Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A question of choices

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 24

A question of choices

Post by Deleted User 24 » Thu May 07, 2020 8:47 pm

What do you think is the single most important choice a person can make? I'm not trying to trick or trap anyone; this is a serious question.
Last edited by Deleted User 24 on Thu May 07, 2020 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bryce

Re: A question of choices

Post by Bryce » Thu May 07, 2020 8:51 pm

How you raise your children. Hands down.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu May 07, 2020 8:53 pm

Choosing the right mate for life.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 07, 2020 8:55 pm

Getting out of bed to face another day.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Fri May 08, 2020 2:47 pm

I agree 100 percent with our Canadian friend. The best thing I ever did was marry my wife.

If you choose the right spouse/partner, it's a giant step toward a lifetime of happiness. Ask somebody who picked the wrong partner what it did for them.

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Fri May 08, 2020 3:17 pm

Deciding to have kids or not by a millimeter.

It's an extremely close call for me between spouse/partner and the decision to have children.

A marriage can be dissolved with the agreement of both parties. Once you become a parent, that is a forever choice whether or not you remain their legal guardian or not.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri May 08, 2020 4:11 pm

Some say that one's sexual orientation is a choice. I wasn't given that choice. I was born straight and I knew it. I didn't require any kind of counselling to determine that.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri May 08, 2020 7:24 pm

I would for sure agree with Vic and Turk. I got married for the first time late in life, I was 45. But everyday I am thankful. Even thru this shit...we have yet to drive each other nuts. And I know that I got the best part of this bargain.
The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sun May 10, 2020 1:17 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:17 pm
Deciding to have kids or not by a millimeter.

It's an extremely close call for me between spouse/partner and the decision to have children.

A marriage can be dissolved with the agreement of both parties. Once you become a parent, that is a forever choice whether or not you remain their legal guardian or not.
That's an interesting point of view and one I hadn't considered, which is odd because we chose do remain childless.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic