Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ah-HA! The AP finally figured it out!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

Ah-HA! The AP finally figured it out!

Post by km1125 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:46 pm

Took them a while and apparently some deep investigating, but it appears the AP finally figured out something:

The AP Discovers the 'Code' Behind 'Let's Go Brandon' Cheer
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/r ... r-n1528198

:rollin

audiophile

Re: Ah-HA! The AP finally figured it out!

Post by audiophile » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:55 pm

Those Capital "J"'urnalists just do what they are told.

Like calling everyone Pro-life an Anti term.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:13 pm

I personally think the entire Brandon thing is juvenile as hell and frankly a little chickenshit. If someone is so outraged, why not have the balls to say it out loud, Fuck you Biden, rather than some weak ass taunt to hide behind. Typical.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:47 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:13 pm
I personally think the entire Brandon thing is juvenile as hell and frankly a little chickenshit. If someone is so outraged, why not have the balls to say it out loud, Fuck you Biden, rather than some weak ass taunt to hide behind. Typical.
You do realize its a play on for Fuck Joe Biden when nascar tried covering the hate up by saying listen to the crowd chanting “Lets go Brandon.”

I think its perfect for how the media has been covering up for Biden all this time when Biden has bene slipping since day 1.

Lets Go Brandon!
If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:36 pm

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:47 pm
You do realize its a play on for Fuck Joe Biden when nascar tried covering the hate up by saying listen to the crowd chanting “Lets go Brandon.”

I think its perfect for how the media has been covering up for Biden all this time when Biden has bene slipping since day 1.

Lets Go Brandon!
That was my point chief, I know what it means and how it came about. It's still a sophomoric and chickshit way of saying it...

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:53 am

Sure it's silly. But you can't walk up and down the street saying FJB. You can't sit in a restaurant and say FJB during a conversation.
The Brandon chant is a way to express your feelings without getting locked up.

And going along with what SouthEast said, that reporter knew exactly what the crowd was saying.
He obviously couldn't tell the audience at home what the crowd that was almost drowning him out was really chanting.
So he came up with something that sounded like it. Hats off to him for quick thinking.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:03 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:53 am
that reporter knew exactly what the crowd was saying.
He obviously couldn't tell the audience at home what the crowd that was almost drowning him out was really chanting.
So he came up with something that sounded like it. Hats off to him for quick thinking.
It was a she, and I don't think she had a clue.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:27 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sure it's silly. But you can't walk up and down the street saying FJB. You can't sit in a restaurant and say FJB during a conversation.
The Brandon chant is a way to express your feelings without getting locked up.

And going along with what SouthEast said, that reporter knew exactly what the crowd was saying.
That's as much part of it as anything. For forum members on a 'broadcasting' website who should proportably understand something about what is and isn't acceptable to go out over the air, there sure are a lot of folks that don't grasp that fundamental issue. Too many dolts attempting to tie the crowd's boorish behavior with some left wing media censorship issue. Maybe they need to look to themselves and ask if they blurted out "Fuck Joe Biden" at their place of employment, how would that play out?

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:12 pm

I don't think the reporter knew what the crowd was chanting (I think she genuinely thought they were chanting "Let's Go Brandon" ), and that's half of the joke of people who now chant this. As much as it is a statement against Joe Biden, it is ALSO poking fun at the out-of-touch media.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:51 pm

Since I don't watch FOX, what are you people talking about?
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:14 pm

I'm confused... did someone... or anyone... post a link to Fox??

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:00 am

km1125 wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:14 pm
I'm confused... did someone... or anyone... post a link to Fox??
I haven't read anything in the New York Times or Washington post about this issue that seems to be consuming guys who drive rusty old pickup trucks.

I just assumed this was some story on the trash conservative news horizon.
― Matt

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:50 am

Considering that's where you get all your "news", I'm not surprised.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:39 am

Okay genius where do you get reliable news?
― Matt

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:43 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:03 pm
Mike Oxlong wrote:
that reporter knew exactly what the crowd was saying.
It was a she, and I don't think she had a clue.
It was on broadcast TV and I think she was quick on her feet trying to prevent a fine.

Saw it scrawled on the back of a UPS tractor trailer yesterday. I don’t care who you are or what side you are on. Politics does not come to work and it certainly doesn’t get scrawled around company equipment. Fire folks like that. Maybe I’m just old school.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic