Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Howard Stern Is ‘Dumbfounded’ Over Kid Rock & Travis Tritt’s Transphobia

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Taco

Howard Stern Is ‘Dumbfounded’ Over Kid Rock & Travis Tritt’s Transphobia

Post by Taco » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:35 pm

"I thought there must be a piece of this story that I'm missing," the radio host said, following the conservative duo's response to Anheuser-Busch's gift to Dylan Mulvaney.

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-n ... 235300460/

I'm not a fan of Howard Stern but he makes a lot of sense here. If this stuff bothers people so much what does it say about that person? There are so many worthwhile causes and issues out there and this is what they are choosing to rag on??

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

FakeAndyStuart

Re: Howard Stern Is ‘Dumbfounded’ Over Kid Rock & Travis Tritt’s Transphobia

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:16 pm

keto wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:56 pm
Taco wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:35 pm
"I thought there must be a piece of this story that I'm missing," the radio host said, following the conservative duo's response to Anheuser-Busch's gift to Dylan Mulvaney.

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-n ... 235300460/

I'm not a fan of Howard Stern but he makes a lot of sense here. If this stuff bothers people so much what does it say about that person? There are so many worthwhile causes and issues out there and this is what they are choosing to rag on??
So if you disagree with someone, the person that disagrees hates the other person and is afraid (phobic) of them. Gotcha.

Lots of pro-life-phobic people out there, along with heterosexual-phobic, traditional marriage-phobic, science and facts-phobic, and reality-phobic.
So I just read the entire article, plus the OG post, without seeing the word "phobic" or "hate" so I really don't understand your point.
Kid Rock can shoot up any sort of beer cans or other products that he chooses. Travis Tritt can wail against any brand he wants to wail against. But I'll bet you that if that brand came up with a big money proposal to back one of their tours, we'd see a pretty quick turnaround. I'm also wondering if they have bothered to check the alternative brands.. Such as Miller Lite..

Miller Lite aims to create safer, more accepting spaces at bars for members of the LGBTQ+ community because we believe that everyone should be able to be their true self.

In partnership with Equality Federation, we launched the ‘Open & Proud’ program in June 2021, to help make the 55,000 bars that serve Miller Lite become more inclusive to the LGBTQ+ community through local town halls, training guide development and implementation, plus continued support to our friends at Equality Federation and their important advocacy work. To date, Miller Lite has contributed $450,000 to Equality Federation to cultivate change.
And isn't Miller owned by Coors now? Oh my, what's Kid Rock gonna do now?

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:26 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:16 pm
So I just read the entire article, plus the OG post, without seeing the word "phobic" or "hate" so I really don't understand your point.
You apparently missed the word "Transphobia" in the title of this post.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:30 pm

And just a general observation of mine over the past week or so based on news articles and stuff I see posted on social media: the left is more upset with Kid Rock than Kid Rock is with Budweiser. To the people up in arms asking the question of why does Kid Rock care what is on a beer can: Why are you up in arms over what Kid Rock thinks about what is on a beer can?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:48 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:30 pm
And just a general observation of mine over the past week or so based on news articles and stuff I see posted on social media: the left is more upset with Kid Rock than Kid Rock is with Budweiser. To the people up in arms asking the question of why does Kid Rock care what is on a beer can: Why are you up in arms over what Kid Rock thinks about what is on a beer can?

There's no one here more left than I am and I don't even know who this kid rock person is. And right now, I'm drinking a Budweiser.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:50 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:26 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:16 pm
You apparently missed the word "Transphobia" in the title of this post.
You are correct... I didn't notice the word in the title. My bad.

That to me is mischaracterizing the conversation.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:50 pm

Howard Stern is still alive?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:27 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:50 pm
Howard Stern is still alive?
And is there anyone alive who still listens to him?
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:31 pm

I love Howard Stern. He went from doing humorous radio when I was younger to hard hitting interviews today. It's a joy to listen to him and Robin whenever I do get Sirius. This guy is the best thing going for radio today.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:37 am

keto wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:02 pm

“Transphobic” and “transphobia” are literally in the title and the first caption of the article. Look again.
Okay, Okay... I've already been chastised for having poor reading skills. I'm still fascinated however by this obsession with dissing brands that stray from the MAGA path. I truly don't care - Bud Light is water masquerading as an alcoholic beverage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:26 am

Some people are upset over this for the same reason they were upset a few years ago over politics infecting many aspects of professional sports: When they go home after a hard day's work and want to relax with a beer, they don't want a political message literally thrown right in their face. Beer is beer (or Bud Light is water, whatever).

And I can guarantee you that the left would have just as much, if not more of, a reaction, if let's say, a company like Nike adopted a "Make America Great" type of promotional campaign. What if Nike started including a free MAGA hat with every pair of shoes? Do you think people on the left in this country would be like "I don't really care"? Hell no, They would make Kid Rock shooting up beer cans look like mere child's play. I assure you there would be Nike outlets looted and burned to the ground.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:28 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:26 am
Some people are upset over this for the same reason they were upset a few years ago over politics infecting many aspects of professional sports: When they go home after a hard day's work and want to relax with a beer, they don't want a political message literally thrown right in their face. Beer is beer (or Bud Light is water, whatever).

And I can guarantee you that the left would have just as much, if not more of, a reaction, if let's say, a company like Nike adopted a "Make America Great" type of promotional campaign. What if Nike started including a free MAGA hat with every pair of shoes? Do you think people on the left in this country would be like "I don't really care"? Hell no, They would make Kid Rock shooting up beer cans look like mere child's play. I assure you there would be Nike outlets looted and burned to the ground.
If they were literally giving away Trump swag that’s a whole different thing. Something patriotic wouldn’t draw a peep.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:52 am

A beer can is pretty close to that. It may not technically be "swag," but it is something you have to look at every time you take a swig.

I need look no further than the left's promotion of tearing down of statues, changing team names, changing company mascots, re-writing children's books, etc., to know exactly what the reaction would be from then if, let's say, a picture of ANYTHING they find even mildly offensive on, let's say, every Starbucks cup.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:54 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:26 am

And I can guarantee you that the left would have just as much, if not more of, a reaction, if let's say, a company like Nike adopted a "Make America Great" type of promotional campaign.
Didn't they try to ruin the pillow guy because of his support of Trump?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:22 am

To be fair, the left's disdain for the My Pillow guy is for more than him simply being a Trump supporter - it is because he is outspoken in his opinion that the 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump through election fraud. That said, Lindell's entire marketing strategy revolves around selling his products to Trump supporters, and so he kind of opens himself up to attack.

Budweiser, on the other hand, used to make some of the funniest, non-political commercials on TV. From the late 1990s through mid-2000s, they were always the highlight of what used to be funny Super Bowl commercials. And now they are engaged in literal in-your-face political messaging. As many of its customers would say, "they've gone woke."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic