Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A year ago today.....what a fucking idiot!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

A year ago today.....what a fucking idiot!

Post by Honeyman » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:06 pm

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/2 ... ear-484399

Thank God this dope isn't in charge or we'd be worse off than India.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Re: A year ago today.....what a fucking idiot!

Post by bmw » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:17 pm

Are we still circulating this fake news a full year later? :roll: He didn't say "bleach." And he didn't say we SHOULD be injecting it. He specifically said "disinfectant," the broad definition of which is simply a liquid that kills microscopic organisms, and he said that should be looked into. How we go from "hey, maybe we should look into a possible injection of some kind of liquid that might kill the virus" to "hey, everyone should inject their veins with bleach" is beyond me. That, and he actually seemed more interested in using UV light.

On a side-note, isn't the vaccine that millions of people have been "injected" with a liquid?

On a second side-note, I see that the Washington Post, Politico, and MSNBC all ran this story today. Slow news day?

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:33 pm

Is this newsworthy a year later? No - and I'm still trying my best to forget.

However, this kind of mindless rambling should have been done behind closed doors and not at a press conference. It was pretty embarrassing - even if you take the more benign interpretation that bmw has provided. Trump just doesn't make a good physician, meteorologist, climate scientist, or historian.
I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:43 pm

jadednihilist wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:33 pm

However, this kind of mindless rambling should have been done behind closed doors and not at a press conference. It was pretty embarrassing - even if you take the more benign interpretation that bmw has provided. Trump just doesn't make a good physician, meteorologist, climate scientist, or historian.
It's history at a very critical time of crisis for this country. So, YES, it is important to revisit.

We now have a competent, intelligent, administration in charge during this critical time. The vaccine distribution is, hopefully, going to get us thru this. I think we need to be reminded how desperate things could have been if this fucking fool was reelected.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:58 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:43 pm
It's history at a very critical time of crisis for this country. So, YES, it is important to revisit.

We now have a competent, intelligent, administration in charge during this critical time. The vaccine distribution is, hopefully, going to get us thru this. I think we need to be reminded how desperate things could have been if this fucking fool was reelected.
Fair enough. I'm certainly happy that we're at a see a point in the near future that vaccines can start to help mitigate the spread to the more vulnerable populations and not acting in defiance of a virus that doesn't care about your politics. I just think we have enough issues that need to be addressed right now (economy, COVID/education, climate change, immigration & refugees, racial tensions/policing) that our focus should be moving forward more than looking back (not forgetting).
I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:01 pm

jadednihilist wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:58 pm
Honeyman wrote:

Fair enough. I'm certainly happy that we're at a see a point in the near future that vaccines can start to help mitigate the spread to the more vulnerable populations and not acting in defiance of a virus that doesn't care about your politics. I just think we have enough issues that need to be addressed right now (economy, COVID/education, climate change, immigration & refugees, racial tensions/policing) that our focus should be moving forward more than looking back (not forgetting).
Agree. Just pointing out how far we have come in a year. And such a critical year.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:05 pm

One year ago today, the Company that manufactures Lysol had to issue a disclaimer reminding the public to use their product only as directed and it is not to be ingested or injected.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:25 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:05 pm
One year ago today, the Company that manufactures Lysol unnecessarily chose to issue a disclaimer reminding the public to use their product only as directed and it is not to be ingested or injected.
Fixed.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:25 pm

Honeyman wrote:
jadednihilist wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:33 pm

How is that border crisis going?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:31 pm

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

G G

Post by G G » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:32 am

Biden taking credit for the successes of the trump administration while tearing down his policies designed to make our nation stronger.
Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:49 am

Yes, TDS "longhaulers" is a thing.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:06 am

km1125 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:49 am
:lol :lol :lol

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:48 am

km1125 wrote:
If talking about Trump 3 months after he left office makes one a TDS longhauler than what does someone with Clinton Derangement Syndrome for the past 30 years win?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:06 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:48 am
km1125 wrote:
If talking about Trump 3 months after he left office makes one a TDS longhauler than what does someone with Clinton Derangement Syndrome for the past 30 years win?
..or yabbering about Obama (which Trump seemed to do endlessly to this day)

Sorry, as much as his supporters would like to relegate their crazy uncle president to the basement and forget he was caught dead to rights talking lunatic dangerous shit, derangement of that caliber will be talked about for decades whether you like it or not. The fact that he seems intent on seeking office again makes it that much more an imperative that were are reminded what a world-class screwup he showed himself to be.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic