Please accept my apologizes for usability disruption caused by a difficult software update that began October 14. During the evening of October 16, a failed attempt to deploy a phpBB extension (i.e. feature add-on) caused the site to crash. This necessitated restoration of the site and of the database using backup copies that were approximately 36 hours old. As a result, many posts from October 15 and October 16 have been lost.

New Feature - you can edit Board Preferences --> Global Settings within your User Control Panel to increase the Buzzboard's font size on your PC, mobile device, or both! You can access your User Control Panel upon login or by visiting this link:
https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php

Is anyone experiencing bizarre error messages when trying to use the mibuzzboard.com URL directly? If so, please report the issue here:
https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... hp?t=65151

Thanks a ton for your patience! Click the "X" in the upper right corner of this box to conceal this message.

-M.W.

Your Clock May Not Be Accurate

The place to chat about audio/video devices & software, mobile phones & mobile plans, computer hardware & software, and other electronic gadgets.
Ben Zonia

Re: Your Clock May Not Be Accurate

Post by Ben Zonia »

These are for sale on Amazon. Buy one and take it to wake up in your hotel. They're really loud according to the description. Sha la la.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown
Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop »

Thanks for the friendly advice, everyone. But clearly you haven't been reading my postings.
Turkeytop wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:26 pm
I have no need for a clock radio. But I do need a radio. I don't watch TV. Hotel radios are never any good so I've always carried a good radio with me wherever I travel. Now, I also carry a clock with me. When I wake up in a dark room, I like to look at the clock to see the time.
I'm a self reliant kind of guy. I already carry along what I need.

BTW, I don't need an alarm clock or any other kind of device to wake me up and I don't shop Amazon
paul8539

Post by paul8539 »

I have been at several motels that have cheap alarm clocks in the rooms. Cheap enough that nobody would want to steal, and if they did they are cheap enough to replace.
Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop »

They don't replace them A focus group had told them a clock in the room mskes it look embarassingly out of date.
Last edited by Turkeytop on Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
km1125

Post by km1125 »

Ben Zonia wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:13 pm Other sources besides WWVB that are within a small fraction of a second.

WWV on 2.5, 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25 MHz.
CHU on 3.33, 7.85, and 14.67 MHz.
Clocks on your computer.
Clocks on OnStar and similar services, on car radios.
Cell phones.
Not sure I'd rely on a clock on a computer unless you knew it was setup to poll a reliable time server somewhere.

And I have two "smart" TV sets that randomly show up with weird times. They're supposed to automatically update time whenever they're turned on and every once in a while I'll notice weird guide info (saying, for example, that Jeopardy should be on when the local news is showing) and I go into the time setting and see the time is off by a few hours. It might randomly correct itself, or I might have to go into settings and toggle the "set time automatically" tab to fix it.

I guess they're not that smart.

And most cell phones also have a setting where they can sync to 'network' time or it can be disabled. That might cause the phone to eventually be out of sync with the real local time.
Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop »

I have three radio controlled clocks in the house and now, every one of them is out of sync.