Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Town Hall

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Lester The Nightfly

Re: Trump Town Hall

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:10 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:59 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:29 pm
Guess you could say it took Trump six distribution outlets to beat what Biden was able to garner in two.
That's just because those were the outlets that carried each one. If Trump was carried on just NBC and just one youtube stream, I'm sure he would have had close to the same total viewership.

One factor being COMPLETELY overlooked in the ratings analysis is that Biden's has been scheduled for some time now and has had plenty of promotion. Trump's was finalized, what, 24 hours before-hand?
Let's be honest, it wasn't exactly a national secret Trump was going to do an appearance after he chickened out on the debate commission's alternative plan, but please feel free to justify the lackluster response to his appearance on three times as many media outlets. In fact I'll help, was any Russian TV included in Trump's ratings because I'm sure he's quite the phenom over there...

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:16 pm

I watched Trump to see what would come out of his mouth as everyone here knows it's always interesting. I DVR'd the Biden thing but frankly I don't know if I'll watch it, we'll see. I did hear Biden give law enforcement a recommendation to shoot the perps in the leg instead of shooting to kill and a recommendation the cops travel with a psychologist when dealing with some of these hostile situations. I'm not so sure how feasible those scenarios are...............................

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:41 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:16 pm
I watched Trump to see what would come out of his mouth as everyone here knows it's always interesting. I DVR'd the Biden thing but frankly I don't know if I'll watch it, we'll see. I did hear Biden give law enforcement a recommendation to shoot the perps in the leg instead of shooting to kill and a recommendation the cops travel with a psychologist when dealing with some of these hostile situations. I'm not so sure how feasible those scenarios are...............................
I think it's fair to question feasabilites and mechanics but don't lose sight that Biden is willing to reframe what policing in America might look like because Trump's status quo isn't working unless the goal is to increase polarization between law enforcement and citizens and also rack up a lot of needless killings in the process.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:44 pm

Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:10 pm
Let's be honest, it wasn't exactly a national secret Trump was going to do an appearance after he chickened out on the debate commission's alternative plan, but please feel free to justify the lackluster response to his appearance on three times as many media outlets. In fact I'll help, was any Russian TV included in Trump's ratings because I'm sure he's quite the phenom over there...
Hey, if Biden falling only a million viewers or so short of Trump's "lackluster" ratings is a victory to you, then cheers to your moral victory.

The reality is it was only 2 platforms - television and youtube. The only "extra" viewers Trump would have picked up by being on 3 networks instead of 1 would be people who regularly watch MSNBC or CNBC who have been living under a rock for the past 3 weeks. On the youtube side, it wouldn't matter how many youtube channels carried the stream. People search youtube for it and click on one of the first results.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:08 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:44 pm
Hey, if Biden falling only a million viewers or so short of Trump's "lackluster" ratings is a victory to you, then cheers to your moral victory.

The reality is it was only 2 platforms - television and youtube. The only "extra" viewers Trump would have picked up by being on 3 networks instead of 1 would be people who regularly watch MSNBC or CNBC who have been living under a rock for the past 3 weeks. On the youtube side, it wouldn't matter how many youtube channels carried the stream. People search youtube for it and click on one of the first results.
I don’t really think it’s fair to include YouTube. Those viewership counts will be increasing long after both are dead.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:39 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:08 pm
bmw wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:44 pm

I don’t really think it’s fair to include YouTube. Those viewership counts will be increasing long after both are dead.
One can parse, nitpick and rationalize all one wants but at the end of the day Trump got clobbered by four million viewers on terrestrial broadcast, TV as God intended with pictures and sound flying through the air, free for the viewing and to be in enjoyed with a Colortini.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:32 pm

Of course Clinton operative George Stephanopoulos was in charge of the Biden Townhall.

Softball questions - it was dog and pony show.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:20 pm

And if Stephanopolos had treated Biden the way Guntherie treated Trump, the left would be crying bloody murder, saying that he was badgering an old man.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:43 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:20 pm
And if Stephanopolos had treated Biden the way Guntherie treated Trump, the left would be crying bloody murder, saying that he was badgering an old man.
Did the lady who makes a career out of hosting a morning talks show and does cooking and household hints segments beat up on your boy too much? Good thing he avoided Morrow, Cronkite, Howard K Smith and a good long list of serious journalists who really had the tools to make him uncomfortable. Brought down by Savannah Guthrie... that's fucking embarrassing.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:47 pm

I have NO PROBLEM with how she questioned him. It was perfectly fair.

I DO have a problem with only one candidate getting tough, borderline hostile questions while the the other candidate gets cheerleaders.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:55 pm

Just once, for one hour, I'd like to see Biden field questions from someone who we know in November will be voting for Trump.

Is there any doubt who Chris Wallace will be voting for in November? Or the moderator of the VP debate? Or George Stephanopolos? Or Savanah Gunthrie? All Biden voters - every last one of them. I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for just ONE person from the opposing side to ask questions framed in some way other than the Democrat party viewpoint as has been the case now in 2 debates and 2 Town Halls.

EVEN OBAMA had the balls to be interviewed by Bill O'Reilly. Biden wouldn't dream of being questioned by anyone even approaching being a Conservative. But yet Trump is expected to field questions from liberals all day, every day.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:14 pm

:lol:
Last edited by Honeyman on Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:04 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:55 pm
Just once, for one hour, I'd like to see Biden field questions from someone who we know in November will be voting for Trump.

Is there any doubt who Chris Wallace will be voting for in November? Or the moderator of the VP debate? Or George Stephanopolos? Or Savanah Gunthrie? All Biden voters - every last one of them. I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for just ONE person from the opposing side to ask questions framed in some way other than the Democrat party viewpoint as has been the case now in 2 debates and 2 Town Halls.

EVEN OBAMA had the balls to be interviewed by Bill O'Reilly. Biden wouldn't dream of being questioned by anyone even approaching being a Conservative. But yet Trump is expected to field questions from liberals all day, every day.
The problem is that Trump lied himself into this kind of questioning and he’s combative. Biden hasn’t lied endlessly and he’s not confrontational, he’s vanilla. You don’t just get a pass for existing. You have to behave to a certain standard or you’ll be crushed under the weight of your own stupidity.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:00 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:32 pm
Of course Clinton operative George Stephanopoulos was in charge of the Biden Townhall.

Softball questions - it was dog and pony show.
Well, in George's defense, you touch on something I've been pondering. They were Town Hall meetings. To be honest, I think Stephanopoulos did what the moderator of a town hall was supposed to do. It's about what the audience wants to know, not the moderator.

In that setting, I didn't think it was his or her role to be combative.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:32 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:04 am
The problem is that Trump lied himself into this kind of questioning and he’s combative.
You're completely missing my point. What I'm saying is that setting aside for the moment who the candidates are, I take issue with every single debate and town hall being anchored by liberals who frame their questions from a liberal viewpoint. It hasn't been even remotely close to balanced. There's a philosophical argument to be made that in ANY presidential election cycle, people from both sides of the political aisle should be able to ask tough questions of the candidate on the other side. The left has plenty of those people asking Trump those kinds of questions (and they would do and have done this to EVERY Republican, not just Trump). But where are the legitimate conservative-point-of-view-framed-questions being asked of Biden?

Even you, RT, have to admit that when setting aside the candidates and looking just at the question-askers, this isn't even close to balanced.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic