Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

To the progressives on this board: what does "mission accomplished" look like?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

To the progressives on this board: what does "mission accomplished" look like?

Post by bmw » Mon May 22, 2023 10:32 pm

Lately I see all this talk of "moving forward" and adapting to change and people not wanting change getting out of the way.

So I'm curious: What is your end-goal? Put another way, does does your ideal society look like where if it existed, you would say to yourself "mission accomplished" and that "status quo" from that point forward would be acceptable?

Second question: Do Conservatives exist in such a society? And if so, in what numbers, and how do you treat them?

Bryce

Re: To the progressives on this board: what does "mission accomplished" look like?

Post by Bryce » Mon May 22, 2023 10:39 pm

Christians in Iran.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Re: To the progressives on this board: what does "mission accomplished" look like?

Post by Rate This » Mon May 22, 2023 11:04 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:32 pm
Lately I see all this talk of "moving forward" and adapting to change and people not wanting change getting out of the way.

So I'm curious: What is your end-goal? Put another way, does does your ideal society look like where if it existed, you would say to yourself "mission accomplished" and that "status quo" from that point forward would be acceptable?

Second question: Do Conservatives exist in such a society? And if so, in what numbers, and how do you treat them?
Like people. I’m not against conservatives. I’m against their “no we can’t because insert idiotic reason here” attitude about literally every subject up to and including making coffee in the morning before 7am. Literally everything can be answered in one word: no.

I’m a live and let live kind of person and I want to help people. You don’t get that on the right and most certainly not from Trumpism more specifically. Rather they foam their followers into a lather that brings out the exact opposite.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 22, 2023 11:36 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:32 pm

Second question: Do Conservatives exist in such a society? ...how do you treat them?
I guess you see things in a pretty narrow way. I can't say any answer to a question like yours is going to satisfy you.

But this would exceed my wildest dreams...
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue May 23, 2023 12:29 am

For starters, let’s stopping discriminating against everybody. Then, we can talk about Medicare for All. Reform Citizens United and end loopholes for billionaires and stop corporate welfare. We need to let small business thrive again.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 23, 2023 8:47 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 11:04 pm
I’m not against conservatives. I’m against their “no we can’t because insert idiotic reason here” attitude about literally every subject...
My counter-examples for you to consider:

-No, we can't cut spending
-No, you can't attend church when we determine it is unsafe to do so
-No, you can't exercise your basic right to freedom of assembly when we determine it is unsafe to do so
-No, your children can't attend school when we determine it is unsafe to do so
-No, you can't have your business open to the public when we determine it is unsafe to do so
-No, we can't allow Trump onto places like CNN
-No, we can't allow Conservatives to speak on most college campuses
-No, you can't drink out of a plastic straw or carry your groceries in a plastic bag
-No, you can't light any room of your house with an incandescent light bulb
-No, you can't cook on a gas stove
-No, you can't improve your own private property without this permit or that permit

As I write out this list with thoughts that come to me as I write it, I notice a trend...that this liberal utopia the left is trying to build is run entirely by the left. It is the left who gets to decide things. The left decides when it is safe or unsafe to do something. The left decides how much money the government spends. The left decides what is and is not acceptable behavior in regards to the environment. The left decides everything. There is no place for Conservatives in this decision-making process.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue May 23, 2023 9:31 am

There is no "end goal" or "mission accomplished" to human progress. We are continually evolving, achieving, and progressing, refusing to be stuck in the past.
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 23, 2023 9:40 am

And that answer, right there, explains why liberals will never be happy. Because the status quo is never good enough. Rather than living in the present and occasionally enjoying reminiscing about the past with friends and family, you are instead perpetually unhappy with the present, you despise the past, and you march forward trying to change the present in the name of "progress," meandering without an actual goal. Newsflash: You can't have "progress" without a goal - the very definition of progress is movement towards achieving a goal.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue May 23, 2023 9:53 am

bmw wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:40 am
And that answer, right there, explains why liberals will never be happy. Because the status quo is never good enough. Rather than living in the present and occasionally enjoying reminiscing about the past with friends and family, you are instead perpetually unhappy with the present, you despise the past, and you march forward trying to change the present in the name of "progress," meandering without an actual goal. Newsflash: You can't have "progress" without a goal - the very definition of progress is movement towards achieving a goal.
If you are using it as a noun, yes, that is one definition. There is also another: "gradual improvement or advancement" which pertains to my response.

Also, in my answer, "progressing" is a verb ("are ... progressing"). Therefore, the definition is: "move forward or onward in space or time." Please look up helper verbs for more information.

Thanks for playing...

PS -- I am not a liberal.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 23, 2023 10:11 am

You also used the phrase "human progress" in your answer. Where I went to school, your use of the word "progress" in that phrase would be considered a noun.

And you're playing word games with me as your definitions appear to mix scientific definitions with sociological ones. From a scientific standpoint, the "move[ment] forward or onward in space or time" is one of moving from a state of order to disorder (entropy). That definition is incompatible with the sociological definition that I'm referring to.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue May 23, 2023 10:23 am

bmw wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 10:11 am
You also used the phrase "human progress" in your answer. Where I went to school, your use of the word "progress" in that phrase would be considered a noun.

And you're playing word games with me as your definitions appear to mix scientific definitions with sociological ones. From a scientific standpoint, the "move[ment] forward or onward in space or time" is one of moving from a state of order to disorder (entropy). That definition is incompatible with the sociological definition that I'm referring to.
Did you even read my first line? I explained my use of the noun! #jfc

I don't play games, other than golf. But it's cute when you copy/paste definitions from the internet. Is that the first time you've used "entropy" in your life? lol!

Entropy can be used in a non-science way as well. You're good at googling definitions (as evidenced here) so I'll let you figure that out.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 23, 2023 10:59 am

The only thing I copied was your dictionary definition of progress which you directly copied and pasted and quoted from Oxford dictionary.

Speaking of "cute," it is cute that you claim to not be a liberal.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue May 23, 2023 11:27 am

bmw wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 10:59 am
The only thing I copied was your dictionary definition of progress which you directly copied and pasted and quoted from Oxford dictionary.

Speaking of "cute," it is cute that you claim to not be a liberal.
Well, I guess if you must know... I'm Green Party w/ a mix of Libertarian. But I guess anyone who doesn't worship tRump or the fat fucking meatball (hi, Matt!) is a liberal (or maybe RINO?) in your eyes.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 23, 2023 11:41 am

bmw wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:47 am
Rate This wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 11:04 pm
I’m not against conservatives. I’m against their “no we can’t because insert idiotic reason here” attitude about literally every subject...
My counter-examples for you to consider:

-No, we can't cut spending
-No, you can't attend church when we determine it is unsafe to do so
-No, you can't exercise your basic right to freedom of assembly when we determine it is unsafe to do so
-No, your children can't attend school when we determine it is unsafe to do so
-No, you can't have your business open to the public when we determine it is unsafe to do so
-No, we can't allow Trump onto places like CNN
-No, we can't allow Conservatives to speak on most college campuses
-No, you can't drink out of a plastic straw or carry your groceries in a plastic bag
-No, you can't light any room of your house with an incandescent light bulb
-No, you can't cook on a gas stove
-No, you can't improve your own private property without this permit or that permit

As I write out this list with thoughts that come to me as I write it, I notice a trend...that this liberal utopia the left is trying to build is run entirely by the left. It is the left who gets to decide things. The left decides when it is safe or unsafe to do something. The left decides how much money the government spends. The left decides what is and is not acceptable behavior in regards to the environment. The left decides everything. There is no place for Conservatives in this decision-making process.
Counter example… the large pickup truck with oversized wheels and “Fuck Joe and the Hoe” bumper sticker. We don’t have Fuck Don the Con stickers on our cars. That sticker tells me everything I need to know about “conservatives” and more specifically Trumpers. Such stickers are COMMON among such folks. Because of this you lose. Period. Unless you were born in a barn you know this is uncalled for horseshit from an uneducated idiot.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue May 23, 2023 11:49 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 11:41 am
Counter example… the large pickup truck with oversized wheels and “Fuck Joe and the Hoe” bumper sticker. We don’t have Fuck Don the Con stickers on our cars. That sticker tells me everything I need to know about “conservatives” and more specifically Trumpers. Such stickers are COMMON among such folks. Because of this you lose. Period. Unless you were born in a barn you know this is uncalled for horseshit from an uneducated idiot.
Yep! I chuckled every time a tRumpanzee asked me during the 2020 election: "Where's your Biden flag? Why aren't you supporting your candidate?"

"Um, because I don't worship another human being. Especially not one who's a H***, morally-corrupt, pussy-grabbing, piece of shit like tRump!"

BTW, my vote was AGAINST tRump, not FOR Biden. Biden is a piece of shit too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic