Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fixed...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Fixed...

Post by TC Talks » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:57 pm

audiophile wrote:Somewhere Cruz and Kasich are laughing their you-know-what off.
Except neither would have won the primary. Cruz is the most hated Republican that's currently in office. Kasich just doesn't have enough support.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:59 pm

Turkeytop wrote:Image
I spent a few hours with Michael Moore during the Obama speech last week. He is certain Hillary will lose if she keeps trying to use Logic and Facts. Trump follows (mainly white trash men over 35) don't need these things.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:13 pm

TC Talks wrote:
I spent a few hours with Michael Moore during the Obama speech last week. He is certain Hillary will lose if she keeps trying to use Logic and Facts. Trump follows (mainly white trash men over 35) don't need these things.
No they don't... They need one last gasp of a reality that never existed...

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:45 pm

TC Talks wrote:
The next time a Democrat uses logic and facts will be the first time.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:15 pm

TC Talks wrote: (mainly white trash men over 35)
Hey. You're talking about me now. I resent the insinuation that just because I'm part of the demographic, I might be a Trump admirer. :lol
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:20 pm

TC Talks wrote: (mainly white trash men over 35)
Moore is voting for T Rump?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:49 pm

NS8401 wrote:People like you support the man no matter what garbage he spews... It defies belief.
Heh I guess I missed this. Not true. His early statement about McCain not being a war hero was completely uncalled for and should have sunk his campaign before it ever got started. His attack on Ben Carson's religion and story about how he became a Christian was arguably even worse than his attack on McCain - he basically called Ben Carson a liar, and did so on a subject matter that really should have been off limits. And then there's the time he mocked the disabled reporter and then denied having done such mocking when questioned about it. Those 3 statements/actions are indefensible.

This whole thing with the Khan family is much ado about nothing, IMO, and has been blown way out of proportion by the media. DO Muslim women, in their culture, have freedom of speech and freedom to speak out against a candidate running for a political office? Serious question.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:26 pm

bmw wrote:
NS8401 wrote:People like you support the man no matter what garbage he spews... It defies belief.
Heh I guess I missed this. Not true. His early statement about McCain not being a war hero was completely uncalled for and should have sunk his campaign before it ever got started. His attack on Ben Carson's religion and story about how he became a Christian was arguably even worse than his attack on McCain - he basically called Ben Carson a liar, and did so on a subject matter that really should have been off limits. And then there's the time he mocked the disabled reporter and then denied having done such mocking when questioned about it. Those 3 statements/actions are indefensible.

This whole thing with the Khan family is much ado about nothing, IMO, and has been blown way out of proportion by the media. DO Muslim women, in their culture, have freedom of speech and freedom to speak out against a candidate running for a political office? Serious question.
We aren't exactly talking about the Muslim world (read Middle East) though... Muslims in America are a bit different and largely more liberal than their compatriots in say Saudi Arabia...

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:18 am

Sure, but is it completely irrational to think that maybe the reason a Muslim woman did not speak in public is because her culture would not permit her to do so? Trump should have kept those thoughts to himself, but that's not exactly a far reach to make such an assumption.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:38 am

bmw wrote:Sure, but is it completely irrational to think that maybe the reason a Muslim woman did not speak in public is because her culture would not permit her to do so? Trump should have kept those thoughts to himself, but that's not exactly a far reach to make such an assumption.
Considering folks are coming out of the woodwork to correct him on that perhaps it's not that simple...

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:20 am

NS8401 wrote:...folks are coming out of the woodwork to correct him on that...
But that's the whole point! Why are so many people so hyper-politically correct about not daring to offend Muslims? I genuinely don't get it.

You know, there is a big difference between simply being ignorant on an issue and having ill-will towards a group of people. At worst, Trump's opinion of Muslims falls into the first category, but he is being heavily portrayed as falling in the latter.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:25 pm

bmw wrote:
NS8401 wrote:...folks are coming out of the woodwork to correct him on that...
But that's the whole point! Why are so many people so hyper-politically correct about not daring to offend Muslims? I genuinely don't get it.

You know, there is a big difference between simply being ignorant on an issue and having ill-will towards a group of people. At worst, Trump's opinion of Muslims falls into the first category, but he is being heavily portrayed as falling in the latter.
He crossed the line from simple ignorance to outright insanity long ago... You don't get to uncross it...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:58 pm

There is a fine line between genius and insanity. Trump has never been anywhere near that line.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:33 pm

Turkeytop wrote:There is a fine line between genius and insanity. Trump has never been anywhere near that line.
Point taken though that's a line he crossed by simply existing I think...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:17 pm

NS8401 wrote:Point taken though that's a line he crossed by simply existing I think...
Trump never had to cross any line. He's always been on the extreme, far side of the line. Never been near anything approaching genius.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic