All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Ron Cameron

A place to showcase the very best threads on the Buzzboard.
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Sounds good so far. Not Ron Cameron "good," but still good in its own way.
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

And a Buzzboard shout-out!
radiofan1974
Posts: 5902
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Momo wrote: ↑Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:06 pm And a Buzzboard shout-out!
Would not expect anything less :)
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Ron sounded a little down about Christmas yesterday. I wonder if either of these videos would help.



Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Ron must be really hurting to be bringing up the debt he claims is owed him by Lane Staal, a boxer once in his "stable," whom Ron first met as his short-order cook (Al being then otherwise occupied), and who was once a frequent show regular before the relationship soured.

Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

A familiar refrain. The guy behind this YouTube channel notes the following:
Ron Cameron called our cable company's TV production department a 'Mickey Mouse' organization. The next show taping, we wore Mickey Mouse ears on set. Perhaps because of the bright lights, Ron never saw it.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

SiriusXM has Christmas with Crosby, and here is our holiday trip down Memory Lane...

Christmas with Cameron

December 25, 2016 (Hour 1)

https://www.detroitmoviepalaces.com/ima ... 122516.mp3
sparty89
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:44 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by sparty89 »

Has Ron ever spoken about George Eichorn prior to yesterday's show? It was odd how a rhetorical question about Ron's well-being set him off on that rant about Stall and Eichorn.
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Bobbert wrote: ↑Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:51 am SiriusXM has Christmas with Crosby, and here is our holiday trip down Memory Lane...

Christmas with Cameron

December 25, 2016 (Hour 1)

https://www.detroitmoviepalaces.com/ima ... 122516.mp3
Thanks, Bobbert, looking forward to listening to Ron & his then-regulars spreading the holiday spirit. Since Christmas fell on a Friday in 2015, that had to be the year when I told Ron (on WPON) that the insurance company had to named the Scrooge insurance company.
ShempLives
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:08 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by ShempLives »

According to this story (about half way through) not only was George Eichorn a "good friend" of Ron's, but Ron also had access to the Detroit Tiger's press box and kitchen in 2011. Was this before Ron Colangelo? https://www.polishnews.com/color-music- ... e-baseball
radiofan1974
Posts: 5902
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Bobbert wrote: ↑Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:41 am Ron sounded a little down about Christmas yesterday. I wonder if either of these videos would help.



He did, especially when Martin tried to discuss the health issues he was having and the severity of it.
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

OMG!!! A Christmas miracle!!! Stop the presses!!!

Earlier today, I encountered our hero, live in the wild, at the Bloomfield Hills Library. As I canvassed the library for missing newspapers, my search ended when I saw, at a computer, a headphones-donning man surrounded by a stack of newspapers. As I successfully sifted through the newspapers, I recognized the one & only Ron F. Cameron (who had a nearby walker)! I said, "I know you." Without missing a beat, Scoop said, "Most people do." I asked him how he was & he said he was "good."

I later had to be escorted out of the library by Bloomfield Hills Police for asking one too many patrons to pinch me.
Matt
Posts: 15617
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Home of the National Champions

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Matt »

Momo wrote: ↑Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:30 pm OMG!!! A Christmas miracle!!! Stop the presses!!!

Earlier today, I encountered our hero, live in the wild, at the Bloomfield Hills Library. As I canvassed the library for missing newspapers, my search ended when I saw, at a computer, a headphones-donning man surrounded by a stack of newspapers. As I successfully sifted through the newspapers, I recognized the one & only Ron F. Cameron (who had a nearby walker)! I said, "I know you." Without missing a beat, Scoop said, "Most people do." I asked him how he was & he said he was "good."

I later had to be escorted out of the library by Bloomfield Hills Police for asking one too many patrons to pinch me.
Did you introduce yourself as superfan Momo from the buzzboard where 99.04% of your posts are about him?
America on Hiatus 1/20/25 - 1/20/29

Foxtrot
Delta
Tango

9000 - 353
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

No, my incorrigible friend Matt, I knew who he was, & he knew that I knew who he was, so all was good in Ron's world. But, Scoop being Scoop, he did ask me what I did & how old I was.
Majik
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Majik »

Momo wrote: ↑Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:30 pm OMG!!! A Christmas miracle!!! Stop the presses!!!

Earlier today, I encountered our hero, live in the wild, at the Bloomfield Hills Library. As I canvassed the library for missing newspapers, my search ended when I saw, at a computer, a headphones-donning man surrounded by a stack of newspapers. As I successfully sifted through the newspapers, I recognized the one & only Ron F. Cameron (who had a nearby walker)! I said, "I know you." Without missing a beat, Scoop said, "Most people do." I asked him how he was & he said he was "good."

I later had to be escorted out of the library by Bloomfield Hills Police for asking one too many patrons to pinch me.
I will bet dollars to donuts that Ron’s definition of the word most does not match mine.

It would be funny if you start to run cross him often now. He might think he has a stalker.
Post Reply