The Nine

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Cdnvinylman

The Nine

Post by Cdnvinylman » Thu May 23, 2024 11:04 am

My two cents about “The Nine” Ryan needs to shut up a bit. Too many of his own opinions. I don’t care. Maybe just me. Entitled Marelle just needs to go somewhere else. Maybe just me again. Deena is a rock. She’s what it’s all about. Like I said I’m no professional just a watcher. Don’t hate me. 🙂

Deleted User 16378

Re: The Nine

Post by Deleted User 16378 » Thu May 23, 2024 11:26 am

I just change the channel and life goes on.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Thu May 23, 2024 12:40 pm

Ermani is the class dork/nerd who tried so hard to get attention but the only way he knew how was to say ridiculous things and be loud and obnoxious.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Thu May 23, 2024 1:15 pm

I used to watch consistently but had to stop because of Marrielle Lue (sp?). I literally put anything else on now.
Its a shame because I think Deena is great.

Luke

Post by Luke » Thu May 23, 2024 1:49 pm

I guess what they’re doing is working, but in any given day there’s about 15 to 20 different “anchors” through the long morning shows. I wish they would take a que from WGN and do two morning shows with a 4-6 team and a 6–10 team. Between anchors, weather and traffic you would have half the number of people they have now and could invest in some better quality anchors. Less blabbing from mediocre talking heads and maybe a little more substance?

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Thu May 23, 2024 4:17 pm

I've never understood the 4am morning news shows. To me, 5am is about as early as you need. It's not like people need to tune in for sports or weather or traffic.

Deleted User 16378

Post by Deleted User 16378 » Thu May 23, 2024 4:27 pm

unscopedaircheck wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 4:17 pm
I've never understood the 4am morning news shows. To me, 5am is about as early as you need. It's not like people need to tune in for sports or weather or traffic.
It’s a 24 hour world. People get up for their jobs any time and need to know what is going on. Some of us leave for work by 4 in the morning. So I totally understand the 4am news.

deadend

Post by deadend » Thu May 23, 2024 4:58 pm

Deena is the ONLY reason to watch and even she can’t offset the rest of those idiots.
I dislike Ryan Ermani and his constant screaming and is obnoxious personality
Marielle Lue takes obnoxious to a whole new level with her “ima queen” bullshit and snotty holier than thou attitude. Bitch.
Of course there’s Dereka Kreepva and his husband Alan ShlongStreet… beyond horrible
Charlie Langdon sounds like Grandpa Simpson. His voice is like a cheese grater. Awful.

Can’t they put robin Murdoch and Lee Thomas in the studio with Deena and fire the rest of those weirdos?

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu May 23, 2024 5:06 pm

unscopedaircheck wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 4:17 pm
I for one disagree. I'm watching at 4:30ish to see what the weather is. My drive don't include expressway. And that early they don't do traffic reports anyway. I do agree that early don't care for the news. Unfortunately Fox2 thinks viewers are enthralled to hear all about Trump's trials and tribulations.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu May 23, 2024 7:21 pm

The Nine is crafted for women who watch TV at home in the middle of the morning. Men of any age is not who they are targeting.

In other words, they are going for the same demographic as Kathie Lee and Hoda.

Men complaining about The Nine is analagous to women complaining about UFC telecasts.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu May 23, 2024 8:11 pm

Other than the alien debates, I could care less. I just watch those YouTube clips.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Thu May 23, 2024 10:23 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 7:21 pm
The Nine is crafted for women who watch TV at home in the middle of the morning. Men of any age is not who they are targeting.

In other words, they are going for the same demographic as Kathie Lee and Hoda.

Men complaining about The Nine is analagous to women complaining about UFC telecasts.
My wife echos a lot of the comments here.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri May 24, 2024 11:26 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 7:21 pm
The Nine is crafted for women who watch TV at home in the middle of the morning. Men of any age is not who they are targeting ...
I agree. I said this before here on Buzzboard. Something happened to The Nine after the one dude that you would see off to the side retired. Pretty sure his name was Al.

Nothing against any of the folks in front of the camera. Just the topics got less interesting to me.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

sizzlechest

Post by sizzlechest » Fri May 24, 2024 12:34 pm

I was watching the 4:00 am news this morning, and Kelly Rowe started doing the weather. I had no idea, so I started googling and couldn't find anything about her being a weather person. I listened closer the next time she did it, and she started by saying, "if you want to know the weather this weekend, listen up, cause I'm going to give you Rich Luterman's forecast, and he's always right." I thought it was cool that she gave the disclaimer, and she was actually really good.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 24, 2024 1:26 pm

sizzlechest wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 12:34 pm
I have no idea what I'm doing up here but listen to the forecast from the guy who does and if I say it confidently then I know the weather too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic