Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

“Don’t Say Gay”

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

“Don’t Say Gay”

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:30 am

Far right wing audio and GG style bigots want to use the “hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil” principle to attempt to silence LGBT people and push back against banning reparative therapy. Right wing thugs.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/re ... ay-bill-15

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Re: “Don’t Say Gay”

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:40 am

My wife has this purse she bought during Pride Month from Coach. It's got the C's in the colors of the Pride Flag. People compliment the purse whenever she wears it and she's been hit on a few times by waitresses.

When is Coach going to make a wallet that gets me the same attention? I'm not gay but it'd be nice to be invited to the party every once in a while.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:47 am

I don't recall any LGBTQ+++++++whateverotherlettersyouwanttoputhere ever once being taught in my public school or even ever being the subject of discussion in a classroom. It was something that was never discussed, and that wasn't a problem. Why is it necessary for government to educate children on this particular issue?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:30 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:47 am
I don't recall any LGBTQ+++++++whateverotherlettersyouwanttoputhere ever once being taught in my public school or even ever being the subject of discussion in a classroom. It was something that was never discussed, and that wasn't a problem. Why is it necessary for government to educate children on this particular issue?
Conversely, why does there need to be a ban?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:46 am

Frankly, the past few decades have pretty much illustrated the importance of things like this. When people's differences become more visible to the public, they tend to understand people more as humans. When a kid's only understanding of homosexuality is their dad yelling at the TV about faggots and asking "how can a man find another man's anus attractive?", that obviously influences the kid in a way that will make them hostile toward gays. Something has to counter the hate that kids are taught.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:59 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:30 am
bmw wrote:
I don't know that there NEEDS to be a ban....frankly I would leave that up to local school boards. I think it comes as a reaction to the LGBTQ people pushing things too far. They will never have enough as there is no end goal. No matter what they get or what you give them, they'll just move on to their next agenda item, whatever that is.
Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:46 am
Frankly, the past few decades have pretty much illustrated the importance of things like this. When people's differences become more visible to the public, they tend to understand people more as humans. When a kid's only understanding of homosexuality is their dad yelling at the TV about faggots and asking "how can a man find another man's anus attractive?", that obviously influences the kid in a way that will make them hostile toward gays. Something has to counter the hate that kids are taught.
So it is your opinion that at least on this particular subject, not only is it the role of government to teach children, but the government's role supersedes the role of the parents?

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:12 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:59 am
Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:30 am
bmw wrote:
I don't know that there NEEDS to be a ban....frankly I would leave that up to local school boards. I think it comes as a reaction to the LGBTQ people pushing things too far. They will never have enough as there is no end goal. No matter what they get or what you give them, they'll just move on to their next agenda item, whatever that is.
Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:46 am
So it is your opinion that at least on this particular subject, not only is it the role of government to teach children, but the government's role supersedes the role of the parents?
i thought you said you had me on ignore. you sure do quote a lot of my posts.

:thinking:

Rent free and such...

Anyhow, the role of education is to support the preparation and development of good citizens. Good citizens at least understand the different characteristics of people, but my personal opinion is that they should also be accepting of differences. If parents are doing this in the home, then education would need to have less of a role.

In short, this isn't about "superseding" anything, its about holding a role in accomplishing good citizen development.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:40 pm

I would note that there is a big difference between understanding, accepting, and promoting different lifestyles. I personally do NOT believe that it should be the role of public school to promote/advocate for an LGBTQ lifestyle. We can have a debate on whether acceptance or understanding crosses the line (me personally I would draw the line somewhere between understanding and accepting).

As a footnote, I would separate gender identity as its own discussion point, and I don't believe schools should be discussing gender identity in any way, shape, or form beyond biological gender.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:39 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:12 pm
...the role of education is to support the preparation and development of good ...
..."citizens" or ...."subjects" ??

:D

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:31 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:40 pm
I would note that there is a big difference between understanding, accepting, and promoting different lifestyles. I personally do NOT believe that it should be the role of public school to promote/advocate for an LGBTQ lifestyle. We can have a debate on whether acceptance or understanding crosses the line (me personally I would draw the line somewhere between understanding and accepting).

As a footnote, I would separate gender identity as its own discussion point, and I don't believe schools should be discussing gender identity in any way, shape, or form beyond biological gender.
Understanding and acceptance are important for people of diverse backgrounds. This shouldn't even be a debate. I say this knowing full well that high school me in the late 90s/early aughts would sooooo be cancelled by 2022 standards.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:03 am

When high school graduates don’t understand their Constitutional rights or how to balance a checkbook, but they can explain the difference between a “top” and a “bottom”, there’s a problem.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:41 am

Chrocket87 wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:03 am
When high school graduates don’t understand their Constitutional rights or how to balance a checkbook, but they can explain the difference between a “top” and a “bottom”, there’s a problem.
It doesn't have to be sexual. It is a simple acknowledgement of LGBT people and the option for club groups after school. Fucking prick.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:04 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:41 am
It doesn't have to be sexual. It is a simple acknowledgement of LGBT...
Ummmm....what? Every single letter in LGBT has a sexual connotation.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:09 am

Lesbian only means that a female is attracted to a female. Gay just means a male likes a male. Bi means both. Transgender simply means that one identifies as a gender opposite their birth sex. None of it is any more sexual than a boy crushing on a girl.

Here’s a good video for you bigots: https://youtu.be/VHGLQkNPSvI

Teachers have a duty to teach kids.

Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:16 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:09 am
Teachers have a duty to teach kids.
km1125 wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:39 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:12 pm
...the role of education is to support the preparation and development of good ...
..."citizens" or ...."subjects" ??

:D
KM's response, as sarcastic as it was, perfectly illustrates my problem here. It isn't teachers teaching. It is the government indoctrinating. And yes, both the left and the right are guilty of this. Maybe even equally so. Ultimately I would have no problem whatsoever if (at least the federal) government completely got out of the business of education.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic