Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer Misses The Mark

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Whitmer Misses The Mark

Post by TC Talks » Fri May 08, 2020 5:19 pm

ADD in TC wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:54 pm
That article linked above is mainly talking about fast food chains.I think alot of Fine dining and brewpub operaters may feel a bit different.
I know most of the Brewers in town and only a handful of them are frustrated with the governor. The bigger challenge Traverse City will have is that visitors this summer will be about 40% of normal. That has nothing to do with any government decisions. That has all to do with people being careful.

I speak with many restaurant owners and nobody is planning on opening until August for dine in. There's been a lot of research and none of it points to people being excited about dining in nicer restaurants for quite a while. The high value fine dining client is 50+, and they have greater reason to be cautious. There is an occasional younger diner but not enough to keep those restaurants profitable.
You should also stop calling everyone that disagrees with you as racists.
I have called you a racist because you are one. I don't recall placing that label on anyone but you.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri May 08, 2020 5:40 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:19 pm
ADD in TC wrote:
That article linked above is mainly talking about fast food chains.I think alot of Fine dining and brewpub operaters may feel a bit different.
I know most of the Brewers in town and only a handful of them are frustrated with the governor. The bigger challenge Traverse City will have is that visitors this summer will be about 40% of normal. That has nothing to do with any government decisions. That has all to do with people being careful.

I speak with many restaurant owners and nobody is planning on opening until August for dine in. There's been a lot of research and none of it points to people being excited about dining in nicer restaurants for quite a while. The high value fine dining client is 50+, and they have greater reason to be cautious. There is an occasional younger diner but not enough to keep those restaurants profitable.
I have called you a racist because you are one. I don't recall placing that label on anyone but you.
Mr. TC Talks, we are still waiting for your mea culpa on this thread: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 39&t=50387

Knock the labels off, or I will start flagging your posts for attacking my character.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri May 08, 2020 5:43 pm

TC Talks wrote:
ADD in TC wrote:

Also, more facts: https://www.freep.com/story/entertainme ... 096464001/
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri May 08, 2020 5:46 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:40 pm

Knock the labels off, or I will start flagging your posts for attacking my character.
:lol Like that makes a difference. We have a poster who has slurred gays hundreds of times and recently called Hispanic people "spics". Dozens have asked for the dismissal of this piece of human garbage from the board, to no avail. You really think flagging a post would do anything?!?
The censorship king from out of state.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri May 08, 2020 5:53 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:43 pm
TC Talks wrote:
ADD in TC wrote:

I don't recall Matt saying anything like that.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri May 08, 2020 6:23 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:43 pm
TC Talks wrote:
ADD in TC wrote:

That's consistent with the plan I am aware of. But a trade association isn't the consumer. So what's the point?

Google techtronic surveys on consumer confidence in "Dine In" experiences.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri May 08, 2020 6:33 pm

I suspect the summer tourism season will be better than currently projected, but not as good as it would have been pre-covid.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri May 08, 2020 6:52 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 6:33 pm
I suspect the summer tourism season will be better than currently projected, but not as good as it would have been pre-covid.
Wow...really going out on a limb there, huh? You think biz would have been better with no virus. Very bold prediction!
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri May 08, 2020 7:07 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 6:52 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 6:33 pm
Wow...really going out on a limb there, huh? You think biz would have been better with no virus. Very bold prediction!
I wanted to make sure there was no ambiguity so I provided the necessary context.

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Tue May 12, 2020 10:03 pm

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed May 13, 2020 10:08 pm

Whitmer is giving a 40% pay cut to state employees, but at same time she is bragging that she is leading by example because she gave herself a 10% pay cut?

She obviously failed 4th grade math.

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/michig ... il-july-25
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu May 14, 2020 7:28 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:08 pm
Whitmer is giving a 40% pay cut to state employees, but at same time she is bragging that she is leading by example because she gave herself a 10% pay cut?

She obviously failed 4th grade math.

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/michig ... il-july-25
It's the "New Math", Common Core and equality.

You see, 10% of the governor's salary is the same amount of money as 40% of the average state employee.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu May 14, 2020 9:51 am

I'm not understanding the math here. How long are their pay periods?? If they were paid every other week or twice a month, that would be roughly 2 days out of 10, or a 20% cut. Are they really paid weekly??

Still doesn't 'jive' with her highness only taking 10% though.

I also don't get this part: "State managers at the 17 level and above will not participate in Work Share but will take one layoff day every other pay period resulting in an approximate 5 percent reduction in gross pay."

The state needs to get serious about addressing the budget shortfall, as should all the school systems. Perhaps time to consolidate some of these independent systems into county-wide organizations?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu May 14, 2020 3:46 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:03 pm
Here's the Botox bimbo protesting at the Capitol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw8yJ4GgmCE

Why is she shutting everything down? Because she's afraid of the PEOPLE!
Looks like she hasn't missed a meal since that video was taken!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:18 pm

State of Emergency now extended to July 16.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic