Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Will chicken shit Trump duck debates?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Will chicken shit Trump duck debates?

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:34 pm

From today's WSJ editorial titled "Will Donald Trump Duck the GOP Debates?":
Mr. Trump’s real motivation is probably closer to that offered by an adviser who told NBC News that “he is not going to debate unless he’s forced to by changing polling.” Mr. Trump is leading in the GOP nomination polls—“by a lot,” as he likes to say. He doesn’t want to give his opponents a chance to challenge him before a large TV audience. His advisers say Mr. Trump might even hold a rally at the same time as the debate, leaving his competitors to fight among themselves.

Millions of those voters might consider someone else who looked impressive in debates, and that’s what Mr. Trump wants to avoid. He hopes to coast to the nomination with rallies in which he can attack President Biden and tout his first-term record without anyone pointing out his failures or the risks of a second term. The GOP gave Mr. Trump a chance to debate in 2016, but he wants to deny that chance to his rivals this year.

Unlike 2016, his challengers won’t hesitate to challenge Mr. Trump in debates this time. That’s true of Mr. DeSantis, who is second in most polls and at age 44 can show a marked contrast in age with the 77-year-old Mr. Trump. Former Vice President Mike Pence will call out Mr. Trump on foreign policy and abortion. Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has emerged as Mr. Trump’s most effective critic in New Hampshire town halls.
I can't believe how many people are willing to throw another election with this guaranteed loser.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Re: Will chicken shit Trump duck debates?

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

The most pathetic thing is that he is not a guaranteed loser. With a very unpopular incumbent president who seems he could mentally or physically crash at any moment, along with an even more disliked VP, the chances of anyone who gets the Republican nomination, even an individual as deplorable, crooked and unpatriotic as the treasonous Trump, could win the election.
The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:00 pm

Trump in 24. America adores Trump.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:37 pm

Broken down Biden is a better option than treasonous Trump.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:43 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:37 pm
Broken down Biden is a better option than treasonous Trump.
Oh, I 💯 agree. My worry is if he gets worse....probable; or strokes/dies....possible. and we're stuck with Kamala.

This shit is a looooong way from being over. TT is wrong, but 1/3rd of the country does adore Trump. Add in an October (or earlier) surprise, and that motherfucker could win the election.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:50 pm

Well then the Democrat party had better get their shit together, eh?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:55 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:50 pm
At least they are more together than the GOP. Dems almost have to run the incumbent. The Republicans are too fucking stupid to realize they keep backing a loser..

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:12 pm

bmw wrote:
Or the cult can follow Trump off a cliff. Which actually sounds like a favor to the rest of us.

The fact that 40% of the country has insulated itself from reality is the crux of this problem.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:48 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:12 pm
bmw wrote:
Or the cult can follow Trump off a cliff. Which actually sounds like a favor to the rest of us.

The fact that 40% of the country has insulated itself from reality is the crux of this problem.
As HM pointed out, no one wins if Harris is in the oval.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:35 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:48 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:12 pm
bmw wrote:

As HM pointed out, no one wins if Harris is in the oval.
I never said she was gonna be in any oval offices.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:28 pm

Jesus this thread is depressing. Biden, Harris or Trump.

I'm gonna go listen to some My Chemical Romance to cheer up a little.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:34 am

I agree with much of the sentiment here. Hopefully, the "no labels" organization is successful in putting forth a decent alternative, and more importantly, getting that candidate on the ballot in all 50 states.

I've thought for a while now that Trump indeed will duck the primary debates. He will most likely host a campaign event at the same time as each of the debates.

If I had to vote in a GOP primary today, among the declared candidates, Chris Christie would be my choice. Hardly an ideal choice, but he impresses me more than anyone else. He does need to lose some weight; I think some people will have trepidation voting for a man who is morbidly obese (i.e. serious health concerns). He makes Trump look thin by comparison.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:36 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:34 am
I agree with much of the sentiment here. Hopefully, the "no labels" organization is successful in putting forth a decent alternative, and more importantly, getting that candidate on the ballot in all 50 states.

I've thought for a while now that Trump indeed will duck the primary debates. He will most likely host a campaign event at the same time as each of the debates.

If I had to vote in a GOP primary today, among the declared candidates, Chris Christie would be my choice. Hardly an ideal choice, but he impresses me more than anyone else. He does need to lose some weight; I think some people will have trepidation voting for a man who is morbidly obese (i.e. serious health concerns). He makes Trump look thin by comparison.
I hate to break it to you but “no labels” has about as much chance of doing anything other than electing Trump by getting involved as you or I do. They are NOT what we need right now. Plus it seems to be more of a grift than a legitimate effort.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:11 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:36 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:34 am

I hate to break it to you but “no labels” has about as much chance of doing anything other than electing Trump by getting involved as you or I do. They are NOT what we need right now. Plus it seems to be more of a grift than a legitimate effort.
Most Americans want someone other than Trump or Biden, who both appear very much to be grifters.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:58 am

What we need here is an independent billionaire candidate to really mess up this election. Who is crazy and rich enough to step up?
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic