Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tiger Baseball on TV

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Wildbill

Tiger Baseball on TV

Post by Wildbill » Wed May 22, 2024 2:09 pm

Why don’t one of the local stations pick up the games like the old days?

riggs

Re: Tiger Baseball on TV

Post by riggs » Wed May 22, 2024 2:15 pm

That would launch more lawsuits than "Bittersweet Symphony" by The Verve.

MLB misread where media was headed and refused to listen to the warnings.

They knew better.

This is killing their game and their hands are so tied up in potential litigation that they can't do anything about it.

If this was the NFL (not that the NFL would ever be in this position), they would say "fuck you, sue us", get the games on TV and deal with the repercussions later, the fans would love that. MLB doesn't get that either.

By the way, the days of free NFL and College Football games on TV are coming to an end. You will have to pay to watch every game within 5 years.
Sidney sit down, relax, have a sandwich, drink a glass of milk, do some fucking thing

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu May 23, 2024 10:36 am

I believe I've said this before. I ponder how much folks would subscribe to Bally's if they could watch all the Wings and Tiger games for the season. This is our first year. Unless I'm going about it wrong, I only see the last couple games.

I will say I'm glad we have it. Probably about half the games I watch are not live, and I would of missed them if they were only OTA.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

rizzman87

Post by rizzman87 » Thu May 23, 2024 5:11 pm

Maybe someone can explain if it’s just MLB contract was different but why were the Wings and Pistons able to put their last games on channel 20 but the Tigers can’t?

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Fri May 24, 2024 12:03 am

This could be the start of sports 'NASCAR' moment as the audience starts to drop off. To watch your favorite team like football and you will need 4 or 5 streaming services, at a cost, to see the games. How many people are willing to have all the premium services just to watch the NFL. Money first and screw the fans. At what point do you just walk away and find a new cheaper way to entertain yourself.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri May 24, 2024 7:46 am

Why would anyone want to watch this garbage baseball team on TV?
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri May 24, 2024 11:30 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 7:46 am
Why would anyone want to watch this garbage baseball team on TV?
The Tigers are like the Lions to me. Even when they lose, they're still my home team.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 24, 2024 12:01 pm

tapeisrolling wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 12:03 am
This could be the start of sports 'NASCAR' moment as the audience starts to drop off. To watch your favorite team like football and you will need 4 or 5 streaming services, at a cost, to see the games. How many people are willing to have all the premium services just to watch the NFL. Money first and screw the fans. At what point do you just walk away and find a new cheaper way to entertain yourself.
Some of the major mirroring sites that you can get games on after running through the popups are gonna have a field day if it goes to all streaming.

Michiganviewer

Post by Michiganviewer » Fri May 24, 2024 3:05 pm

rizzman87 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 5:11 pm
Maybe someone can explain if it’s just MLB contract was different but why were the Wings and Pistons able to put their last games on channel 20 but the Tigers can’t?
https://www.wxyz.com/sports/detroit-pis ... er-the-air

https://www.nhl.com/redwings/news/final ... in-detroit

dial-it-in

Post by dial-it-in » Fri May 24, 2024 11:21 pm

If the Tigers themselves as an organization cant even be bothered to spend money on their team why should I?

uncleb67

Post by uncleb67 » Sun May 26, 2024 3:31 pm

Pretty funny how today’s Tigers game, a back-n-forth 14-11 Tigers win on a walk-off HR, as exciting and crazy a game as there has been in a while, was a Roku exclusive with the 11:30am start. I enjoyed listening to it on the Audacy app while riding my bike on Lakelands Trail in Hamburg Township, but the fact so many games don’t get watched by people this season is crazy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic