

It's always a stirring experience when you encounter Ron in the flesh. I'll never forget my last encounter with him in the late 1990s, at his broasted chicken restaurant near the Metro airport. He carefully explained to me how his broasted chicken differed from everybody else's.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Momo wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:17 am
radiofan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:29 pm
Momo wrote: ↑Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:30 pm OMG!!! A Christmas miracle!!! Stop the presses!!!

Earlier today, I encountered our hero, live in the wild, at the Bloomfield Hills Library. As I canvassed the library for missing newspapers, my search ended when I saw, at a computer, a headphones-donning man surrounded by a stack of newspapers. As I successfully sifted through the newspapers, I recognized the one & only Ron F. Cameron (who had a nearby walker)! I said, "I know you." Without missing a beat, Scoop said, "Most people do." I asked him how he was & he said he was "good."

I later had to be escorted out of the library by Bloomfield Hills Police for asking one too many patrons to pinch me.
Was there a discussion of lunch purchases?

And it looks like Ron is doing show prep?
Taking seriously my duties as a Buzzboard correspondent, I observed Ron glued to this 1957 episode of To Tell the Truth:

Ron's Comeback Special on Friday must have had a subconscious effect on me. Friday evening, instead of going out for dinner, I found myself throwing something in the microwave and watching all four of the Match Game episodes and both episodes of To Tell the Truth.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

radiofan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:29 pm
Bobbert wrote: ↑Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:41 am Ron sounded a little down about Christmas yesterday. I wonder if either of these videos would help.



He did, especially when Martin tried to discuss the health issues he was having and the severity of it.
BUZZR TV is having a Betty White Marathon over Christmas, so that might help him pull through.

https://www.facebook.com/BUZZRtv/
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Bobbert wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:09 am It's great that he's getting around. Wonder if he drove himself.

It's always a stirring experience when you encounter Ron in the flesh. I'll never forget my last encounter with him in the late 1990s, at his broasted chicken restaurant near the Metro airport. He carefully explained to me how his broasted chicken differed from everybody else's.
He did drive himself. And, apart from his obvious mobility issues, he looked well.

This was my second such encounter. Years earlier, I sat a row in front of him at a Pistons game. I recognized his voice, which seemed to thrill his friends, as he kept repeating this to them.
Kidcat
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:38 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Kidcat »

It is Christmas eve .That means it is time for Kidcat's Christmas wishes. 1.That Ron makes a speedy recovery and returns to good health.2. That Martin quits the radio and communication industry and finally finds a job,that he is good at. 3.That some radio station,takes a chance and gives Mr Positive his own show.4 That Momo's legion of followers continues to grow.5. That I can do something ,to merit being in one of Bobberts parody songs. Wishing all the Buzzboard posters a Very Merry Christmas
CurlyHoward
Posts: 838
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:50 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by CurlyHoward »

have any of you actually touched Ron? I hear you get a jolt like hooking a car battery up to your nipples
Matt
Posts: 15612
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Home of the National Champions

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Matt »

CurlyHoward wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:32 pm have any of you actually touched Ron? I hear you get a jolt like hooking a car battery up to your nipples
:lol :lol :lol

Momo knows first hand - he just saw him at the library and that was enough to make his pants messy.
America on Hiatus 1/20/25 - 1/20/29

Foxtrot
Delta
Tango

9000 - 353
Kidcat
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:38 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Kidcat »

Matt wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:12 pm
CurlyHoward wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:32 pm have any of you actually touched Ron? I hear you get a jolt like hooking a car battery up to your nipples
:lol :lol :lol

Momo knows first hand - he just saw him at the library and that was enough to make his pants messy.
Ataboy Matt.Thank you for heeding my words and growing this thread. Much appreciated.
radiofan1974
Posts: 5902
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Merry Christmas to my fellow Buzzboard/Ron Cameron posters! It’s been fun connecting with all of you during Ron’s show!

Enjoy the day and maybe get some take out from Rams Horn :) and perhaps send a lunch certificate to Jim Harbaugh
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

radiofan1974 wrote: ↑Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:46 am Merry Christmas to my fellow Buzzboard/Ron Cameron posters! It’s been fun connecting with all of you during Ron’s show!

Enjoy the day and maybe get some take out from Rams Horn :) and perhaps send a lunch certificate to Jim Harbaugh
Merry Christmas!

Hope Ron enjoyed the Lions' big win yesterday. From what I can tell, Ram's Horn Southfield is closed today (https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... southfield), but I'm sure Ron found somewhere else to eat—maybe the Fenton Hotel (https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... tmas+hours).
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

A merry Christmas & healthy, happy new year to all the contributors to this thread. And a special shoutout to Ron, my new library friend.
Majik
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Majik »

I would like to add my best holiday wishes to this fine community or cult or whatever we are. This is one of my favorite places on this whole wide interweb. And a special thanks to the man himself, Ron, for providing the glue that holds it all together.
Majik
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Majik »

Matt wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:12 pm
CurlyHoward wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:32 pm have any of you actually touched Ron? I hear you get a jolt like hooking a car battery up to your nipples
:lol :lol :lol

Momo knows first hand - he just saw him at the library and that was enough to make his pants messy.
More likely on the back side and not the front?
Post Reply