Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jimmy Harbaugh fails in quest to get NFL head coaching job

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: Jimmy Harbaugh fails in quest to get NFL head coaching job

Post by Honeyman » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:45 am

The bastion of truth, Myth Albom, has published a sickening puff piece on Jimmy in today's freep. It would be comical if not so pathetic.

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:02 pm

I won't even waste my team reading that article. Myth Albom indeed!

It appears some within the Vikings organization weren't completely sold on the notion of hiring Harbaugh. The GM certainly was, but the team's ownership may have been a bit skeptical of the move. Probably helps explain why the interview lasted nine fucking hours.

Suspecting there was a chance the Vikings would announce a new HC other than himself (in which case his tail definitely would've been tucked between his legs), Jimmy decided to cut things off at the pass by announcing his return to Ann Arbor before an opportunity would've arisen of being embarrassed.

I agree this recent drama may cause a few future recruits to think twice.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:09 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:02 pm
I won't even waste my team reading that article. Myth Albom indeed!

It appears some within the Vikings organization weren't completely sold on the notion of hiring Harbaugh. The GM certainly was, but the team's ownership may have been a bit skeptical of the move. Probably helps explain why the interview lasted nine fucking hours.

Suspecting there was a chance the Vikings would announce a new HC other than himself (in which case his tail definitely would've been tucked between his legs), Jimmy decided to cut things off at the pass by announcing his return to Ann Arbor before an opportunity would've arisen of being embarrassed.

I agree this recent drama may cause a few future recruits to think twice.
Don't believe the lazy nfl narrative. He could have taken the Miami job if he wanted it. I truly believe this was an ego thing. The reporting that he was unprepared for the interview was 100% bullshit. I think the new contract will be reflective if what Jim has said regarding this not happening again.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:12 pm

I agree completely that some other teams would've been interested in interviewing him if given the chance. I also agree any claim he was unprepared for the interview is likely utter b.s.

I think it is a near certainty his new contract will be significantly juicier from a compensation standpoint. But that doesn't address the elephant in the room, which is NIL.

I think the appeal of the Minnesota gig was his cordial relationship with that team's new GM. If that GM weren't there, he would not have interviewed with the Vikings.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:09 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:32 pm
There is no indication Josh Gattis is pissed off. Keep making shit up!

Oops! Gattis gone. Now Jimmy needs a DC and an OC! :lol:

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:20 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:09 pm
Matt wrote:

They have 3 candidates on staff. Gattis is going to be a head coach in the next cycle anyway.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:29 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:20 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:09 pm
Matt wrote:

They have 3 candidates on staff. Gattis is going to be a head coach in the next cycle anyway.
He didn't leave for head coach job, he's gonna have the same OC position at Miami. I'm sure Michigan isn't gonna miss the Broyles award winner for best assistant coach. But I thought all was well with Jimmy and Gattis? Wasn't Jimmy gonna get more bucks for his staff with his new contract he's gonna sign after turning down the Viking job?

As soon as assistants get a whiff of another opportunity, they bolt. Jimmy finally gets his OSU win and tries to cash out. There's a pattern here.
Last edited by Honeyman on Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:37 pm

I get it, you are only interested in shitting on Michigan, but Harbaugh has done a pretty good job of putting together staffs throughout his career. Gattis likely saw success under multiple coaches as an OC as a path to a higher level first HC job.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:47 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:37 pm
I get it, you are only interested in shitting on Michigan, but Harbaugh has done a pretty good job of putting together staffs throughout his career. Gattis likely saw success under multiple coaches as an OC as a path to a higher level first HC job.
Harbaugh pissed his staff off the way he handled the Viking situation, whether you want to admit it or not. This will linger on with future hires and recruiting.

EDIT: Yeah, this sounds like a healthy situation....

Tom VanHaaren
@TomVH
In a text to some Michigan players, Josh Gattis said, “Unfortunately the past few weeks has told a different story to me about the very little appreciation I have here from administration. In life I would never advise anyone to be where they are not wanted…”

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:13 pm

Likely a Gattis issue, but go ahead and try to shit on Michigan...

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:09 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:13 pm
Uh-huh, because you always take the high road when you talk about MSU. Does the term, "midget cunt" ring a bell?

Besides, last week you said Gattis was a head coach possibility, and now he's the problem?

Seems like other Wolvies realize how serious this might be:

Braylon Edwards: "In comes the domino effect of selfishness and severe miscommunication. First the coaches leave next the players. @UMichFootball is in trouble only 1 month in to the new year…..

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:15 pm

I agree with Honeyman to an extent.

All clearly is not well in Ann Arbor.

That said, Gattis' offensive schema didn't exactly work well his first two years in town. Last year's offense, however, looked a lot more like a traditional U-M offense. The on-field results were certainly improved.

Sounds like Gattis is pissed he wasn't rewarded with a handsome contract extension and pay increase.

So, I think there's a decent chance Gattis would've bolted regardless of Harbaugh's NFL exploratory activity. In terms of "shitting on Michigan," seems to me that's precisely what Gattis did!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:57 pm

Midget Cunt is my favorite death metal band.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:20 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:09 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:13 pm
Uh-huh, because you always take the high road when you talk about MSU. Does the term, "midget cunt" ring a bell?

Besides, last week you said Gattis was a head coach possibility, and now he's the problem?

Seems like other Wolvies realize how serious this might be:

Braylon Edwards: "In comes the domino effect of selfishness and severe miscommunication. First the coaches leave next the players. @UMichFootball is in trouble only 1 month in to the new year…..
Gattis was not an actual candidate to be considered for HC at any point, and that is why he left. I made an educated guess that based on his resume and background that he would be high on the list. There is some stuff out there about what allegedly happened, but it's just conjecture at this point.

Brandon is persona non grata with the program - he's our Antonio Brown. BTW, here's a little trivia for you: what do Antonio Brown and Braylon Edwards have in common?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:23 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:15 pm
I agree with Honeyman to an extent.

All clearly is not well in Ann Arbor.

That said, Gattis' offensive schema didn't exactly work well his first two years in town. Last year's offense, however, looked a lot more like a traditional U-M offense. The on-field results were certainly improved.

Sounds like Gattis is pissed he wasn't rewarded with a handsome contract extension and pay increase.

So, I think there's a decent chance Gattis would've bolted regardless of Harbaugh's NFL exploratory activity. In terms of "shitting on Michigan," seems to me that's precisely what Gattis did!
Harbaugh, Hart, and Moore are probably deserving of the most credit for the offense this last year. Gattis came into his own as a playcaller, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was encouraged to leave. Notice that no current players appear to be upset at the departure...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic