Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 29 at 11:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Biden goes strong against China

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Biden goes strong against China

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:05 pm

I guess Audiophile and company can't complain about Biden's policy on China.

at least our secretary of state won't be an embarrassment around the rest of the world.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President-elect Joe Biden’s nominee for secretary of state, Antony Blinken, said on Tuesday he believed President Donald Trump was right in taking a tougher approach to China - even if he did not agree with all his methods - and endorsed the assessment that it was committing genocide in Xinjiang.

Blinken told his Senate confirmation hearing there was “no doubt” China posed the most significant challenge to the United States of any nation, and added he believed there was a very strong foundation to build a bipartisan policy to stand up to Beijing.

Asked whether he agreed with outgoing Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s assessment on Tuesday that China was committing genocide against minority Muslims, Blinken replied: “That would be my judgment as well.”

“I think we’re very much in agreement,” he said. “The forcing of men, women and children into concentration camps; trying to, in effect, re-educate them to be adherents to the ideology of the Chinese Communist Party, all of that speaks to an effort to commit genocide.”

China denies U.S. accusations of human rights violations. (Reuters)

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Re: Biden goes strong against China

Post by audiophile » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:19 pm

Thanks for the tacit admission that Trump was right! :blink
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:28 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:19 pm
Thanks for the tacit admission that Trump was right! :blink
Well, he backed a policy that seems to have paid off.

My son took a class taught by him last semester. He has already been pushing for shifting the pacific rim power. He's moving the embassy back the Tel Aviv too.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:17 am

Rattle China's cage too much and they call for a repayment of their debt.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic