Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Just another f-off Friday at 25-66

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
lovinlife101

Re: Just another f-off Friday at 25-66

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:39 pm

Lame.

Managers should find out what employees like and do that. For some reason, it believes everyone enjoys what it enjoys.

You’re being insulted. Your managers are out of touch and in fear for their jobs.

There are no other options for you but to leave, which will automatically mean higher pay, better morale, and fewer complaints.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:43 pm

Sinklair, you’re in an abusive work relationship.

You get emotionally beat up daily, but keep going back.

The latest F-Off Friday parade illustrates that. While they were setting off confetti cannons in your face, beating their tambourines, and being basically a-holes, you were dying inside. You say you desire something else, but keep getting disappointed.

Every time you get beat up and people tell you to leave you’re all like, “But he loves me! I’m the one that makes him angry! Nobody else will love me!”

It’s time. Sever this relationship for your own sanity.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:44 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:34 pm
Hey Beer, you sound like one of the managers at 25-66 who likes to make excuses instead of taking responsibility for the decisions that have made the station the bottom feeder in the market.

And Lovin sounds like Mark T.

You see, we can play this game all day long.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... e72di5phM0

If, as you say I’m in an “abusive” work relationship, then I would suggest you stop piling on the person you say is the victim and start addressing the real problems at .25-66. Like I said, many of my coworkers work hard in very difficult circumstances to put on the best newscasts and stories we can with one —sometimes both — hands tied behind our backs.

I would love to have time for lunch. We’re “required” to mark down that we took a lunch. Another issue that’s been brought to management’s attention that essentially we’re forced to work off the clock and not get paid — only to be told that it’s our fault that we’re not working fast enough.

Contrary to Beer who lives to blame others, I don’t dislike fun. But I take pride in my work and believe managers have a responsibility to support workers and give them the resources to do their best work. Not the Sinclair model if just blaming workers for bad decisions like conservative commentaries, lame rebranding gimmicks, and so on.
I’m doing everything but blaming the victim.

When you’re getting hit, RUN!!! GET HELP!!!

Oh, and there’s a solution for being told to lie about taking a break when you’re actually working: SUE THEM ALL STEEEEEEEEEERAIGHT TO HELL!!!

Have Leslie Toldo do it. She’s experienced in suing a TV station. She sued ABC12 for treating black men better than her. Sinclair doesn’t have that issue. Nobody to treat better.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:04 pm

Beerbong wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:19 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:43 pm

The latest F-Off Friday parade illustrates that. While they were setting off confetti cannons in your face, beating their tambourines, and being basically a-holes, you were dying inside. You say you desire something else, but keep getting disappointed.

Every time you get beat up and people tell you to leave you’re all like, “But he loves me! I’m the one that makes him angry! Nobody else will love me!”

Just because Sin doesn’t like fun activities at work, doesn’t make people who do assholes.
Let’s call a spade a spade. Anyone who participates in a parade at work is an a-hole and a practicing homosexual.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:23 pm

Beerbong wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:56 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:04 pm
Beerbong wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:

Just because Sin doesn’t like fun activities at work, doesn’t make people who do assholes.
Let’s call a spade a spade. Anyone who participates in a parade at work is an a-hole and a practicing homosexual.
How do you respond to that logic?
Name one person who has ever been in a parade and acted straight. I rest my case.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:45 pm

Beerbong wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:31 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:23 pm
Beerbong wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:56 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:04 pm
Beerbong wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:

How do you respond to that logic?
Name one person who has ever been in a parade and acted straight. I rest my case.
Instead of resting your case, get back on your meds.
My meds? Like conversion therapy? That’s been outlawed!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:31 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:24 pm
Audio: quitting also results in a breach of contract where the GM and Sinclair Legal going after the employee for liquidated damages and enforcing the non-compete. There needs to be significant changes that evens out the work relationship preventing these type of contracts that prevent employers from leveling thousands of dollars of fines and then preventing employees from seeking unrestricted new employment. Other states ban this activity. Now it’s time for Michigan to do the same.
Why?!

Why would anyone sign anything that forces them to PAY THEIR EMPLOYER to leave?

That makes no sense!!!

Slavery has been outlawed!

You don’t have to pay for your emancipation!!!

Is this 1860?

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:41 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:24 pm
Audio: quitting also results in a breach of contract where the GM and Sinclair Legal going after the employee for liquidated damages and enforcing the non-compete. There needs to be significant changes that evens out the work relationship preventing these type of contracts that prevent employers from leveling thousands of dollars of fines and then preventing employees from seeking unrestricted new employment. Other states ban this activity. Now it’s time for Michigan to do the same.
You signed a bad deal.

What made you think a place that forces you to pay to leave would be a good place to work? If it was so great, who would ever leave? They anticipate people leaving, because they suck, that’s why they screw you coming AND going!

I just can’t believe why Dave Blondie would PAY AN AGENT to find him the worst station in history, that forces people to pay to leave, and the best and worst employee gets a 1.5% raise every year.

It’s like hiring a real estate agent to find you a house that’s falling down, in the worst neighborhood, with the highest taxes. You can find that yourself! The agent sucks. The station sucks. But they’re both making out better than Dave Blondie.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:22 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:19 pm
Ask any of the local News Directors if they would let that fly. Then ask the HR Directors. Then the GMs. Then the corporate lawyers. I’d give you the GM’s bonus if there were even one person that would agree to allowing a new employee to simply cross off the non-compete or damages clauses.
Every employee signs this?

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:05 am

sinklair wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:31 pm
Yes, all contracted employees sign the “boiler plate” contract that includes these provisions. If you ask for the non-compete or damages clauses to be excluded, you’re told (essentially) take it or they’ll withdraw the offer and sign the next sucker in line. It’s not a fair fight. And those in charge (the GMs) who could make the exception have no incentive to do so.
If you’re being truthful with everything you’ve said, it should be very easy for those who work with you to know who you are.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:53 am

Beerbong wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:56 am
sinklair wrote:
Yes, all contracted employees sign the “boiler plate” contract that includes these provisions. If you ask for the non-compete or damages clauses to be excluded, you’re told (essentially) take it or they’ll withdraw the offer and sign the next sucker in line. It’s not a fair fight. And those in charge (the GMs) who could make the exception have no incentive to do so.
The contract, while I’m sure is slanted towards the employer, also offers you some protection. If you turn out to be a dud, and they want to get rid of you, they have to pay out the remainder of your salary to the end of the contract.
:rollin :rollin :rollin

You think an organization that forces people to pay to leave are going to pay out a contract of someone they fire?

Only happens in professional sports, pal.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:09 pm

Beerbong wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:48 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:53 am
Beerbong wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:56 am
sinklair wrote:
The contract, while I’m sure is slanted towards the employer, also offers you some protection. If you turn out to be a dud, and they want to get rid of you, they have to pay out the remainder of your salary to the end of the contract.

You think an organization that forces people to pay to leave are going to pay out a contract of someone they fire?

Only happens in professional sports, pal.
What would you know about it? You’ve never worked in the TV business. Correct?
The place charges people to leave. It ain’t paying anybody not working a dime. Barely pays the ones that do.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:32 am

Beerbong wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:24 am
When you sign, you enter into an agreement with your employer. You can’t leave without negotiating out of the remainder of the contract. They can’t get rid of a dud employee without negotiation out of the remainder of the contract. The no-compete clause isn’t worth the paper it’s written on. Once the contract has been satisfied, you can do what ever you want employment wise. It happens all the time.
Wow. Just wow.

Have you ever been part of a negotiation and contract?

The negotiation goes BEFORE the contract is signed. BEFORE!!! AFTER it is signed is the enforcement. NO. MORE. NEGOTIATION.

If people were fired then could appear on the other station immediately, Deputy Bill and Joel Feick could have appeared on the republican media station the next day, but they didn’t. WHY? BECAUSE THEY CONTRACTUALLY COULD NOT!!!! JUST ASK THEM.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:44 am

Beerbong: “I’m ready to work! Let’s get started!”

Employer: “Okay, great. Just sign this contract.”

Beerbong: “Sure! (signs contract) Okay, let’s negotiate my deal!”

Employer: “Uh, no. You just signed a contract. That’s your deal.”

Beerbong: “Oh, no! That’s not how it works! I sign a deal THEN we negotiate terms.”

Employer: “That’s literally opposite of how it works. You’re under contract now.”

Beerbong: “NOPE! NOT HOW IT WORKS. I’M READY TO NEGOTIATE!”

Employer: “Know what? This isn’t going to work out. Since you’re within 90 days of hire, we can let you go with or without a reason. We’re exercising our agreed upon termination policy.”

Beerbong: “Oh no you don’t! You fire me, then we negotiate terms!”

Employer: “Leave the premises.”

Beerbong: “Not until we negotiate my deal!!!”

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:30 pm

sinklair wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:40 am
The contract no-compete clause is enforceable for one year after the end of the contract... even if the employee is fired. Don’t believe me, there’s a former 25-66 anchor suing the station because she still can’t find work after the GM, News Director, HR Director told her that her services were no longer needed.
Yes! Nothing like a lawsuit to get things done.

Anyone else suing? Let’s name names.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic