Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Governor Whitmer strengthens Executive Order on masks

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Governor Whitmer strengthens Executive Order on masks

Post by audiophile » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:58 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:51 pm
Went out to dinner at restaurant/bar in downtown Plymouth last night. The dining area had tables spaced a bit more than six feet apart. But, the bar area was packed with people mingling about, shoulder to shoulder and not one person was wearing a mask. If one person there was infected, it could have easily passed on to a dozen or more.

Kind of a shame.
True.

I thought she closed the bars? Or is this another one of the loopholes?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:01 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:58 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:51 pm
Went out to dinner at restaurant/bar in downtown Plymouth last night. The dining area had tables spaced a bit more than six feet apart. But, the bar area was packed with people mingling about, shoulder to shoulder and not one person was wearing a mask. If one person there was infected, it could have easily passed on to a dozen or more.

Kind of a shame.
True.

I thought she closed the bars? Or is this another one of the loopholes?
An establishment that has a certain percentage of food sales is considered a restaurant.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

G G

Post by G G » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:07 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:50 pm
audiophile wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:09 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:40 pm
audiophile wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:31 am
Why should they come up with a bill? They offered to form a committee and governor just unscrupulously published their offer and illegally re-issued her own EO.
If you are one of those people whining about your loss of liberty because you have to wear a mask, but you're saying nothing about federal agents in unmarked uniforms snatching up citizens exercising their First Amendment rights to protest, then you don't have a clue what "liberty" really means. To you, it's just a synonym for "I don't want to do what I don't want to do."
You are not paying attention. I have NEVER complained about wearing a mask, in fact I wear a P100 mask, but that's where her EO's should end.

She doesn't have the authority to close businesses for months at a time, without compensation.

Police have the right to question and detain you if there is probable cause or reasonable suspicion, and especially if they are investigating a crime. I have no idea if an investigation is taking place, and neither do you. Better brush up on the law: https://www.minicklaw.com/long-can-police-detain/

What's worse siting in the back of squad car for an hour, one time, or your business being closed since March 13?

PS Based on your flawed logic, didn't they break the stay at home order/social distancing/mask laws you are indicate you are so concerned about in this thread?
Free, democratic nations do not use secret police to snatch their citizens off the street and detain them without warrants or probable cause.

Fuck off and die, you bible-humping psychopath.
Once again, we see the true face of the liberal. When confronted with holes in his logic, he wishes death on those wiser than he. This sick cretin is a prime example of why these people should never win another election. They are ruled by emotion, rather than fact.

The liberal is simply not smart enough to live without big daddy government holding his hand, therefore, he wants to hamstring the rest of us. They want the future of Harrison Bergeron

http://www.tnellen.com/cybereng/harrison.html

Don't let these hateful varmint win.
Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:12 pm

G G wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:07 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Why should they come up with a bill? They offered to form a committee and governor just unscrupulously published their offer and illegally re-issued her own EO.
If you are one of those people whining about your loss of liberty because you have to wear a mask, but you're saying nothing about federal agents in unmarked uniforms snatching up citizens exercising their First Amendment rights to protest, then you don't have a clue what "liberty" really means. To you, it's just a synonym for "I don't want to do what I don't want to do."
You are not paying attention. I have NEVER complained about wearing a mask, in fact I wear a P100 mask, but that's where her EO's should end.

She doesn't have the authority to close businesses for months at a time, without compensation.

Police have the right to question and detain you if there is probable cause or reasonable suspicion, and especially if they are investigating a crime. I have no idea if an investigation is taking place, and neither do you. Better brush up on the law: https://www.minicklaw.com/long-can-police-detain/

What's worse siting in the back of squad car for an hour, one time, or your business being closed since March 13?

PS Based on your flawed logic, didn't they break the stay at home order/social distancing/mask laws you are indicate you are so concerned about in this thread?
Free, democratic nations do not use secret police to snatch their citizens off the street and detain them without warrants or probable cause.

Once again, we see the true face of the liberal. When confronted with holes in his logic, he wishes death on those wiser than he. This sick cretin is a prime example of why these people should never win another election. They are ruled by emotion, rather than fact.

The liberal is simply not smart enough to live without big daddy government holding his hand, therefore, he wants to hamstring the rest of us. They want the future of Harrison Bergeron

You nailed it.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:25 pm

G G wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
audiophile wrote:

That goes double for you, asshole.

G G

Post by G G » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:30 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:25 pm
G G wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
audiophile wrote:

Stay mad, red man. You would rather see people you disagree with dead than engage them where you disagree. This is the classic sign of liberal inferiority. One of these days you are going to thank people like audiophile and I for speaking truths that are hard to swallow rather than easy to indulge lies.

When you wish ill on people who have different opinions rather than educate them where they are incorrect, you aren't worthy of the liberty that comes with being an American. Please see yourself and your intellectual laziness out, son.
Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:42 pm

G G wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:30 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:
G G wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
audiophile wrote:

Stay mad, red man. You would rather see people you disagree with dead than engage them where you disagree. This is the classic sign of liberal inferiority. One of these days you are going to thank people like audiophile and I for speaking truths that are hard to swallow rather than easy to indulge lies.

When you wish ill on people who have different opinions rather than educate them where they are incorrect, you aren't worthy of the liberty that comes with being an American. Please see yourself and your intellectual laziness out, son.
That’s okay GG, Vic is the Buzzboard asshole. If he doesn’t agree with you, he pouts and whines like a 6 year old girl who couldn’t get that lollipop.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:10 pm

G G wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
G G wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
audiophile wrote:

Go crawl in the coffin with your ol' pal Matty Maroun.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:12 pm

Lucky615 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:42 pm
G G wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
G G wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
audiophile wrote:

That’s okay GG, Vic is the Buzzboard asshole. If he doesn’t agree with you, he pouts and whines like a 6 year old girl who couldn’t get that lollipop.
How many identities have you had on this board, you ignorant sack of cowshit?

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:20 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:12 pm
Lucky615 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:42 pm
G G wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
G G wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
audiophile wrote:

How many identities have you had on this board, you ignorant sack of cowshit?
Coming from a guy who puts notes on windshields of cars parked illegally in handicap spaces. A guy who can’t confront the person directly. What a pussy.

G G

Post by G G » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:49 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:10 pm
G G wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
G G wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
audiophile wrote:

I see you've been spying on me, since you know that I am a family friend of the Marouns. Did you see the donation posted in my name, too? I got a thank you note for it.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:26 pm

G G wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:49 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:10 pm
G G wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
G G wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
audiophile wrote:

I see you've been spying on me, since you know that I am a family friend of the Marouns. Did you see the donation posted in my name, too? I got a thank you note for it.
“Go crawl in the coffin with your ol’ pal Matty Maroun” proof of child like mentality. Well said Vic. You still can’t get that lollipop.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:14 pm

audiophile wrote:
Vic Doucette wrote:
audiophile wrote:

This is describing being detained on the side of the road with a cop telling you “you’re being detained”... that’s not what is happening in Portland.

Unmarked federal officers in fatigues grabbed them... tossed them in an unmarked van, put something over their heads, told them to keep their hands up high and drove them to the courthouse then put them in a holding cell and then informed them they were under arrest and here’s your Miranda rights would you like to talk? When the person said no and a search revealed nothing on them they were released. That scenario takes a blow torch to the 4th amendment.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:18 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:56 pm
Yo Vic!

Probable cause? These people were self described anarchists. They are proud of the label. They want to form a new government. Their words, not mine. That's a federal crime punishable by 20 years in prison.
That’s why they were released after being whisked away and read their rights... you’re not going to find an actual legal justification for that procedure because there isn’t one. Taking somebody away in an unmarked van with their hat pulled over their head and arms up in the air at gun point getting them to the court house and into a holding cell and then dealing with their rights is not what we do in the United States. It’s not legal. It violates the 4th amendment quite clearly. And they had the wrong people to boot! So they denied they ever had the guy. :lol

This is political theater from DHS and the Trump Administration. If I was Oregon I would be strongly considering the possibility of state police or my national guard troops getting into it by force with the DHS folks if They are seen doing this. Oregon would be well within its rights to do so.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:28 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:18 pm

That’s why they were released after being whisked away and read their rights... you’re not going to find an actual legal justification for that procedure because there isn’t one. Taking somebody away in an unmarked van with their hat pulled over their head and arms up in the air at gun point getting them to the court house and into a holding cell and then dealing with their rights is not what we do in the United States. It’s not legal. It violates the 4th amendment quite clearly. And they had the wrong people to boot! So they denied they ever had the guy. :lol

This is political theater from DHS and the Trump Administration. If I was Oregon I would be strongly considering the possibility of state police or my national guard troops getting into it by force with the DHS folks if They are seen doing this. Oregon would be well within its rights to do so.
Tell that to the people vacationing at Club Gitmo. You know, the place that Obama made a campaign promise that he was going to close.

Since 2001, if someone is labeled or suspected of terrorism, the rules you cite don't apply anymore.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic