Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Criminal Investigation Open about Migrant Stunt

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Criminal Investigation Open about Migrant Stunt

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:19 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:58 am
RT - My main response to all of the above is that you're throwing an awful lot of stones from a glass house. Your side hates allowing local communities to make their own decisions. Democrats have a one-size-fits-all solution for everybody and everything. And you're free to do whatever you want, so long as you get the jab and wear your mask and shut down your business when the government tells you to shut it down, keep your thermostat at 78 when its really hot outside, and so long as your behavior doesn't contribute to climate change, or discriminate against some minority (which is basically anybody who isn't a white male), or unfairly make yourself wealthier than others. I could go on, and on, and on...
The pandemic complaints I get and they have a basis. Comments on thermostats and climate change and being offensive are less real. Nobody is gonna arrest you for having your thermostat whereever the hell you want it or deciding to roll some coal.

When the pandemic was in full force (March-April 2020) I went outside freely, nobody held a gun to my head. Nobody held a gun to my head to get vaccinated or anything else. I’ve never been told I had to modify my behavior in any way by anybody. What you are feeling is media created social pressure I suspect. That isn’t reality. The outrage machine about what the liberals are supposedly doing to you is a manufactured construct. The most I’ve ever been told to do is mow my grass because it was too tall or I’d be fined. I believe 6 inches or something is the threshold. I had some native plants I was trying to save (milkweed, evening primrose and frost aster) and they didn’t like my mowing around them. But curb appeal ordinances are in almost every city, town and village red or blue. So I’m not terribly upset about it or feeling like “The Left” (TM) is coming to get me and my freedom. I watch FOX on occasion and read conservative publications… not once have I witnessed a single one of their outrages of the week in person or know anyone who has. That tells me all I need to know.

If you feel compelled to do these things like there’s a gun to your head I have no explanation for that. Have you had somebody knock on your door and demand you do anything or you’ll be arrested or hung or shot? Because the supposed urgency with which you must do these things or else that you portray sure sounds like it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:44 am

Businesses being shut down by government force wasn't a manufactured construct. Me personally, my business (IT) was deemed essential and thus exempt, but I had multiple business clients who had to shut their doors for months and would have had their licenses revoked by the state if they violated those shutdown orders.

And the only reason we didn't end up with a national vaccine mandate for upwards of 100 million Americans was because the Supreme Court shot it down.

As to masks - my sister works for a railroad company and they're overseen by a federal agency. She had to wear a mask at all times at work for months or would have been fired on the spot due to the risk of the company being fined large sums of money if they had knowingly allowed people to work without a mask.

Lastly, on all the other stuff - Democrat politicians dream about the day that they no longer have the Courts or Republicans in their way. Left to their own devices and without any balances, Democrats would transform this country into a full-blown nanny state overnight if they could get away with it. On my earlier example, they, not you, would be the ones setting your house thermostat.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:11 am

Mr. Peabody wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:11 am
I've been hearing talk of how The GOP wants to lure in Hispanic voters, more like pack them up like cattle. It's like the story of the chicken that voted for Col. Sanders.
Oh, who returned Ellan to Cuba?

Who played softball toward a communist regime, when it was ready to fold?

Who is ignoring minorities plight in this country and replaced it with woke/climate change agenda?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:36 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:44 am
Businesses being shut down by government force wasn't a manufactured construct. Me personally, my business (IT) was deemed essential and thus exempt, but I had multiple business clients who had to shut their doors for months and would have had their licenses revoked by the state if they violated those shutdown orders.

And the only reason we didn't end up with a national vaccine mandate for upwards of 100 million Americans was because the Supreme Court shot it down.

As to masks - my sister works for a railroad company and they're overseen by a federal agency. She had to wear a mask at all times at work for months or would have been fired on the spot due to the risk of the company being fined large sums of money if they had knowingly allowed people to work without a mask.

Lastly, on all the other stuff - Democrat politicians dream about the day that they no longer have the Courts or Republicans in their way. Left to their own devices and without any balances, Democrats would transform this country into a full-blown nanny state overnight if they could get away with it. On my earlier example, they, not you, would be the ones setting your house thermostat.
On the shutdown orders I agree they were wrong. I also expressly stated that most of the pandemic stuff was probably less than needed in the post you responded too. I never said the business closures were manufactured. Please don’t override that and force me into some category that I’m not in to make a point about liberals or something. Just don’t go there dude.

The mask mandate stuff was more whining than anything as was the vaccine stuff. If you want sympathy on that you’ve come to the wrong place. For example a doctor should have the freedom to not wear a mask while performing surgery right? Perhaps even cough a few times in the incision or over it? I mean what if he doesn’t like it? It might be slightly uncomfortable.

As to the rest. Even in extremely blue states none of what you are forecasting has come close to fruition and that’s with 70% of the people liberal and happy about it. Nobody has even tried.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:08 pm

Speaking about the GOP base dying, has anybody bothered to figure out how all those anti-vaxxing covid deaths have impacted the GOP in key states?

It's only a couple million people but it could be crucial in certain areas. Thank God they were the anti-vaxine crowd in this particular situation.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:22 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:08 pm
Speaking about the GOP base dying, has anybody bothered to figure out how all those anti-vaxxing covid deaths have impacted the GOP in key states?

It's only a couple million people but it could be crucial in certain areas. Thank God they were the anti-vaxine crowd in this particular situation.
You have yet to explain how Whitmer is such a great governor when Michigan ranks as the state with the 10th most deaths per-capita from Covid lifetime, currently sits well above the national average for daily deaths per capita at 21 (5th worst in the country), yet is right in the middle of the pack when it comes to vaccination rate. Whitmer is really doing a great job getting Michigan through Covid, isn't she?

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:32 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:36 am
I never said the business closures were manufactured. Please don’t override that and force me into some category that I’m not in to make a point about liberals or something. Just don’t go there dude.
You said that my belief that politicians and government were forcing people to change their behavior in "any way" was all inside my head, that I reached my opinion based on watching Fox News. You didn't differentiate between business shutdown mandates and mask mandates - you said "any way." I was responding to what you literally stated and my response was rooted wholly in personal experience.

I don't know why you think that every time someone expresses a conservative viewpoint that they're only parroting what others are saying. You apologized recently for doing this (saying I was conned by Trump) so I don't know why you're going there again (now saying that my opinions come from false constructs created by media, including Fox News)

To be fair, I suspect that if you and I had an in-person conversation, we'd probably be civil with each other and would come away with a better understanding of each other's worldview. For whatever reason, that doesn't always translate on internet message boards.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:39 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:32 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:36 am
I never said the business closures were manufactured. Please don’t override that and force me into some category that I’m not in to make a point about liberals or something. Just don’t go there dude.
You said that my belief that politicians and government were forcing people to change their behavior in "any way" was all inside my head, that I reached my opinion based on watching Fox News. You didn't differentiate between business shutdown mandates and mask mandates - you said "any way." I was responding to what you literally stated and my response was rooted wholly in personal experience.

I don't know why you think that every time someone expresses a conservative viewpoint that they're only parroting what others are saying. You apologized recently for doing this (saying I was conned by Trump) so I don't know why you're going there again (now saying that my opinions come from false constructs created by media, including Fox News)

To be fair, I suspect that if you and I had an in-person conversation, we'd probably be civil with each other and would come away with a better understanding of each other's worldview. For whatever reason, that doesn't always translate on internet message boards.
I suspect that’s exactly what would happen. I’m actually a pretty nice guy I’ve been told. I suspect the same of you. I also agree that it doesn’t translate well… what you came away with doesn’t match the intention very well.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:02 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:22 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:08 pm

You have yet to explain how Whitmer is such a great governor when Michigan ranks as the state with the 10th most deaths per-capita from Covid lifetime, currently sits well above the national average for daily deaths per capita at 21 (5th worst in the country), yet is right in the middle of the pack when it comes to vaccination rate. Whitmer is really doing a great job getting Michigan through Covid, isn't she?
Simple answer to that question: Betsy DeVos spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to sabotage Michigan's covid plan. A plan that was very similar to other states which had low death rates.

When you have a nut job who intentionally wants to harm the citizens of Michigan by challenging sound pandemic strategy you're going to have problems.

I read somewhere that quite a number of the original protesters had actually died of covid or continue to have severe health challenges.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:37 am

Robert Faygo wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:45 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:02 pm
This is all shades of Hitler. Remember that the Jews were promised great things as they hopped into the train car.
Clearly you don't realize how offensive and hurtful statements like this really are. Everytime you say this, you:

- Minimize what happened in the 1940s. I suggest a visit to the Holocaust Center in Farmington Hills to educate yourself.
- Display that while you are quick to be offended and angered about statements others make about LGBTQ+ issues, you have no issue with doing THE EXACT SAME THING when it comes to your flat out ignorance about the differences between our toxic political environment and what it was actually like in Europe during WWII.

Stop being lazy. Educate yourself.
My great uncle was tortured in the Holocaust, thank you very much. This is how it starts. Fascism has a price. I hope we don't find out the hard way.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic