Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Howard Stern's first day on in Detroit Spring 1997

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 15506

Re: Howard Stern's first day on in Detroit Spring 1997

Post by Deleted User 15506 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:15 am

sirrealone wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:53 am
Stern would have done fine here if Drew & Mike hadn't of been here. They had fiercely loyal listeners and they'd built their base on the local angle. Stern couldn't overcome that. I'd sometimes switch over to Stern during a commercial, but would immediately switch back over to D&M as soon as they were back on. I don't think there was much he could have done here.
I disagree, Stern’s numbers would have always been low, not just because of Drew and Mike, but also he had to compete against Jim Johnson at WCSX and Dick Purtan at WOMC as well. Competition in Detroit was big, too big for an outsider like Stern to get better numbers, and besides Stern’s show sucked at that time and as someone else stated in an earlier post, Stern was promoting that god awful movie.

mikemach

Re: Howard Stern's first day on in Detroit Spring 1997

Post by mikemach » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:22 am

As was said above the local angle was so important for Drew and Mike. I could never get into Stern, and radio was appointment listening back then.

On another note remember David Lee Roth's turd of a show on the "Extreme" Free FM. What a flop!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic