Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fire Fauci

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Fire Fauci

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:22 pm

America has had enough of the asshole with the accuracy of a meteorologist and the integrity of an attorney.

For the record, I was going to post this yesterday...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Rate This

Re: Fire Fauci

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:23 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:22 pm
America has had enough of the asshole with the accuracy of a meteorologist and the integrity of an attorney.

For the record, I was going to post this yesterday...
Fantastic idea. We can hire Trump. He’s an expert on everything. Just ask him.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:46 pm

I'm with Marco Rubio:
Dr. Fauci is a very good public-health official

His job is to advise policy makers & inform the public

But his job is NOT to decide what we can do, where we can go or which places can open or close

And his job is NOT to mislead or scare us into doing the “right things”
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:03 pm

I don't believe that the federal government is making any decisions for the states. He's most definitely should be part of the policy making process.

the loudest complaining are politicians and business leaders. I don't hear many families of covid victims complaining about the job he's doing.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:08 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:03 pm
I don't believe that the federal government is making any decisions for the states. He's most definitely should be part of the policy making process.

the loudest complaining are politicians and business leaders. I don't hear many families of covid victims complaining about the job he's doing.
Politicians are elected to make these decisions. This hack is unelected and has been all over the road. His ego has been out of control for some time.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:11 pm

Thanks for the opinion from someone who has absolutely no public Health policy background.

This is the Pinnacle of armchair entitlement.
― Matt

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:15 pm

No, he really shouldn't. He's unelected and unaccountable for his words and actions.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:24 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:08 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:03 pm

Politicians are elected to make these decisions. This hack is unelected and has been all over the road. His ego has been out of control for some time.
He seems to be giving advice. He does not seem to have any sort of an ego. Put down the good stuff and step back slowly or at least share.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:53 pm

He does not at all strike me as egotistical. It *is* the job of public health officials to give policy recommendations.

That said, I agree with the criticism of his accuracy. He's been all over the map.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:23 pm

I will give him a little room as in the beginning everyone was flying blind but anymore when he says something I immediately look for confirmation from another source.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:54 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:53 pm
He does not at all strike me as egotistical. It *is* the job of public health officials to give policy recommendations.

That said, I agree with the criticism of his accuracy. He's been all over the map.
The media fawns over him and he does nothing to discourage that continued behavior. He's correct less than a broken clock.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:01 pm

I don't think there's any need to fire him. He's not willfully giving misleading information and is giving his best judgment based on a quickly evolving science and understanding of this novel virus. He's also lacks the capacity to mandate any public health policy, as his auspices remain primarily on the research side at the NIAID - however, his word does carry a lot of weight.

Virtually every scientific agency has had missteps with this virus, including the WHO, CDC, and the FDA. I think we have too high of an expectation for science to get things right all the time, when in fact the nature of science is often a clusterfuck. In the grand scheme of things, and through the fault of no one, we still know very little about the virus one year later despite all of the resources thrown towards research.

I do think he may be enjoying his 15 minutes of fame a little much, but that's my biggest complaint about him, and not a fireable offense. His message also gets diluted with openly gossiping about the inner workings of the previous administration. I do believe that information is important and should be public at some point, but not while we're still in the midst of the pandemic and that administration is no longer in power.
I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:31 pm

Name me the last time a vaccine was developed as quickly as the covid vaccine?

Are you complaining about the vaccine? Because he had a big hand in making that come together so quickly.
― Matt

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:21 am

It's absolutely asinine to ignore someone who has 40 years of public health experience like Dr. Fauci. I don't think people realize how important he was to understanding AIDS. What business do politicians have about policy on pandemics? People like Governor Whitmer and Governor Hogan(R) of Maryland are the ones consulting with scientists and good health policymakers.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:35 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:21 am
It's absolutely asinine to ignore someone who has 40 years of public health experience like Dr. Fauci. I don't think people realize how important he was to understanding AIDS. What business do politicians have about policy on pandemics? People like Governor Whitmer and Governor Hogan(R) of Maryland are the ones consulting with scientists and good health policymakers.
Ugh, yet ANOTHER unjustified Karen Whitmer defense...

The guy should be banned from making public statements at the very least. He's contributed to ramping up the fear in the country.
jadednihilist wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:01 pm
I don't think there's any need to fire him. He's not willfully giving misleading information and is giving his best judgment based on a quickly evolving science and understanding of this novel virus. He's also lacks the capacity to mandate any public health policy, as his auspices remain primarily on the research side at the NIAID - however, his word does carry a lot of weight.

Virtually every scientific agency has had missteps with this virus, including the WHO, CDC, and the FDA. I think we have too high of an expectation for science to get things right all the time, when in fact the nature of science is often a clusterfuck. In the grand scheme of things, and through the fault of no one, we still know very little about the virus one year later despite all of the resources thrown towards research.

I do think he may be enjoying his 15 minutes of fame a little much, but that's my biggest complaint about him, and not a fireable offense. His message also gets diluted with openly gossiping about the inner workings of the previous administration. I do believe that information is important and should be public at some point, but not while we're still in the midst of the pandemic and that administration is no longer in power.
All of the other organizations that you've mentioned don't have the unjustified bullhorn that this guy has. He's been all over the map, and he's unaccountable.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic