Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 29 at 11:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump blows over $100,000,000 on legal fees.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Trump blows over $100,000,000 on legal fees.

Post by TC Talks » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:10 pm

His legal fund is asking for a 60 million dollar PAC contribution back, and he'll still be convicted.
After Paying Lawyers, Trump’s PAC Is Nearly Broke
The scramble to cover legal bills for former President Donald J. Trump and his associates has prompted what appears to be the largest refund in federal campaign finance history.

Save America, the former president’s Political Action Committee, has spent millions on his legal-related bills in the last 2.5 years, with a vast majority going to his lawyer fees.

Former President Donald J. Trump’s political action committee, which began last year with $105 million, now has less than $4 million left in its account after paying tens of millions of dollars in legal fees for Mr. Trump and his associates.

The dwindling cash reserves in Mr. Trump’s PAC, called Save America, have fallen to such levels that the group has made the highly unusual request of a $60 million refund of a donation it had previously sent to a pro-Trump super PAC. This money had been intended for television commercials to help Mr. Trump’s candidacy, but as he is the dominant front-runner for the Republican nomination in 2024, his most immediate problems appear to be legal, not political.

The super PAC, which is called Make America Great Again Inc., has already sent back $12.25 million to the group paying Mr. Trump’s legal bills, according to federal records — a sum nearly as large as the $13.1 million the super PAC raised from donors in the first half of 2023. Those donations included $1 million from the father of his son-in-law, Charles Kushner, whom Mr. Trump pardoned for federal crimes in his final days as president, and $100,000 from a candidate seeking Mr. Trump’s endorsement.

The extraordinary shift of money from the super PAC to Mr. Trump’s political committee, described in federal campaign filings as a refund, is believed to be larger than any other refund on record in the history of federal campaigns.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mega Hertz

Re: Trump blows over $100,000,000 on legal fees.

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:40 pm

Goddammit, donate to help the recount again!
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:48 pm

“Here’s my welfare money! My kids don’t need to eat! SaVe OuR cOuNtRy!!”

— Dumbfuck tRumpanzees
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:06 pm

Seriously, how can one person rack up that much in legal costs?

Even worse, he has fired many many lawyers who still got paid.
― Matt

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:08 am

Campaign finance fraud, coming soon to a Trump near you?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:32 am

I’m impressed any of his lawyers actually got paid. Anyone doing business with him would be foolish not to get cash upfront.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:15 am

Crazy$$$
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:04 pm

Meanwhile, over in the fundraising department... Trumps fundraising isn't to get him elected...
Former President Donald J. Trump faces a mountain of legal bills as he defends himself against a wide array of federal and state charges, with the latest coming this week in Georgia.

To pay lawyers, he has often turned to money from supporters: Over the past two years, he has drawn tens of millions of dollars from a political action committee he controls called Save America PAC. Originally set up in 2020 as he galvanized supporters around his baseless claims of election fraud, the group — technically known as a leadership PAC — has been sustained in large part by contributions from small donors.

Experts say the practice is most likely legal but that it raises ethical questions about how Mr. Trump treats his donors.

Why is he doing this?
Because Mr. Trump, who is famously tightfisted with his personal fortune, has mounting legal bills, a ready source of cash to cover them and not much standing in his way.

Even before he entered the 2024 race, Save America was paying his legal bills as he faced federal and state investigations into his business practices, his efforts to overturn the 2020 election, and his handling of classified documents after he left the White House.

As charges have arrived, the legal bills have ballooned. Mr. Trump will have to pay lawyers in Florida, Georgia, New York, and Washington, D.C., as well as costs for things like databases for managing discovery.

According to its public filings, Save America has also paid lawyers who are representing witnesses in the Trump investigations, including the congressional inquiry into the Capitol riot, raising questions about possible efforts to influence testimony.

Steven Cheung, a spokesman for Mr. Trump, has said that the PAC is paying legal bills for witnesses to protect them from “financial ruin.” Mr. Cheung did not respond to requests for comment on Wednesday.

In 2021 and 2022, Save America spent $16 million on legal bills, The New York Times has reported. In the first six months of this year, almost a third of the money raised by his committees and the super PAC backing him has gone toward legal costs — more than $27 million, according to a Times analysis of federal records.

The legal payments could have tax implications, some experts said, if the underlying legal matter were deemed by the Internal Revenue Service to be related to Mr. Trump personally, rather than to his official role. The payments could, in theory, count as taxable income for Mr. Trump.

But other experts said that the broad discretion of campaign finance laws would most likely shield him from any tax liability.
― Matt

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:08 pm

"I'm a millionaire. I can't be bought. I have my own money".
-TurkeyTop

Taco

Post by Taco » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:38 am

It's funny how he says he has all this money. That said, why does he need ours?
Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:01 pm

Taco wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:38 am
It's funny how he says he has all this money. That said, why does he need ours?
Because Donald Trump is that 17 year old boy in the backseat with the insecure 16 year old girl. He has a raging boner. They're having a snog and a fumble and he says everything she wants to hear. "You're the most beautiful girl in the world" "I'll love you forever" "Nobody will love you more than me" "I'll always be there for you". Anything to get what he's after. And that insecure girl believes every word. "But he LOVES me!" "He's ALWAYS gonna be with me!" And she just keeps believing it. Just like him with Americans.
-TurkeyTop

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:19 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:01 pm

Because Donald Trump is that 17 year old boy in the backseat with the insecure 16 year old girl. He has a raging boner. They're having a snog and a fumble and he says everything she wants to hear. "You're the most beautiful girl in the world" "I'll love you forever" "Nobody will love you more than me" "I'll always be there for you I am your retribution". Anything to get what he's after. And that insecure girl believes every word. "But he LOVES me!" "He's ALWAYS gonna be with me!" And she just keeps believing it. Just like him with Americans.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic