All accepted new registrations through 11:00p ET on September 26 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Ron Cameron

A place to showcase the very best threads on the Buzzboard.
edj
Posts: 3436
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:54 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by edj »

You know if Rogers was catching, it would be because of his excellent pitch calling and gliding ability. I hope Mr. Positive can dig into this tomorrow.

I wish the stream worked with Bluetooth; we could have it on driving back home. Maybe the more tech oriented wife can figure something out.
radiofan1974
Posts: 5902
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

edj wrote: ↑Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:20 pm You know if Rogers was catching, it would be because of his excellent pitch calling and gliding ability. I hope Mr. Positive can dig into this tomorrow.

I wish the stream worked with Bluetooth; we could have it on driving back home. Maybe the more tech oriented wife can figure something out.
This may help..for some crazy reason when I am
In my car and I stream the website it works via Bluetooth from the wpon website, not sure why it works as everyone else I try to stream it with a Bluetooth device it does not work at all
Majik
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Majik »

edj wrote: ↑Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:20 pm You know if Rogers was catching, it would be because of his excellent pitch calling and gliding ability. I hope Mr. Positive can dig into this tomorrow.

I wish the stream worked with Bluetooth; we could have it on driving back home. Maybe the more tech oriented wife can figure something out.
I have no problem listening to Bluetooth headphones to my iPhone streaming from WPON website link.
radiofan1974
Posts: 5902
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Majik wrote: ↑Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:57 pm
edj wrote: ↑Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:20 pm You know if Rogers was catching, it would be because of his excellent pitch calling and gliding ability. I hope Mr. Positive can dig into this tomorrow.

I wish the stream worked with Bluetooth; we could have it on driving back home. Maybe the more tech oriented wife can figure something out.
I have no problem listening to Bluetooth headphones to my iPhone streaming from WPON website link.
Humm, I may try that, I have been using speakers let me jump in the wpon site and see if headphones make a difference

Update—Bluetooth headphones work when streaming from wpon.com :)
edj
Posts: 3436
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:54 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by edj »

Android phones, and wearing headphones while driving isn't the best idea. Unless they fixed the issue over the past week or so.

Buzzboard is the next best thing.
Mr.Transistor
Posts: 1461
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Mr.Transistor »

radiofan1974 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:39 pm
Majik wrote: ↑Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:57 pm
edj wrote: ↑Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:20 pm You know if Rogers was catching, it would be because of his excellent pitch calling and gliding ability. I hope Mr. Positive can dig into this tomorrow.

I wish the stream worked with Bluetooth; we could have it on driving back home. Maybe the more tech oriented wife can figure something out.
I have no problem listening to Bluetooth headphones to my iPhone streaming from WPON website link.
Humm, I may try that, I have been using speakers let me jump in the wpon site and see if headphones make a difference

Update—Bluetooth headphones work when streaming from wpon.com :)
This is Haase's 2nd no hitter he caught with the Tigers. His first was with Spencer Turnbull. Ron comparing Jake Rogers to Johnny Bench is just plain stupid. I am sure no credit will be given to Haase or the Tigers for that matter.

I will have to try the stream idea from the pea-shooter WPON website and see if that works with the Bluetooth. I usually stream thru Tune In or Radio Box and it never works. I'm not counting on it and will try to rely on the comments in here as I will be unavailable for the day.
radiofan1974
Posts: 5902
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

After the no hitter yesterday, Eric Hasse received quite a bit of credit and was mentioned quite often. I think I will email Ron and ask his thoughts on if there is a catcher controversy brewing behind the plate and if Jake Rogers demands a trade over all this fuss
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

The Fourth of July fireworks season officially ends today, when Kurt taunts Ron about Eric Haase catching the combined no-hitter yesterday.

Also, first thing Monday morning, Ron will set an appointment with his dentist, to see how much damage was done by Ron's teeth-grinding during and after yesterday's game.
uncleb67
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:15 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by uncleb67 »

radiofan1974 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:04 am After the no hitter yesterday, Eric Hasse received quite a bit of credit and was mentioned quite often. I think I will email Ron and ask his thoughts on if there is a catcher controversy brewing behind the plate and if Jake Rogers demands a trade over all this fuss
I noticed that in the on-field celebration, near the mound, after the last out was recorded, so many of the players were jumping around, singling out and mobbing Eric Haase…kinda runs opposite of Scoop’s “clubhouse mole” info that Jake Rogers is the “preferred catcher in the room”!
At the post-game press conference, the three pitchers were being interviewed and then Eric Haase entered the interview, as well. Though I didn’t have the sound on loud, I’m sure that was at the urging of the Manning, Foley and Lange.
uncleb67
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:15 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by uncleb67 »

Bobbert wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:19 am Also, first thing Monday morning, Ron will set an appointment with his dentist, to see how much damage was done by Ron's teeth-grinding during and after yesterday's game.
Well, if Ron’s dentist works as quickly and efficiently as the surgeon that is rumored to be doing Scoop’s long-promised “new knees”, he could be waiting awhile to sit down in the dental chair! Then again, haven’t heard Scoop EVER read an ad for a dental office…”It’s quite a place, I tell ya, you gotta go there…”
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Bobbert wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:19 am Also, first thing Monday morning, Ron will set an appointment with his dentist, to see how much damage was done by Ron's teeth-grinding during and after yesterday's game.
Ron at his last dental appointment:

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/illu ... popup=true
edj
Posts: 3436
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:54 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by edj »

Regner is today, correct? I can’t wait to find out his greatest thrill and if he always wanted to work in sports media.
edj
Posts: 3436
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:54 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by edj »

radiofan1974 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:04 am After the no hitter yesterday, Eric Hasse received quite a bit of credit and was mentioned quite often. I think I will email Ron and ask his thoughts on if there is a catcher controversy brewing behind the plate and if Jake Rogers demands a trade over all this fuss
Maybe he will traded for Ohtani straight up.
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

edj wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:27 am Regner is today, correct? I can’t wait to find out his greatest thrill and if he always wanted to work in sports media.
That's the plan. If Art's on, I'd like Mr. Positive to ask him to comment on the recent NYT article in which he is cited as an example of one who is resisting the new drugs that treat obesity:

“Art Regner … [a] garrulous color commentator for the Detroit Red Wings hockey team … said he was not ready to resort to medication. But when he went to Dr. [Amy] Rothberg’s [Ann Arbor weight loss] clinic he was chagrined. He’d regained 22 of the 76 pounds he lost by dieting.

Dr. Rothberg … suggested Wegovy or Mounjaro. But Mr. Regner felt he should have enough willpower to do it on his own. He knows his blood sugar is high and is aware of the consequences of diabetes.

Dr. Rothberg gently explained to him that it was not his fault he kept regaining weight every time he lost some.

***

Mr. Regner was not swayed. “I believe in myself,” he said. “I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and say, ‘Are you going to do it or aren’t you?’”
radiofan1974
Posts: 5902
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Love art’s passion and it makes him entertaining especially during the post game lions broadcasts those shows had some epic rants

But I am sure Ron will have no problem having art tell it like it is when it comes to the wings :)
Post Reply