Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Trump Cartel goes down

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

The Trump Cartel goes down

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:02 pm

Generally, it is mob protocol to kill the accountant when the police are on to you. In this case he will be the one to go to prison.

It's never good when you're running two sets of books. This first round of charges doesn't really seem significant but it opens the door for the prosecutor to get his hands on more from the Trump organization to find the real criminal activity.

Let's hope one of his asshole kids goes down too.

The Trump Organization, the real estate business that catapulted Donald J. Trump to tabloid fame, television riches and ultimately the White House, was charged Thursday with running a 15-year scheme to help its executives evade taxes by compensating them with fringe benefits that were hidden from the authorities.

The Manhattan district attorney’s office, which has been conducting the investigation alongside the New York attorney general, also accused a top executive, Allen H. Weisselberg, of avoiding taxes on $1.7 million in perks that should have been reported as income. Mr. Weisselberg, Mr. Trump’s long-serving and trusted chief financial officer, faced grand larceny, tax fraud and other charges.

“To put it bluntly, this was a sweeping and audacious illegal payments scheme,” Carey Dunne, general counsel for the Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance, Jr., said during an arraignment in State Supreme Court in Manhattan.

Mr. Dunne and the indictment described a deliberate effort by senior executives to underreport their income, in concert with the Trump Organization, by accepting secret perks that did not show up on tax documents. In the case of Mr. Weisselberg, the indictment said, the company kept his benefits off its books but recorded them in an internal spreadsheet.
Here is the indictment

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... tment.html

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Re: The Trump Cartel goes down

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:19 pm

So the story here is that Trump himself isn't going to jail.

Got it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:40 pm

Kind of reminds me of what happened to the Clinton crime family.

Refresh my memory, how many people connected to your so-called Trump cartel have ended up dead?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:43 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:19 pm
So the story here is that Trump himself isn't going to jail.

Got it.
I think you're right, Trump isn't going to jail but when Weisselberg answers the question of by whose authority and direction did he act, the IRS is going to be so far up Trump's ass he's going to wish he was in jail...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:14 am

1.7 million dollars is like a 20 million dollar fine. Like I said, I am waiting for the bigger stuff to show up after they are able to flip someone from his cartel.

I look at this complex web of financial wranglings I am continuously reminded that if Trump had just taken the money (about 50 million) his dad handed him and put it in a Index fund he'd be worth about 5 times more than he is today according to Forbes. This is in part why I think so many Trump supporters are absolute fools. He's been a trust funding loser his entire adult life.
But if you compare Trump's performance since 1982, when the stock market started to take off after the early-'80s recession, it looks pretty abysmal. Forbes estimated that Trump was worth $200 million that year. If he'd put that money in an index fund that year at a 0.15 percent fee, he'd have $6.3 billion today after dividend taxes, almost certainly more than he actually does. This jibes with analyzes prior to Dáte's which have found that Trump has underperformed compared with the market since 1988; an AP analysis found that if he'd put his money in an index fund that year, he'd have $13 billion today; the S&P calculator similarly suggested he'd have $11.3 billion, after fees and dividend taxes.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic