All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Ron Cameron

A place to showcase the very best threads on the Buzzboard.
radiofan1974
Posts: 5902
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Who follows me!
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Martin asks what day it is, and Ron replies "Jesus Christ!" I guess that's his way of saying it's Sunday.
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Thanks for the "book," Martin. the only one Ron will ever open.
radiofan1974
Posts: 5902
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

And that ends another week!!
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

"I'm so happy, just as happy as can be" that Sportstalk with Ron Cameron is finally over.
edj
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:54 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by edj »

If I read correctly, Martin reached his goal. Mr. P, Kurt, Keith, new caller Burt, our Frank, Mark, and Drew. Throw shy Tom from Berkley in and he exceeded it. Before you know it, double digit callers! R Sizzle's 16 hour days are paying off! Next week I expect a gluttony of new ads now that he has his Yellow Pages.

Good to know Meredith is still alive, as the other emailers (other than ignoring ours and my coworker) must have died.

I believe the rest of the All Star team is announced tonight. If Rogers is stiffed, a loud scream will be heard coming from the Dequindre corridor in Warren.
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

I think Ron reached his high-water mark on his return to WPON with six individual callers today. But - unless Martin was speaking in the aggregate - that would fall short of Martin’s “you have seven callers” rebuke.

With so few callers, one would think Ron would know each of his callers like the back of his hand. Yet how many times has a bemused Frank corrected Ron’s misapprehension that he’s an accountant?!
radiofan1974
Posts: 5902
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Rogers adding to that Ron Cameron all star resume with his 11th HR
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Michael Lorenzen, who didn’t even make Ryan Ford’s top ten list in the Free Press, will be the Tigers’ representative at the ASG. Owing it all, I trust, to Jake Rogers.
edj
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:54 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by edj »

Momo wrote: ↑Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:56 pm Michael Lorenzen, who didn’t even make Ryan Ford’s top ten list in the Free Press, will be the Tigers’ representative at the ASG. Owing it all, I trust, to Jake Rogers.
Does Ron have Rob Manfred's number? Or did the maid throw it out? I'm sure he idolized him too.
radiofan1974
Posts: 5902
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Momo wrote: ↑Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:56 pm Michael Lorenzen, who didn’t even make Ryan Ford’s top ten list in the Free Press, will be the Tigers’ representative at the ASG. Owing it all, I trust, to Jake Rogers.
I am sure we will hear later this week, how it’s all wrong, Ron must be pacing in his hotel room upon hearing this
sparty89
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:44 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by sparty89 »

Will Ron be perplexed as to how Tyler Bertuzzi could sign with the Leafs, when he refuses to get tested. Also, I wonder how his still pregnant wife is doing.
radiofan1974
Posts: 5902
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Interesting that Ron is going to have Art regner on, I don’t mind Art, with Ron not a fan of the homer media.

I enjoyed him back in the day on lions post game shows, and post game wings playoffs was very entertaining, but if there is anyone that only speaks positive about wings and is “bought and paid for” as Ron would say it would be Art
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

radiofan1974 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:14 pm Interesting that Ron is going to have Art regner on, I don’t mind Art, with Ron not a fan of the homer media.

I enjoyed him back in the day on lions post game shows, and post game wings playoffs was very entertaining, but if there is anyone that only speaks positive about wings and is “bought and paid for” as Ron would say it would be Art
Yet, Ron says he does a "good job." The only factor that separates Art from all the 'gutless homers' Ron regularly decries is his willingness to be a guest on his show. Pay attention, Dan Dickerson!
edj
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:54 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by edj »

I met Art Regner once at the grocery store. We talked for a few minutes. I would say he’s a good man, and I don’t even have a brokered radio show! No “what are you doing here” moments.

I do agree he’s a homer with the Wings. He was much more entertaining with the Lions especially when they went 0-16. I think he was the one that joked they were 4-16, because of the preseason.

Wife and I are going out of town, so it’s unlikely I’ll listen to either show this week.
Post Reply