Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Herd Immunity? Only for the vaxxed!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
SoutheastMIViewer

Re: Herd Immunity? Only for the vaxxed!

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:54 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:57 am
Just check out the tranmission rates between vaxxed and unvaxxed states.

https://covidestim.org

Click on the Rt - transmission rate - that shows how fast infections grow. The higher that number, the worst. North Dakota, Kansas, South Carolina - growing. New York, New Jersey, New England states - lowering.

Get vaxxed. It works.
Except the Vaxx are the ones catching covid and going to the hospital like all friends and family.
I guess it does work if you want to end up in the hospital.

All my unvax friends and family just catch a cold and recover after a week.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

bmw

Re: Herd Immunity? Only for the vaxxed!

Post by bmw » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:46 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:20 pm
I'm truly fascinated by your attempts to analyze all this statistically, but I'm still not sure what your goal is. Mine is to encourage people to get vaccinated. And perhaps as the OP, my initial post did not do the job...
I only responded to what you posted. The first words in your thread title are "herd immunity." Do you know what herd immunity is? Per the Mayo Clinic:
Herd immunity occurs when a large portion of a community (the herd) becomes immune to a disease, making the spread of disease from person to person unlikely. As a result, the whole community becomes protected — not just those who are immune.
Then the first words in your post were "Just check out the tranmission rates between vaxxed and unvaxxed states."

Your entire post was about transmission rates. I looked at the same data you looked at and analyzed it much more thoroughly than you did. You didn't like the outcome, so you change gears to "severity."

I get tired of debating people who make a drive-by post, I respond accordingly, and then the subject gets changed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic