Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 29 at 11:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Greg Abbott is a piece of shit

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Greg Abbott is a piece of shit

Post by Honeyman » Mon May 01, 2023 3:47 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 3:42 pm
I don't know, the fact that the shooter was an illegal alien who had been deported over five times and shouldn't have been in this country is a very pertinent fact to highlight the dangers of our lack of border enforcement.
I don't think anybody is arguing about Abbott's description of the shooter.

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 01, 2023 4:43 pm

Bryce wrote:
I don't know, the fact that the shooter was an illegal alien who had been deported over five times and shouldn't have been in this country is a very pertinent fact to highlight the dangers of our lack of border enforcement.
That implies a citizen would never do such a thing...

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon May 01, 2023 5:17 pm

It's interesting that Abbott wouldn't have a little more compassion for marginalized individuals...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon May 01, 2023 6:11 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 5:17 pm
It's interesting that Abbott wouldn't have a little more compassion for marginalized individuals...
Why? He couldn't be bothered to clean out the Uvalde police department and that incident took twenty-one lives so the death of five people (especially them dreaded illegals) is no big whoop as far as he's concerned.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon May 01, 2023 6:41 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 3:36 pm
km1125 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 3:08 pm
So The facts don't matter anymore?
The 5 victims were human beings. That is the only relevant fact in the context of what would have been an appropriate tweet from Abbott.
He didn't say they weren't human beings, did he? He just started a fact, just like if someone said "they were residents of..."

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon May 01, 2023 6:59 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 6:41 pm
bmw wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 3:36 pm
km1125 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 3:08 pm
So The facts don't matter anymore?
The 5 victims were human beings. That is the only relevant fact in the context of what would have been an appropriate tweet from Abbott.
He didn't say they weren't human beings, did he? He just started a fact, just like if someone said "they were residents of..."
Are you just playing devils advocate here or do you honestly not see anything wrong with the remark?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 01, 2023 7:21 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 4:43 pm
Bryce wrote:
When a white man does these things, you can bet Bryce is nowhere to be found in the discussion.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon May 01, 2023 7:24 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 7:21 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 4:43 pm
Bryce wrote:
When a white man does these things, you can bet Bryce is nowhere to be found in the discussion.
He's busy making me a mayonnaise sandwich on Wonder bread.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 01, 2023 8:10 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 6:41 pm
Here's the entire tweet in question:
Announcing a $50K reward for a
@TxDPS
top 10 fugitive who is in the country illegally and killed five illegal immigrants Friday night.

I also directed #OperationLoneStar to be on the lookout for the criminal and any attempts to flee the country.

https://bit.ly/3LgDW0R
I'm asking you a relevance question. Abbott is announcing a $50,000 reward for the perp's capture. In what way is the immigration status of the 5 victims relevant to this announcement? Sure he just stated a fact. Nobody is disputing that it is a fact. The question is, WHY did he feel compelled to state that particular fact? What others are suggesting is that Abbott brought up that particular fact for the purpose of subtly suggesting that the lives lost are a little less important than they would have been had they been legal citizens of this country. Why should anybody not believe that to be the case? Because I can think of no legitimate reason to bring that fact up.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon May 01, 2023 8:16 pm

Maybe that many illegal's crimes are often targeted at other illegals?

IE: The Cartels seems to operate with other illegal's.
Last edited by audiophile on Mon May 01, 2023 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon May 01, 2023 8:18 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 8:16 pm
Maybe that many illegal's crimes are often targeted at other illegals?
Are you just playing devils advocate or is that actually the way you see this has played out?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon May 01, 2023 8:25 pm

I learned a long time ago not to judge motives because that will get you in lot of trouble because it's based on assumptions. Actions can be judged, but this really isn't an action - it's just a description of who they are looking for and the victims circle they may be working within. I just think you might be reading too deep into it.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon May 01, 2023 8:31 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 8:25 pm
I learned a long time ago not to judge motives because that will get you in lot of trouble. Actions can be judged, but this really isn't an action - it's just a description of who they are looking for and the victims circle they may be working within. I just think you might be reading too deep into it.
So based on Governors Abbotts past comments, official statements, and positions, you think 2 + 2 does not equal 4?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 01, 2023 8:31 pm

And Trump has support from racists because he dog whistles.

I think audio can't see bigoted remarks when they exist.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon May 01, 2023 8:48 pm

And I was one of the first #NeverTrump on this board, so don't give me that line of krap.

Looked at another way, what is a way to say it without offending the ultra-liberals while still make the point the killer operates in certain ethic circles?

Undocumented immigrants? That statement is left's answer for a while, but it's actually incorrect.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic