Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why Aren't The Airports Shutdown?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 4520

Why Aren't The Airports Shutdown?

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:27 am

So everyone is outraged that airports are packed with travelers when travel is discouraged. That said, if travelling is that bad for reasons of Covid-19 spread, why not just shut down the airports? Looks like to me that people can't take care of themselves which in turn affects a LOT of other people that they are going to be around.

zzand

Re: Why Aren't The Airports Shutdown?

Post by zzand » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:33 am

You can't close down the world. Life, to some extent has to go on. I wouldn't go near an airport or plane right now but some people have legit reasons to be on one. And it comes down to Personal responsibility. We all need to take it for our actions right now.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:07 am

Very true on all fronts. While some are travelling for legitimate reasons, most are probably not. I think personal responsibility is lacking there though tbh. If somethings happens I won't feel one bit sorry for them. They knew the risks and chose to ignore recommendations. It's all on them if Uncle Roy kicks the bucket and they'll have to live with that.
zzand wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:33 am
You can't close down the world. Life, to some extent has to go on. I wouldn't go near an airport or plane right now but some people have legit reasons to be on one. And it comes down to Personal responsibility. We all need to take it for our actions right now.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:45 am

Everything "they" are saying is that actually travelling on an airliner is not much of a risk at all. If there's increased risk, it's in the airport facilities and you can take precautions to limit or minimize your exposure while there.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:46 am

zzand wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:33 am
Amen!
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic