Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kamala Harris is not African-American

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Re: Kamala Harris is not African-American

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:47 pm

She is descended from Africans who were taken to Jamaica as slaves. Just as most people who are referred to mas African American have never been to Africa.

I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:59 pm

From the article you posted.
VERDICT
Missing context. The claims that Kamala Harris is a “cop” and that her “family owned slaves in Jamaica” are both missing essential context.
This article was produced by the Reuters Fact Check team. Read more about our work to fact-check social media posts  here  . 
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:28 pm

The term "African American" is fucking stupid. As is "Asian American" or "Mexican American" or any other variation thereof.

You are either an "American", or you aren't.
Thread Killer

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:33 pm

Every year on St Patrick Day, there are Irish Americans coming out of the woodwork.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:21 pm

I have a friend that is South African immigrant and is as white as snow.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:26 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:21 pm
I have a friend that is South African immigrant and is as white as snow.
Right, that's colonization for ya.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:28 pm

And people who live in Jamaica don't have any possibility of having African ancestry despite living next to a busy trade route? Yeah, right.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:38 pm

It's meaningless if you were born in the US. She is a mutt like the rest of us.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:44 pm

So Kamala doesn't pass the racial purity test. That won't prevent Donald Trump from naming her Aunt Jemima.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:39 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:13 pm
She’s Indian-Jamaican, but the dumb Dems call her African-American because it somehow fits the narrative.

Besides, her Jamaican roots would mean she’s more into raggae than rap. Bobsledding than bee boppin. Usain Bolt than Ice T.
You’re an idiot.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:43 pm

Until they pointed it out, I wouldn't have even known Kamala Harris was African American, based on appearance. Some estimates claim that BHO is only 16% African American genetically speaking, and Kamala looks "whiter" than he does. She is not as dark complexion than either African Americans or Asian Indians. In the past, African Americans would have said she was "trying to pass" for White, among some other derogatory names African Americans used to use on each other, that one dares not say today. None of these are the N-word. But it is her politics, not her heritage, that is the big problem.
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:46 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:43 pm
Until they pointed it out, I wouldn't have even known Kamala Harris was African American, based on appearance. Some estimates claim that BHO is only 16% African American, and Kamala looks "whiter" than he does. She is not as dark complexion than either African Americans or Asian Indians. It is her politics, not her heritage, that is the big problem.
But, she's probably more "African" than Elizabeth Warren is American Indian.

Didn't you know? This is the age of "self identifying".
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:33 pm

Most of y'all probably know this already.
Elizabeth Warren has zero Native American ancestors. Nothing in her family tree, going back as far as possible.
As you know this is done by checking DNA.

Her claim to Native American fame was a marker in her blood that Native Americans also have. That's it.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:18 pm

African American.

Harris is an American who has a black African bloodline. “One drop” in the USA - as with President Obama - and you are forever seen as African American.

Does not matter what else is in your bloodline. In the USA if you are known to have black African blood - or even if your skin color is slightly black African looking - you are seen and discriminated against as a black African American.

Believe me - both president Obama and Senator Kamala Harris know what it feels like to be an African American born and raised in the USA.

And all of those formative years of that difficult experience - for certain - makes them as African American as any other black man or woman living in America.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:00 am

LL101 - Fattened girly girl.
Life is your sex shed. Welcoming the world.
Licking rims with relish. Sniffing, sucking, sick.
No time for reason. All your fancies? Prick.
When did you transfer reality to dreams? One constant harp of yours - rejected. Extreme!
Poor fetid LL. Brain - a head of whip. Lashing. Trashing thoughts but yours.

Pucker up.

Now zip.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic