Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
wtfdetroit

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by wtfdetroit » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:29 pm

The show is starting to sound like a whine fest about poor Ron getting stiffed from sketchy businesses on 6 mile and Meyer road and he’s threatening to take a break. When Martin tried to get new sponsors in the Spring, Ron shunned him. He always makes stupid stubborn decisions that make his life hard

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:16 pm

Ron has no interest in working 5 days a week at the patriot.You would think for a guy that might not make his saturday show if his car is broken he would jump at a full time gig.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:16 pm

There’s a reason Ron’s been doing brokered radio for so long now. No one would hire him for a regular on-air job. And he can’t do his brand of radio for more than a couple of days a week because he has to hustle to sell ads the rest of the time. If he’s looking at reducing his schedule due to a lack of sponsors this doesn’t bode well for Matt.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:32 pm

I don't understand bringing in Matt for a day and starting the everyone feel sorry for me, I'm getting stiffed crap. Poor Matt probably needs the money bad and you pull the rug from under his feet.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/McNic ... -83.170868

This is where Ron is going for ads.... A 75 year old man is wandering in the ghetto to sell ads on a show with 7 total callers and a radio station that is one step above a CB radio.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:09 pm

What a life!

I hope he gets his car fixed:

https://homeporchpatio.com/products/omh ... el-t-aj037

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:13 pm

Ron's days as a sports talk show host may be numbered.Poor Kurt .He will lose his chance for stardom.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:20 pm

One thing about Ron is that he may disappear but he will reappear again. He's like a bad smell. If a pandemic couldn't stop him from stuffing his face at Ram's horn, nothing will.

Mr Positive: Can you ask Ron what kind of car he drives?

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:11 pm

An example of how Ron - despite his professed desire to have direct contact with his "fans" - doesn't bother much with listening to his callers, Mr. Positive tried to bring to Ron's attention the online presence of his radio broadcasts from '77 & '78, but Ron paid no attention, immediately changing the subject instead to the YouTube videos of his tv show.

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:42 pm

Perhaps Ron will be taking his talents to Sirrus .At Sirrus I have no.doubt that Ron could increase the number of callers from 7 to.at least 20.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:16 pm

I don’t think Ron knows about satellite radio and his listeners definitely don’t have it. I listened to this tonight and I got a big chuckle. Ron’s first remote after he got banned from the Patriot studios

https://omny.fm/shows/salemdetroit/spor ... on-cameron

My favorite is when he asked cowboy that his cell is bad and he replied he’s on a landline and told Cowboy to wait and went to Kurt. Ron pea brain thought he was going to do remote shows twice a week for years. The Grateful Dead of local radio.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:29 pm

That remote show from Louie’s is all we have to remember of the all too brief Luke era. Ron thought Luke was withholding emails & hanging up on his callers. Luke’s obvious disdain for Ron - “I’m trying to keep you on the air!” - held out the promise of sure fireworks in the future.

It was such a trainwreck that I’m convinced the
gods must have conspired to put a quick end to further remote broadcasts by introducing a novel coronavirus that would keep people from congregating in indoor restaurants.

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:44 am

2 H*** questions.Will Ron find transportation to make it to.his show?Will.Ray Scott cancel on Ron?Drama like this is the reason Ron has lasted 50 years in radio.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:47 am

Hello first time poster, long time reader :)

One of the the unique things about this topic, is watching this board in real time as Ron’s show is one, pretty entertaining!

I was wondering though does Mr Cameron have a regular job?i Is he retired, anyways great dialogue on this site and look forward to the comments from 2-4 today

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:14 am

Welcome radiofan! We probably have as many posters as Ron has callers. Although we can only dream of having as many posters as listeners.

Ron has owned several dive restaurants in the last several years(which close right ahead of the health inspectors), but in the last couple of years has mostly just talked a big game about getting a new one. When not hunting for a new restaurant, Ron's focus is on hustling to get sponsors for his radio show. And watching old game shows on BuzzR TV.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:20 am

Kidcat wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:44 am
2 H*** questions.Will Ron find transportation to make it to.his show?Will.Ray Scott cancel on Ron?Drama like this is the reason Ron has lasted 50 years in radio.
I'm hoping Mr Positive asks Ron what kind of car he drives. I'm going to guess Ron drives something from the 80's like an Oldsmobile eighty eight.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic