Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer leads Dixon 28 to 1

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Whitmer leads Dixon 28 to 1

Post by TC Talks » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:54 pm

I guess most Republican donors aren't too concerned about abortion being an important issue. She isn't doing very well...
LANSING — Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has a massive fundraising edge over Republican challenger Tudor Dixon, raising $2.4 million during the post-primary period, campaign reports filed Thursday show.

That is roughly the amount Dixon’s campaign has raised for the entire election cycle. Dixon, a North Shore mother of four and former steel executive, took in just under $700,000 during the past month, records show.

As of Aug. 22, the governor’s campaign had $14 million in the bank. Dixon had just over $523,000.

The disparity comes two months before the Nov. 8 general election, where two women candidates will face each other for governor for the first time in Michigan history.

While both position themselves as working moms, they are of polar opposites on issues such as abortion, taxes and the coronavirus pandemic.

Dixon is anti-abortion and supports no exceptions for rape and incest, while Whitmer promised to “fight like hell” to preserve abortion rights after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down Roe v. Wade.

Dixon emerged from the August primary with low name recognition in polls, and some strategists say she needs to raise more money to get her message out. Two super PACs — Michigan Families United and Save Michigan — have spent $2 million running ads supporting Dixon.

But for now, Dixon’s campaign fundraising is no match for Whitmer.

With the $2.4 million raised in the latest period, Whitmer’s campaign has collected a total of almost $32 million for the election cycle, records show.

During the post-primary period, Whitmer raised more than $1.6 million in direct contributions from nearly 1,600 donors who each gave more than

$200, a Bridge analysis of the campaign finance report shows.

Union group SEIU Michigan State Council was Whitmer’s biggest donor during the onemonth period, giving $51,500. Another union group, Iron Workers Local 25 PAC, gave $25,000.

The political arm of General Motors, the auto giant that announced a historic $7 billion investment in Michigan earlier this year, also contributed $10,000 to Whitmer.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 15846

Re: Whitmer leads Dixon 28 to 1

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:04 pm

The GOP has put up some very poor candidates for governor, this time around. I am thinking Dixon won't be a priority for the RGA and it seems PA along with AZ may fall in that category as well. The money will be put towards: FL,KS,WI,GA, and maybe NV.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:22 pm

Mr. Peabody wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:04 pm
The GOP has put up some very poor candidates for governor, this time around. I am thinking Dixon won't be a priority for the RGA and it seems PA along with AZ may fall in that category as well. The money will be put towards: FL,KS,WI,GA, and maybe NV.
I would say her campaign is going to essentially suffocate to death. Money is the lifeblood of politics for better or worse of course.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:39 pm

Interesting that the party that bitched about money in politics is now bragging about it.

Also, why is this in the national section?

Finally, why is tyrant Whitmer scared to debate before ballots are available?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:50 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:39 pm
Interesting that the party that bitched about money in politics is now bragging about it.

If you’re in the drivers seat why would you debate? It’s a false choice set up by Dixons campaign as part of a kind of tired strategy. Money in politics does suck and I think campaigns should be 100% fully funded from a campaign fund dispersed by the government with each candidate getting an equal amount and that’s all that’s available to them. No more shady folks In the shadows to kowtow too and the like. But as it is now observing this kind of things gives us clues as to how a candidate is faring… maybe this is more up beemers alley.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:13 pm

Matt wrote:

Scared to death? Why give a nobody any attention.

Sorry the power of incumbency is in Whitmer's court.
― Matt

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:15 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:13 pm
Matt wrote:

Just like Trump, right?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:21 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:15 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:13 pm
Matt wrote:

Just like Trump, right?

No, the entire Republican party...
Now, the Republican National Committee has voted unanimously to leave the CPD, ending more than three decades of bipartisan civic cooperation.

"The Commission on Presidential Debates is biased and has refused to enact simple and commonsense reforms to help ensure fair debates including hosting debates before voting begins and selecting moderators who have never worked for candidates on the debate stage," Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said in a statement.

Republicans threaten to skip traditional general election debates
"Today, the RNC voted to withdraw from the biased CPD, and we are going to find newer, better debate platforms to ensure that future nominees are not forced to go through the biased CPD in order to make their case to the American people,"
― Matt

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:00 pm

marsbar wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:40 am
I think Republicans phoned this one in a long time ago. They don't want to be tagged with the oncoming recession, so they'll let the Democrats have this one in hopes of winning next time.
How do you feel about abortion and the LGBTQ community?

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:54 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:00 pm
marsbar wrote:
I think Republicans phoned this one in a long time ago. They don't want to be tagged with the oncoming recession, so they'll let the Democrats have this one in hopes of winning next time.
Busted after one post. :lol

Now 9 posts in, I suspect your hunch here is correct.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:36 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:54 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:00 pm
marsbar wrote:
Busted after one post. :lol

Now 9 posts in, I suspect your hunch here is correct.
Sometimes it's just too easy. It acts a little bit different as though it is early stages AI, but it reveals itself in time.

A1B1C1D1

Post by A1B1C1D1 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:36 pm

Will inflation start to rise again making voters jittery? Will heating bills in October be a concern for voters as our cold season begins? Will this long expected wave of evictions ever happen? How many Detroit voters will vote for a Black Republican over an Asian Democrat and will any carry over to Dixon? Are the new car lots starting to fill up or do we keep paying over MRSP?

I can't see her doing worse than Schutte and he was far more qualified. I can't see Dixon winning either, but it is 'the economy stupid' and it isn't very good for a large segment. Thousands of unfilled low wage jobs doesn't benefit Whitmer. If Whitmer had a further left independent making noise she would easily shed five or six points as Hillary Clinton learned. If Dixon had a Bernie in the race I might say she has a decent shot at winning.

Dixon did well in the Republican debates, we'll see how she does in October against Gretchen. Hammer away at people spending their savings to deal with inflation after building up savings during the shutdown.

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:10 pm

Despite the Democrats short comings, The GQP Quanon party offers nothing. Except for conspiracy theory's, Banning books, and culture wars.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:50 am

Whitmer never raised taxes
In case the Republicans missed this point. I felt she could have to pay for things this state needs.
― Matt

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:20 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:50 am
Whitmer never raised taxes
In case the Republicans missed this point. I felt she could have to pay for things this state needs.
Except she proposed a wildly unpopular $0.45/gallon gas tax increase. Also, the Republicans never would have went for a tax increase, so the claim is endlessly hollow.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic