All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Ron Cameron

A place to showcase the very best threads on the Buzzboard.
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

I doubt this news about a possible Lions/Suh reunion has yet reached Ron (did the firing of his Hawaiian buddy Gabe Kapler ever get to his desk?), but if so, you know Ron's gotta be champing at the bit to get back to go after one of his old hobbyhorses.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/ ... 826766007/
Majik
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Majik »

Momo wrote: ↑Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:11 am I doubt this news about a possible Lions/Suh reunion has yet reached Ron (did the firing of his Hawaiian buddy Gabe Kapler ever get to his desk?), but if so, you know Ron's gotta be champing at the bit to get back to go after one of his old hobbyhorses.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/ ... 826766007/
I don’t picture Ron with a desk. I see him as using a metal folding TV tray.
edj
Posts: 3446
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:54 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by edj »

I’m still hoping Kurt is OK. Meredith too.
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

A month out of surgery, his likely 30 days in post-surgery rehab coming to an end, could Ron's return - if ever - be near?

(Won't You Come Home) Ron Cameron.

uncleb67
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:15 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by uncleb67 »

It is kinda wild that Scoop had predicted, if I recall, he may miss just a show or two. 30 days off the air/off the road/rehabbing is far longer than I thought SportsTalk would be silenced.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

uncleb67 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:52 am It is kinda wild that Scoop had predicted, if I recall, he may miss just a show or two. 30 days off the air/off the road/rehabbing is far longer than I thought SportsTalk would be silenced.
Ron's schedule must only work in two week increments, based on his recovery prediction and his standard guest forecast ("in the next two weeks").

Based on my father's recovery from the same surgery four days after Ron, I'd guess a few more weeks. Sitting down and talking there's no difference in him, but when it's time to move around, it takes some effort. But I do see signs of wanting to get back to regular activities.
billmich88888
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:11 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by billmich88888 »

is Ron still in the hospital, he seems like the kind of patient that will simply check in, and not check out
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

billmich88888 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:36 pm is Ron still in the hospital, he seems like the kind of patient that will simply check in, and not check out

In the last update we received, Ron had entered a post-surgery rehab facility. Likely for the 30 days covered in part by Medicare.
Kidcat
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:38 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Kidcat »

I doubt if Ron will,ever be back on the air.I can't see him going out and hustling for ads.I am afraid age and health have caught up,to our hero.
uncleb67
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:15 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by uncleb67 »

Kidcat wrote: ↑Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:58 pm I doubt if Ron will,ever be back on the air.I can't see him going out and hustling for ads.I am afraid age and health have caught up,to our hero.
Sadly, I agree.
Considering how fried/indifferent/bitter/tired Ron sounded on his shows the last several (?) months/years, it may be for the best.
The last thing any of us wanna hear after he’s been off for an extended hiatus is Ron signing on for the first time, half-asleep, yawns, burping, complaining about everything from the studio chair to the world outside the studio window.
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

uncleb67 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:49 pm The last thing any of us wanna hear after he’s been off for an extended hiatus is Ron signing on for the first time, half-asleep, yawns, burping, complaining about everything from the studio chair to the world outside the studio window.
As opposed to some other offering from Scoop?!
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

I wonder what other "revenue streams" Ron might consider:

With the full understanding that Ron would probably not consider any of these suggestions.
  • Fill-in work at a local sports talk station.
  • Speeches to different groups about his sports talk career.
  • Weekend appearances at sports bars to talk about his sports talk career.
  • An Internet column (with help from Martin).
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Bobbert wrote: ↑Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:25 pm I wonder what other "revenue streams" Ron might consider:

With the full understanding that Ron would probably not consider any of these suggestions.
  • Fill-in work at a local sports talk station.
  • Speeches to different groups about his sports talk career.
  • Weekend appearances at sports bars to talk about his sports talk career.
  • An Internet column (with help from Martin).
Pen sought-after memoir.

As for the mashed potato circuit, does the Mayo Smith Society still meet? Not a revenue source, but at least Ron could engage in some networking.
Deleted User 15924

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Deleted User 15924 »

uncleb67 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:49 pm The last thing any of us wanna hear after he’s been off for an extended hiatus is Ron signing on for the first time, half-asleep, yawns, burping, complaining about everything from the studio chair to the world outside the studio window.
All kidding aside.
I'm thinking if he does return to the airwaves, the first few weeks will be light on anything sports related. Look for him to tell us all about his adventures.
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Round Six wrote: ↑Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:36 pm I'm thinking if he does return to the airwaves, the first few weeks will be light on anything sports related. Look for him to tell us all about his adventures.
"This is a sports show."
Post Reply