Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

American Christianity and White Supremacy

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

American Christianity and White Supremacy

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:44 am

I am very happy to see that the two scared cows of racism are being carved up: Rouge Police and American Christianity.

I look forward to church leaders separating the racism from faith seekers. it's a must. It's not every Church, but many fail to breach the topic.
"Why didn't white Christians show up?" he recalled wondering.

To his dismay, Cross learned that many of the people in the white mob were regular churchgoers. In the years that followed, he made it part of his ministry to educate his fellow Christians about the attack and prompt them to reflect on its meaning.

"You think about the South being Christian, but this wasn't Christianity," Cross said. "So what happened here in the white church? How did we get to that point?"

The answer to the question lies partly in U.S. history, beginning in the days of slavery and Jim Crow segregation, but not ending there. Elements of racist ideology have long been present in white Christianity in the United States.
NPR
Last edited by TC Talks on Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Re: American Christianity and White Supremacy

Post by Matt » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:45 am

Once again, unsourced.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:18 am

Once again TC Talks bullshit.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:22 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:45 am
Once again, unsourced.
Let me help.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/01/88311586 ... ikytaFx3X0

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:23 am

Matt wrote:
Once again, unsourced.
So you're complicit about the topic and your own concern is the source? What might that tell us about your position on the entire topic? I don't think I'm off base about my assessment of you.

I look at the responses to many of these topics and I realize how race ignorant this forum has become. Even with the trolls on ignore.

And again, Google will easily produce the story... Keep playing Victim.
https://www.npr.org/2020/07/01/88311586 ... ristianity
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:34 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:23 am
Matt wrote:
Once again, unsourced.
So you're complicit about the topic and your own concern is the source? What might that tell us about your position on the entire topic? I don't think I'm off base about my assessment of you.

I look at the responses to many of these topics and I realize how race ignorant this forum has become. Even with the trolls on ignore.

And again, Google will easily produce the story... Keep playing Victim.
https://www.npr.org/2020/07/01/88311586 ... ristianity
Because in TCTalks mind, all Republicans are trolls.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic