Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Useless

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Beerbong

Re: Useless

Post by Beerbong » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:46 am

sinklair wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:22 pm
Beer: I like hot chocolate. It’s not distracting like a parade through the building when you’re on deadline.

Let’s be clear: I’ll choose what I criticize, who I want, and when.

You on one hand say I’m too harsh in my criticism of my employer... the next you criticize me for not blasting the station for an employee who resigned for their own reason.

You call me a disgruntled ex-employee. I’m not, but if that makes you feel better, you go girl. You say you’re a retired former worker at ABC 12, which you’re clearly not. But one thing is clear: you don’t know who I am... so just leave it at that.

Secondly, you can disagree with my approach in how I choose to advocate for better working conditions for me and the other “slobs” (as you’ve called us)... but it doesn’t change the fact that the station is in last place not because of me but because of the failed vision put in place by Sinclair and it’s hand-picked GM. The GM can blame lots of people, but at the end of the day, the buck stops with him. Until there’s a change at the top, 25-66 will continue to be a bottom feeder.

25-65 has not made any significant advancement in ratings since the Barrington days. Despite new sets, new graphics, new technology... we remain a DISTANT last place. Put on a lame rebranding campaign “Mid-Michigan Now”... and still no change. Are the reporters, photographers, producers, anchors, digital desk to blame? No, the misguided direction, constant turnover and low morale is solely the fault of management.

Dudley: I have gone to the GM, to the News Director, to the HR Director, and to the corporate Group News Director. To no avail. I’m done talking to hacks who don’t give a sh*t about it’s employees and make decisions that only benefit their bottom line when the rest of us make the lowest pay in the market despite putting on newscasts and shows on three stations. It’s BS. I’ll continue to do my best work and I’ll continue to call out management when they make bad decisions. If management doesn’t like it, I’ll tell them what Beer and Lovin have said to me... the accountant in chief, the Assistant GM, the in over her head News Director should just quit.

And you’re right that if I was using company computers or cellphones, management would know who I am. But since I’m using my own devices outside of work, they don’t know who I am... and that’s a source of frustration for them as they try to figure out who the “mole” is. Buts it’s also fun watching them try to chase their tails. If they were worth their spit, they would devote the same energy into fixing the many, many problems here.
Yeah, you can only criticize the things you had knowledge of in the past. Also, I said I was retired, never said from where. Could be City Hall for all you know. What I do know is, your not the type of hater to let anything slide. You hated on every employee activity your station has had. The hot chocolate bar was the one event that turned you around? Please. If you knew about it, you would have weaponized it. You mention “mole”, rhymes with “troll”, and thats what you are. Nothing more..

Bye Felicia!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:11 am

Beer = pot calling the kettle black.

Check your own posts before blaming others for spewing hate.

I call out those things I disagree with at my station. If you don’t like it, stop reading and-or posting here.

Your gas lighting doesn’t change the facts. You can’t dispute the fact that the efforts to grow ratings at the station have been an utter failure. Who’s to blame for those decisions?

According to Beer, it’s anyone but management’s fault. It’s a ridiculous argument at best.

If you like parades, congrats. It just continues to show how misguided the out of touch GM and his inner circle of apologists are more concerned about people criticizing their decisions than actually addressing the issues that underline the reasons that 25-66 remains in last place from a ratings and revenue standpoint with no expectation that their failed experiment will change until there is a change at the top.

Hate on me all you will. But facts are facts. And nothing Beer says has any basis in reality. There are many people at 25-66 that believe the place is a joke (and not in the funny sense)... and the clowns in the corner offices are running the asylum into the ground. Most are too scared to speak up, fearing retribution from the accountant in chief, Assistant GM, the in over her head News Director and the Director of Declining Sales.

I’ll toast the day when Sinclair comes in and shows the bosses the door. I’ll make sure it’s an extra large mug of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows! Mmmmmm, tasty!

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:20 am

Troll.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:39 am

You seem to be very short on words when confronted with facts, my dear Beer.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:44 am

sinklair wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:39 am
You seem to be very short on words when confronted with facts, my dear Beer.
Troll.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:39 am

Bdl wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:11 pm
Beerbong wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:07 pm
Big Signal wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:51 pm
This forum is as useless as tits on a pig.
It serves no purpose, other than to tear apart individuals and stations. There has not been a positive post or conversation in weeks.
Here is something positive Beerbong just to be a little ray of hope on this board, everyone who watches local News on TV 5 should be thankful that a major market talent like Frank Turner is on the air in your market. Frank is a class act that has turned his life around to the positive, I don't think there could be a better person to take that anchor chair since the passing of Sam Merrill who was a top drawer anchor in his own right. I worked with Frank here in Detroit at WXYZ, and you won't find a more dedicated and professional person in the business. If Frank ever visits this board, I just want to say to you Frank, keep up the great work my friend.
Someone else mentioned Frank Turner earlier. Sounds like a great story.
I just finished his testimony....Raised From the Dead. A prime example of how Jesus can xform a life. Great read.
Sounds interesting. I wish I could get TV-5, but there RF plant is a joke.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic