Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fauci on the way out

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
zzand

Fauci on the way out

Post by zzand » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:41 am

WASHINGTON (AP) — Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert who became a household name — and the subject of partisan attacks — during the COVID-19 pandemic, announced Monday he will depart the federal government in December after more than five decades of service.

Fauci, who serves as President Joe Biden's chief medical adviser, has been the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and chief of the NIAID Laboratory of Immunoregulation. He was a leader in the federal response to HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases even before the coronavirus hit.

“I will be leaving these positions in December of this year to pursue the next chapter of my career,” Fauci said in a statement, calling those roles “the honor of a lifetime.”

Matt

Re: Fauci on the way out

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:52 am

Fauci is expecting a red tsunami in the House at least and doesn't want to answer tough questions. He's the power hungry, cowardly tyrant we all knew he was. Good fucking riddance!
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:07 pm

Yep - the Fauch knows exactly what is coming and he's getting the hell out of there just before the tough questions start.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:16 pm

The guy is 81 years old.
I'm thinking he just wants to retire before he croaks.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:08 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:16 pm
The guy is 81 years old.
That couldn't possibly be it. He must be afraid of a hypothetical "red tsunami".

On another note I'm not convinced there will be a red tsunami. There could be, they could gain a few seats or a counter blue tsunami could mitigate things. That of course would be set off by Supreme Court decisions. Both recent and hypothetical future ones.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:24 pm

He's not a hero and he should be held accountable for his actions.
Last edited by Matt on Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:49 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:24 pm
He should be executed for treason.
What did he do?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:22 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:49 pm
Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:24 pm
He should be executed for treason.
What did he do?
https://constitution.congress.gov/brows ... en%20Court.
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
Fauci provided aid and comfort to China, an enemy of the United States, by running cover for them on the origins of covid.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:36 pm

I don't think China is technically an enemy of the United States. They are our biggest trade partners.
I no longer directly engage trolls

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:01 pm

He wasn't running cover for China in any event. He was running cover for his researcher buddies from the U.S.

I agree that China in a military sense is not an enemy of the U.S. There is a ton of commerce between the two countries.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:06 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:16 pm
The guy is 81 years old.
Apparently neither you nor Craig actually read his statement.
I am announcing today that I will be stepping down from the positions of Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and Chief of the NIAID Laboratory of Immunoregulation, as well as the position of Chief Medical Advisor to President Joe Biden. I will be leaving these positions in December of this year to pursue the next chapter of my career.
He didn't say pursue the next chapter of his life. He said CAREER. So he's not retiring from working.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:20 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:01 pm
He wasn't running cover for China in any event. He was running cover for his researcher buddies from the U.S.

I agree that China in a military sense is not an enemy of the U.S. There is a ton of commerce between the two countries.
This is from six years ago and things have gotten worse with China: https://news.gallup.com/poll/189503/fou ... -list.aspx

I'd argue we are in a 21st century cold war with both Russia and China. It is shocking to me that people would defend that POS.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:44 pm

I wish him the best. I knew he was retiring. Fauci will go down as one of the most influential Americans in the past 50 years for leading us through two pandemics. It's a shame that two asshat presidents presided over the beginning of each.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:10 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:44 pm
I wish him the best. I knew he was retiring. Fauci will go down as one of the most influential Americans in the past 50 years for leading us through two pandemics. It's a shame that two asshat presidents presided over the beginning of each.
Fauci should go down as a disgrace to integrity and science. He didn't lead shit.
Last edited by Matt on Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:33 am

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic