Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 29 at 11:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Amir Locke was ‘executed’ by Minneapolis police during no-knock raid

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Amir Locke was ‘executed’ by Minneapolis police during no-knock raid

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:34 pm

It's impossible to define this as anything but first degree murder. Does Minnesota have the death penalty?

This particular department needs to be dismantled.
They said Locke was legally armed when police executed a no-knock warrant inside a downtown Minneapolis apartment where their son was lying on a couch. Andre Locke said his son reacted as “any reasonable law-abiding citizen would do to protect themself” and “never had a chance” to respond to officers before shots were fired.

“A mother should never have to see her child executed in that type of way,” Wells said, describing her son’s death as an “execution.”

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craig11152

Re: Amir Locke was ‘executed’ by Minneapolis police during no-knock raid

Post by craig11152 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:00 pm

No knock warrants are problematic but I assume legal in Minnesota.
I suppose sleeping with a gun is legal too. When the perfect storm happens it's not murder.
I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:55 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:00 pm
I suppose sleeping with a gun is legal too. When the perfect storm happens it's not murder.
Anyone entering a home illegally and shooting its occupant is murder. Those police had no legal reason to be in his apartment. It wasn't a perfect storm it was reckless disregard.
― Matt

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:40 pm

Perhaps I am confused. Are you saying they in fact did NOT have a warrant issued by a judge?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:01 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:40 pm
Perhaps I am confused. Are you saying they in fact did NOT have a warrant issued by a judge?
As I understand it, Mr. Locke wasn't the individual named in the search warrant. Mr. Locke also carried a gun permit.
Piggies done fucked up (again)

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:10 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:01 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:40 pm
As I understand it, Mr. Locke wasn't the individual named in the search warrant. Mr. Locke also carried a gun permit.
So there was a search warrant but they were at the wrong address?
A search warrant is about an address. An arrest warrant is about an individual.
Did they have a search warrant?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:25 pm

It's clear the police are not capable of entering a home without killing those inside. Minneapolis just ended no knock warrants. Now they need to end the SWAT division and start behaving like humans serving humans. Someone will go to jail for this...
"Today, it was reported that the search warrant used to enter the residence where Amir was staying was changed from a ‘knock’ warrant to a ‘no-knock’ warrant at the insistence of the Minneapolis police," the statement read. "This inexplicable, yet deliberate choice needlessly ended Amir’s life. It’s past time that the Minneapolis PD be transparent and accountable to Amir’s family and the community that they are sworn to protect. No-knock raids at the hands of law enforcement continue to take the lives of innocent Black people. We ask that just as people raised their voices for Breonna Taylor, they do the same for Amir Locke. Enough is enough.”

In a previous statement on Thursday, Crump decried law enforcement use of no-knock warrants.

“Like the case of Breonna Taylor, the tragic killing of Amir Locke shows a pattern of no-knock warrants having deadly consequences for Black Americans," Crump said. "This is yet another example of why we need to put an end to these kinds of search warrants so that one day, Black Americans will be able to sleep safely in their beds at night. We will continue pushing for answers in this case so that Amir’s grieving family can get the closure they deserve.”
― Matt

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:41 pm

Do we know -anything- about why a no-knock warrant was requested or granted?? Until THAT question is answered, nothing else matters. It would be hard to believe that these would be issued for anything but very serious crimes, but I could be wrong on that. Who was the legal resident of the apartment?

Anytime the Ghetto Lottery Commissioner Ben Crump says something, I always take it with a grain of salt.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:44 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:41 pm
Anytime the Ghetto Lottery Commissioner Ben Crump says something, I always take it with a grain of salt.
Racist much you exurb trash?

SWAT insisted, St Paul Police didn't see the need for a no knock warrant.
― Matt

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:58 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:44 pm
km1125 wrote:

Although I have no idea what the insult is supposed to mean… Ben Crump is a race baiter. Whenever something like this happens he’s there like the reporter scene in Airplane! where they all run into the phone booths at once and knock it over.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:39 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:44 pm
km1125 wrote:

It was Minneapolis and not St. Paul. I watch Live on Patrol which is the Ramsey County Sheriff department each Friday night on YouTube. St. Paul PD and Ramsey County Sheriff's office have not conducted a no knock warranty in five years. As we have seen repeatedly, Minneapolis PD plays by their own rules.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:31 am

A good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun.
This good guy was shot because he legally had a gun. Please explain how that made him any safer
craig11152 wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:00 pm
Please read about this situation and answer me - Are you comfortable with this? It may not be "murder" but it certainly isn't acceptable.

Another incident where a no knock warrant lead to a black person's death because someone legally owned a gun. (See Taylor, Brianna)

The most damning part of this story is that St. Paul police (according to press reports) did not ask for a no knock situation, but the Minn PD insisted.

I can't see how busting into someone's home like this meets 4th Amendment restrictions in the first place. But how can anyone say "owning a gun makes me safer" when they read stories like this.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:56 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:31 am
A good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun.
This good guy was shot because he legally had a gun. Please explain how that made him any safer

...how can anyone say "owning a gun makes me safer" when they read stories like this.
You can't use an anecdotal story like this one to categorically claim that owning a gun doesn't make you safer. Good guys with guns (with the cavaet of those good guys being adequately trained on how to use their gun) stop crimes ALL THE TIME; you just don't hear about most of them. I suggest you check out "Active Self Protection" channel on youtube.
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:01 pm
Likewise, you can't use the existence of some bad apples in the force to categorically refer to police as a group as "piggies." Your use of that word makes you as much of a bigot as would anybody be deemed a racist for calling all black people by the N-word every time a black person burns, riots, loots, or shoots people.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:08 am

You can't use an anecdotal story like this one to categorically claim that owning a gun doesn't make you safer.
I don't believe I "categorically" claimed anything. I'm asking questions. You've offered one answer and I will look at the channel you suggest. However, you also suggest that just being a good guy with a gun is not enough. Should training be required before you qualify to own one?

But more than that, the stories are piling up, anecdotal or not. Black people who legally own guns are being shot by police, even if they don't fire them. White people who legally own guns are going on shooting sprees and walking away with their lives. Please explain.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:14 am

...how can anyone say "owning a gun makes me safer" when they read stories like this.
Punctuation is important. Given the context of everything you had said immediately prior to this final sentence, and further given that you ended it with a period as opposed to a question mark. I interpreted that as a statement (or rhetorical question) on your part as opposed to a question and responded as such.
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:08 am
you also suggest that just being a good guy with a gun is not enough. Should training be required before you qualify to own one?
"Required"? No. I believe such a requirement would violate the 2nd Amendment. You have the right to "Keep and bear arms." That means that mere possession is a right, as is bearing your arm. Nowhere are either of those rights contingent on training. This would be akin to asking me if I believe sensitivity training should be required before I can exercise my First Amendment right to free speech.
But more than that, the stories are piling up, anecdotal or not. Black people who legally own guns are being shot by police, even if they don't fire them. White people who legally own guns are going on shooting sprees and walking away with their lives. Please explain.
You're asking about a very small percentage of total gun crimes. The stories are "piling up" because literally every single time what you describe occurs, the media gives it full coverage. In fact, these stories get WAY, WAY, WAY disproportionately over-covered relative to other instances of gun use. It's not even close.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic