Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Forget Shooting Someone On Fifth Avenue

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Forget Shooting Someone On Fifth Avenue

Post by Rate This » Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:11 pm

Random thought I had today… we all know Trumps infamous quip about shooting someone on fifth Avenue and not losing support. I’ve proposed he could do a lot worse directly to his supporters and not lose support.

What if it was something truly objectively foolish he began demanding? Like blind people should be given drivers licenses or change the lights on the school bus to green with a large green GO! That flashes at the other drivers so they keep going while kids get off the bus? Could you literally make it anything and still the cult would follow? Or would they hop off the train at one of these absolutely insane stops?

Matt

Re: Forget Shooting Someone On Fifth Avenue

Post by Matt » Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:17 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:11 pm
Random thought I had today… we all know Trumps infamous quip about shooting someone on fifth Avenue and not losing support. I’ve proposed he could do a lot worse directly to his supporters and not lose support.

What if it was something truly objectively foolish he began demanding? Like blind people should be given drivers licenses or change the lights on the school bus to green with a large green GO! That flashes at the other drivers so they keep going while kids get off the bus? Could you literally make it anything and still the cult would follow? Or would they hop off the train at one of these absolutely insane stops?
I've said before, he could sexually assault a loved one in front of his most hardcore MAGA hat-wearing supporters and they'd say "it's ok, she was asking for it."
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:33 pm

I've asked that question here before. How far is too far? What causes you to say "enough. I'm done". I'm not sure I ever got a straight answer to that question.

I don't think it's prudent to go down that road. There seems to always be a justification for everything. All I ask for is accountability. As a recovering addict (eight years clean this summer, God willing), I had to be held accountable for my actions. And I was. Nobody was making excuses for me. I had to clean up my mess and answer for my wrongs.

Nobody seems to want to do that. It's always "not fair", or there's an excuse to be made or a finger to point at someone else.

It's hard to sit back and watch what we've become. A very angry, bitter people. A people that always has to be right, so much so that we can't even recognize when someone does wrong. It's increasingly difficult to raise children to be decent, honest, caring adults when you turn on the TV and hear the things being said. Nobody wants to set the example.

So I don't think it's wise to put it out there like that. All you will get is "Yeah, but's" and red herrings and strawman arguments.

I'm a big 9/11 buff. There isn't a documentary or news show I won't watch involving it. Most times, I have them on in my ears while working. The only thing it serves to do anymore is hurt my heart. Because for a couple of months there, it seemed like things were going to be okay. But by then, the line was drawn in the sand. I would love to go back to a time when Congress could stand together. Now it's a dog and pony show.

I guess I won't be seeing what I'm after. There's no ratings and no money in it. So these little games will carry on.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:42 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:33 pm
I've asked that question here before. How far is too far? What causes you to say "enough. I'm done". I'm not sure I ever got a straight answer to that question.

I don't think it's prudent to go down that road. There seems to always be a justification for everything. All I ask for is accountability. As a recovering addict (eight years clean this summer, God willing), I had to be held accountable for my actions. And I was. Nobody was making excuses for me. I had to clean up my mess and answer for my wrongs.

Nobody seems to want to do that. It's always "not fair", or there's an excuse to be made or a finger to point at someone else.

It's hard to sit back and watch what we've become. A very angry, bitter people. A people that always has to be right, so much so that we can't even recognize when someone does wrong. It's increasingly difficult to raise children to be decent, honest, caring adults when you turn on the TV and hear the things being said. Nobody wants to set the example.

So I don't think it's wise to put it out there like that. All you will get is "Yeah, but's" and red herrings and strawman arguments.

I'm a big 9/11 buff. There isn't a documentary or news show I won't watch involving it. Most times, I have them on in my ears while working. The only thing it serves to do anymore is hurt my heart. Because for a couple of months there, it seemed like things were going to be okay. But by then, the line was drawn in the sand. I would love to go back to a time when Congress could stand together. Now it's a dog and pony show.

I guess I won't be seeing what I'm after. There's no ratings and no money in it. So these little games will carry on.
Well put… there have been several documentaries made that go over the decline of cities in the U.S. which is the origin of the resentment in middle America Trump thrives on. I was watching one yesterday and it was pointing out how badly broken out family units and societal structures are. That’s the real root of the problem. The very fabric of being a decent person and meaning something for so many people has been shredded. There was one zip code in Memphis they looked at… 6000 residents and 5 nuclear families.
Last edited by Rate This on Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:12 pm

I might predict that the majority of apartment owners in Trump Tower will soon be voting to have the name removed from the building.

The building board Is working on scheduled esthetic renovations, and the preliminary plans include stripping all the tacky trump crap from the building.

A building wide vote Is scheduled this summer.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic