Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CA's All Electric Economy - With No Power Company.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: CA's All Electric Economy - With No Power Company.

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:03 pm

Oh, I see your edit. Yes, if it's before 2014, it's very common to have that. Those batteries are expensive to replace. Some ranging from $2000 to $3000. Good luck to him.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:00 pm

I'm pretty sure the battery warranty was 8 years or 100,000 miles. If the rest of the car is in good shape, I've seen replacement batteries around $4k. Might even be cheaper now.

I'm surprised the Volt didn't do better. With essentially "unlimited range" because you can run on gas means you're not tied to charging stations. For most folks weekly commute, they wouldn't use any gas at all.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:43 pm

GM put too much money into selling Buicks. Just my opinion.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:57 pm

The all new Ford Escape Fire. (I hope they Escape)

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/busin ... 114336308/
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:30 am

Honestly, the quality from all 3 domestic automakers has been disappointing in the last 4 years. I would hate to buy foreign used, but I really would have to turn to a late model Subaru if I was going to upgrade at this point(not that I am) I really hate saying that, but there's not much that would interest me other than the Buick Regal. Even that would be settling. I still like sedans though.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic