Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Twitter censorship out of control

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Twitter censorship out of control

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:03 pm

This tweet from Trump a few hours ago:
A total and complete sign off from White House Doctors yesterday. That means I can’t get it (immune), and can’t give it. Very nice to know!!!
Twitter's response:
This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about spreading misleading and potentially harmful information related to COVID-19.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 1243476997

I'm sorry, but that's bullshit. What is "harmful" or "misleading" about Trump saying that his White House Doctors told him he's immune and can't give it to others?

More likely than not, Trump IS immune and CAN NOT pass it on others. Twitter has anointed themselves the determiners of truth.

zzand

Re: Twitter censorship out of control

Post by zzand » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:41 pm

Twitter is a garbage dump

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:59 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:03 pm
This tweet from Trump a few hours ago:
A total and complete sign off from White House Doctors yesterday. That means I can’t get it (immune), and can’t give it. Very nice to know!!!
Twitter's response:
This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about spreading misleading and potentially harmful information related to COVID-19.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 1243476997

I'm sorry, but that's bullshit. What is "harmful" or "misleading" about Trump saying that his White House Doctors told him he's immune and can't give it to others?

More likely than not, Trump IS immune and CAN NOT pass it on others. Twitter has anointed themselves the determiners of truth.
Because we don’t know that he can’t give it for one thing and for a second we don’t know that he’s immune and neither does he. His health information has always been fudged to make him look better than he is. He’s about to resume his rally schedule and potentially put folks at risk. He’s wreckless.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:16 pm

I've never been censored by Titter.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:35 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:59 pm
Because we don’t know that he can’t give it for one thing and for a second we don’t know that he’s immune and neither does he. His health information has always been fudged to make him look better than he is. He’s about to resume his rally schedule and potentially put folks at risk. He’s wreckless.
So NOT KNOWING whether a statement is true or not is sufficient for censorship?

There's all kinds of things we "don't know" with certainty about Covid. Should that all be censored as well?

I'm sorry...but this just reeks of biased censorship.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:59 pm

It's a private business. I thought you guys supported corps doing as they see fit, no?
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:03 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:59 pm
It's a private business. I thought you guys supported corps doing as they see fit, no?
Did BMW ask for a government solution?

No. Democrats do that best.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:07 pm

I am not supporting an administration that likes to stifle free speech. That would be you.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:19 pm

Trump has done a lot of verbal bashing, but nothing like what Obama did to journalists. Again Democrats do it best!

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... _cont.html

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... more-all-/
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:33 pm

Obama never tried to silence news outlets he didn't like. Trump has said he would in a 2nd term, and you best believe he would.

Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:34 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:35 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:59 pm
So NOT KNOWING whether a statement is true or not is sufficient for censorship?

There's all kinds of things we "don't know" with certainty about Covid. Should that all be censored as well?

I'm sorry...but this just reeks of biased censorship.
He’s using his bully pulpit to declare that all is well when it isn’t. That’s a fucking problem. He’s declaring himself immune but they won’t disclose his test results. He and his doctors are NOT being honest about this but he’s going to be crushed in 3 weeks and the Republicans are desperate like nobody has ever been before.

Also Twitter can censor whatever they want. If you had an account and the only option for a profile picture option was a deformed penis... guess what your profile picture option is? Can you or anyone do jack about it? No.
Last edited by Rate This on Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:35 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:33 pm
Obama never tried to silence news outlets he didn't like. Trump has said he would in a 2nd term, and you best believe he would.
In a second term with a 6-3 court he’ll do whatever he wants.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:21 pm

The censorship continues:

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:36 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:21 pm
The censorship continues:

I would love to know what’s behind the link but yeah if there’s personal information behind door number one then Twitter got it right.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:09 pm

Tax returns arent private information? Certain leaked tax returns were all over Twitter.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic