Greg Abbott is a piece of shit

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Greg Abbott is a piece of shit

Post by audiophile » Tue May 02, 2023 10:44 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 10:29 am
Sorry. All this indignation rings hollow coming from people that voted for a former segregationist and continue to support a man that once said, “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

Guy has a D, you give him a pass. Guy has an R, and you go looking for reasons.
I agree Bryce.

No one has come up with a better way to term it either...

Would they prefer "Mexican nationals in Texas without a visa?"

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 02, 2023 10:47 am

bmw wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 10:10 am
I'm with AP on this one - foreign policy alone is enough for me to vote for Trump over Biden. I know the left likes to argue that Trump set us up for the foreign problems we're having today, but I'm not buying it. The war mongers and saber rattlers of the world are war mongering and saber rattling because they fear Biden about as much as other NBA teams fear the Detroit Pistons.
Biden is certainly more dangerous for the country.

Biden mandated electric cars won't run after an EMP either.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 02, 2023 10:50 am

What does Biden have to do with a California regulation that isn't set to take effect until 2035?
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 02, 2023 11:29 am

The Biden EPA appointees have all kinds of crazy ideas, including severe CO2 limits for auto companies.

This why the agency appointments are so important, MW.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/12/clim ... s-epa.html

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 02, 2023 12:10 pm

Similar article not behind a paywall:

https://fortune.com/2023/04/12/new-bide ... ales-2032/
The Biden administration is proposing strict new automobile pollution limits that would require as many as two-thirds of new vehicles sold in the U.S. to be electric by 2032, a nearly tenfold increase over current electric vehicle sales.

The proposed regulation, announced Wednesday by the Environmental Protection Agency, would set tailpipe emissions limits for the 2027 through 2032 model years that are the strictest ever imposed — and call for far more new EV sales than the auto industry agreed to less than two years ago.

If finalized next year as expected, the plan would represent the strongest push yet toward a once almost unthinkable shift from gasoline-powered cars and trucks to battery-powered vehicles.
And before that, there was this:
Specifically, the President will sign an Executive Order that sets an ambitious new target to make half of all new vehicles sold in 2030 zero-emissions vehicles, including battery electric, plug-in hybrid electric, or fuel cell electric vehicles. The Executive Order also kicks off development of long-term fuel efficiency and emissions standards to save consumers money, cut pollution, boost public health, advance environmental justice, and tackle the climate crisis.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... 20vehicles.

I have a few family members who work in related industries, including one who is quite liberal, and both say this is a trainwreck waiting to happen. Their argument is that the government is mandating only side of the coin - that the flip side is electrical grid capacity, and there are no mandates to be found to increase our electrical grid's capacity (which is already borderline overtaxed, especially during the summer) to handle the charging needs of that many new electrical cars on the road.

Take somebody who, for example, drives a modest 15,000 miles per year. If your efficiency is at 320 watts per mile, that's 4800kw of electricity needed (assuming 100% charging efficiency) per year, or 400 kw per month. Take an average sized household that consumes 500 to 1000 kw of electricity per month depending on the time of year, and you're talking a significant increase in power consumption. Drive more miles, or have 2 cars that drive that many miles, and you could end up nearly doubling your power consumption. The grid is nowhere near ready for this.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue May 02, 2023 1:51 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 10:44 am

Since a large number of these folks are attempting to escape from oppressive governments maybe the word "refugees" is apt?

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 02, 2023 2:55 pm

audiophile wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 10:29 am
Sorry. All this indignation rings hollow coming from people that voted for a former segregationist and continue to support a man that once said, “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

Guy has a D, you give him a pass. Guy has an R, and you go looking for reasons.
I agree Bryce.

Call me crazy, but this could have worked:
I’ve announced a $50K reward for info on the criminal who killed 5 PEOPLE Friday. Also directed #OperationLoneStar to be on the lookout.

I continue working with state & local officials to ensure all available resources are deployed to respond.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 02, 2023 3:54 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 2:55 pm
Call me crazy, but this could have worked:
I’ve announced a $50K reward for info on the criminal who killed 5 PEOPLE Friday. Also directed #OperationLoneStar to be on the lookout.

I continue working with state & local officials to ensure all available resources are deployed to respond.
I'm fine with pointing out the immigration status of the criminal.
Announcing a $50K reward for a @TxDPS top 10 fugitive who is in the country illegally and executed five of his neighbors Friday night.

I also directed #OperationLoneStar to be on the lookout for the criminal and any attempts to flee the country.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 02, 2023 4:41 pm

audiophile wrote:
I agree Bryce.

I would guess not.....because they were Honduran, you stupid fuck!
The censorship king from out of state.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 02, 2023 7:16 pm

I have a Venezuelan business associate that is a lawyer, she is upset at those that bypass legal immigration. She said it took her years and thousands of dollars to become a US Citizen, and exclaimed "why should they be able cheat the process when I didn't?" I highly doubt she would have an issue with the term illegal immigrants, but I will ask her.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 02, 2023 7:27 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 7:16 pm
I have a Venezuelan business associate that is a lawyer, she is upset at those that bypass legal immigration. She said it took her years and thousands of dollars to become a US Citizen, and exclaimed "why should they be able cheat the process when I didn't?" I highly doubt she would have an issue with the term illegal immigrants, but I will ask her.
How fucking stupid are you?!? Don't you get that the issue isn't with the term "illegal immigrants", but the context in which it's used? These were innocent people, including a 9 year old child, that were murdered. Abbott was completely wrong and showed zero compassion in his remarks, but you're too dumb to see it. By all means ask your "business associate" what she thinks. I doubt she is as callous and blind to Abbott's characterization as you.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 02, 2023 7:59 pm

At best, that's inconsistent. Since you brought up "innocent"...

63 million innocent children died at the hands of abortion doctors since 1973 and yet you show no compassion for those innocent children and actually cheer it on.

The Texas governor opposes abortion in a state you don't even live in but has worked to save those innocent lives. He also working to bring the fugitive who is in the country illegally to justice, but once he says something somewhat inappropriate, and you want to string him up for political purposes.

It's great you are fighting for those 5, but did you even take a moment think about the other 63 million innocent lives lost?

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 02, 2023 8:10 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 7:27 pm
audiophile wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 7:16 pm
How fucking stupid are you?!? Don't you get that the issue isn't with the term "illegal immigrants", but the context in which it's used? These were innocent people, including a 9 year old child, that were murdered. Abbott was completely wrong and showed zero compassion in his remarks, but you're too dumb to see it. By all means ask your "business associate" what she thinks. I doubt she is as callous and blind to Abbott's characterization as you.
Audiophile would change his tune if the mother of the crying baby was pregnant when she was senselessly murdered.

EDIT: Fixed for clarity.
Last edited by Matt on Tue May 02, 2023 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 02, 2023 8:13 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 7:59 pm
That's inconsistent.

63 million innocent children died at the hands of abortion doctors since 1973 and yet you show no compassion for those innocent children and actually cheer it on.

The Texas governor opposes abortion in a state you don't even live in but has worked to save those innocent lives. He also working to bring the fugitive who is in the country illegally to justice, but once he says something somewhat inappropriate, and you want to string him up for political purposes.

It's great you are fighting for those 5, but did you even take a moment think about the other 63 million innocent lives lost?
I kinda expected you to go there though since you lost this argument so completely. You had to change the subject entirely. Too bad your cunt buddy lovinlife just got banned for the 15th time or he/she would back you up here.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 02, 2023 8:16 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 8:10 pm
He would change his tune if the mother of the crying baby was pregnant when she was senselessly murdered.
Yes, that's right Matt...Honeyman would say 6 were murdered because she was pregnant.
Last edited by audiophile on Tue May 02, 2023 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic