Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Now that news is coming back to CBS 62

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

Now that news is coming back to CBS 62

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:23 pm

How will their schedule change? It’s safe to say shows like Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz, and even Family Feud will all move. I say Family Feud will move to 3 and 3:30 pm and Dr. Phil moves to 4 or 7 pm. I think Nick Cannon show either goes to CW 50 or to Fox 2. I say Nick goes to Fox 2 to replace Judge Judy next year.

Also, I think this is going to be a major changer in Detroit News. If done right, it’s going to force the other stations, mainly Fox 2 or Ch 7, to change. Told you CBS is going all the way in.

CBS 62 is definitely going to be more of a news station, and all the sitcoms and cast off programs will be demoted to CW 50. Also, CW 50 News at 10, broadcast out of Dallas Texas, will be done by this time next year. It will be rebranded CBS News Detroit at 10, on CW 50,

Rate This

Re: Now that news is coming back to CBS 62

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:23 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:23 pm
How will their schedule change? It’s safe to say shows like Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz, and even Family Feud will all move. I say Family Feud will move to 3 and 3:30 pm and Dr. Phil moves to 4 or 7 pm. I think Nick Cannon show either goes to CW 50 or to Fox 2. I say Nick goes to Fox 2 to replace Judge Judy next year.

Also, I think this is going to be a major changer in Detroit News. If done right, it’s going to force the other stations, mainly Fox 2 or Ch 7, to change. Told you CBS is going all the way in.

CBS 62 is definitely going to be more of a news station, and all the sitcoms and cast off programs will be demoted to CW 50. Also, CW 50 News at 10, broadcast out of Dallas Texas, will be done by this time next year. It will be rebranded CBS News Detroit at 10, on CW 50,
If they do it the way they said in the press release it’s DOA and the other 3 won’t give a rats ass about it.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:42 pm

I wonder where they are going to find all of the MMJs to make this happen. It will be interesting to see them build a newsroom in time to reap the political money from the upcoming governor's race and the house seats that will be in play due to redistricting.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:45 am

The only way I see them being Successful is on a digital platform. Sounds like they are trying to emulate some Facebook groups that already exist into a time slot on tv and that will fail miserably. Which is why I only see CBS 62 doing alright on social media.
If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:06 am

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:45 am
The only way I see them being Successful is on a digital platform. Sounds like they are trying to emulate some Facebook groups that already exist into a time slot on tv and that will fail miserably. Which is why I only see CBS 62 doing alright on social media.
I think they can do alright on TV. At the same time, I think them going digital is what’s going to bring in money.

Deleted User 15716

Post by Deleted User 15716 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:28 am

Y'all talk about who's in front of the camera will make or break the success of this venture. I ponder how it will be produced. What percentage will be local stories?

Or will content be mostly everywhere but Detroit? What's happening in Washington, followed by celebrity news followed by promos for CBS shows. If that's what the producers decide, I think like Rate says, 2 4 and 7 can rest easy.

SBaxley

Post by SBaxley » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:36 am

From what the teaser that got quickly bounced off from viemo showed , there will be reports from all over Detroit, A2,Lansing,

Deleted User 15716

Post by Deleted User 15716 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:25 pm

SBaxley wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:36 am
From what the teaser that got quickly bounced off from viemo showed , there will be reports from all over Detroit, A2,Lansing,
Yeah, yeah yeah. Like "Local First" stations that lead with something off a satellite more often than they do local news. It's fine to talk that talk until the AP's have to do a little work.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:03 pm

They are hiring local people for this news department. They are covering metro Detroit and everything is going to be done from CBS 62. This is absolutely nothing like CW 50 News at 10!
Last edited by Deleted User 7620 on Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:06 pm

Joie Vivre wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:25 pm
SBaxley wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:36 am
Yeah, yeah yeah. Like "Local First" stations that lead with something off a satellite more often than they do local news. It's fine to talk that talk until the AP's have to do a little work.
The fact that they are building a whole new news department proves that this is far different.

Deleted User 15716

Post by Deleted User 15716 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:58 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:03 pm
They are hiring local people for this news department. They are covering metro Detroit and everything is going to be done from CBS 62. This is absolutely nothing like CW 50 News at 10!
I may not be making it clear what I'm saying. And I apologize for that.
Yes, it will be local anchors and local producers in a local studio. Like we have already on Nine Mile, 10 Mile and Lafayette. Does that mean it's going to be local news? Or about as local as we have now? Sure they are saying they are going to cover Metro Detroit. And like the others, they'll have a crew or a MMJ or two wondering around most days. Like the others.

But how long before the AD's get a little lazy, decide not to write today, and go to the satellite for a TMZ style story, or the latest from Washington, or the top 10 list of favorite Valentine treats? Or a story about Irritable Bowel Syndrome while people are trying to eat eat breakfast at 7:25 in the morning. Like the others. Once that starts, well just sayin'.

SBaxley

Post by SBaxley » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:01 pm

Lets just see [and thanks to the fact that what was named CBSN.com will still stream and be on plutoTV] we'll get to see CBSNEWS Detroit and decide for itself

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:46 am

It will be an epic fail 2, 4 & 7 have nothing to worry about as Rate said. And I also think that those that watch the news are set in their ways as well just my opinion.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:12 am

It will be different: they’re on 11 mile.

Aside from that….. will see how this goes. CBS for the last 28 years has not had a Local Detroit News department. Why? Good question.

Do we need it as the consumers? Hard to say but for them to make this from scratch now…. Maybe they’re finding that void needed a fill’in after this long.

The days of Amyre Maykupson (TV50-news) have gone as they were a powerhouse in the day.

This thing that was CW50 News at 10 was an awful awful insult if you really watched it. You could tell they weren’t from here and no amount of Green Screen backdrops made it better.

For what it’s worth the few times I tried to watch it…. My finger slipped on the remote and I went elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:40 am

MasterB wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:46 am
It will be an epic fail 2, 4 & 7 have nothing to worry about as Rate said. And I also think that those that watch the news are set in their ways as well just my opinion.
We cancel that!! It will be a success. I think some want it to fail but I think many are in for a rude awakening. CBS is on a mission and are about to make a profound, positive impact on our community through its newscasts. 2,4, and 7 being set in their ways are going to be their undoing!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic