All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms
Thank you!
Thank you!
RIP 89X
-
armchair pd
- Posts: 382
- Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:46 pm
- Location: B.F.E.
Re: RIP 89X
Both stations only mention Windsor in the imaging. They've punted Detroit.
Bleh.
Next.
Bleh.
Next.
Re: RIP 89X
I see someone beat me to it. But 2 presets will be gone from my car once I get out of work 
-
radioandtventhusiast
- Posts: 1466
- Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 pm
- Location: Toledo, OH
Re: RIP 89X
If 88.7 wanted to go country, why not a station similar to the one Austin.
I just don't see this format lasting a few years.
I'll miss the old 93.9 somewhat. I liked the retro lunch and Time Warp.
Also feel bad for every one laid off.
I just don't see this format lasting a few years.
I'll miss the old 93.9 somewhat. I liked the retro lunch and Time Warp.
Also feel bad for every one laid off.
Rock and Roll will keep you young forever.
Bubbles up! -Jimmy Buffett, 1946-2023.
Bubbles up! -Jimmy Buffett, 1946-2023.
-
TomSanders
- Posts: 63
- Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:34 pm
Re: RIP 89X
580 actually had a music director?
[/quote]
I sensed they did, but assumed he / she was somewhere else, like maybe Toronto. The selections for the Sixties At Six hour would now and then have pairs of related, by title or subject, songs. Also heard stuff like the Sgt. Pepper title song on the 50th anniversary of its release (Jun 1 2017).
[/quote]
I sensed they did, but assumed he / she was somewhere else, like maybe Toronto. The selections for the Sixties At Six hour would now and then have pairs of related, by title or subject, songs. Also heard stuff like the Sgt. Pepper title song on the 50th anniversary of its release (Jun 1 2017).
Re: RIP 89X
hey MW or any windsor members of the group, doesn't windsor /essex county ALREADY have country music stations??
-
thatonedude
- Posts: 544
- Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:39 am
Re: RIP 89X
Not even from around there and I can tell you they have plenty...
take this job and shove it
-
radioandtventhusiast
- Posts: 1466
- Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 pm
- Location: Toledo, OH
Re: RIP 89X
I hope Blackburn flips 95.9 to 939's old format, picks up some of the former jocks and readds the Retro Lunch and Time Warp.MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:12 pm I'm surprised 93.9 The River changed; it was getting a 5 share in Essex County. 89X had a paltry 2.3 share.
Will be interesting to see if Blackburn makes any changes. Country seems like a truly awful choice given how many options already exist.
Rock and Roll will keep you young forever.
Bubbles up! -Jimmy Buffett, 1946-2023.
Bubbles up! -Jimmy Buffett, 1946-2023.
-
thatonedude
- Posts: 544
- Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:39 am
RIP 89X
I think if they were to launch a River-type format, they'd probably do it on 95.1/100.7; no way in hell is Cool-FM doing decently over there.
Shit, maybe someone will blow up a station here to launch it /s
Shit, maybe someone will blow up a station here to launch it /s
Last edited by thatonedude on Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
take this job and shove it
-
RadioDork1
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:08 pm
Re: RIP 89X
What was the last song that 93.9 played?
-
thatonedude
- Posts: 544
- Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:39 am
Re: RIP 89X
I posted it, but I'll drop it here again: Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know"
take this job and shove it
Re: RIP 89X
My far left FM preset has been 88.7 from even before 89X or even the The Cutting Edge of Rock but now (much like 99.5) it will be removed only to added again if the station has another format change. RIP 88.7 your dead to me, just like 99.5.
-
non-anon bob
- Posts: 170
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:41 pm
- Location: South Lyon
Re: RIP 89X
Interesting that Virgin 93.9's website homepage has a big Value City Furniture ad at the top, advertising its Michigan Stores, but no mention of any Canadian businesses. I guess CANCON only applies to programming content! 
...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...
...CKLW, the Motor City...