Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Biden says 120 million dead from COVID-19

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Biden says 120 million dead from COVID-19

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:12 am

I also heard Joe Biden say was he going to defeat Joe Biden. Seems to be true.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:54 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:12 am
So he misplaced a word... big whoop. He’s still up by 10....

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:58 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:50 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:54 am
audiophile wrote:
He's not "up by 10," he's off by 1000%!

No big deal, right?

Reminds me of your math skills.
Reminds me of your lack of interpersonal skills.. look it up.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:08 am

Dementia Joe is clearly slipping. I've had a number of elderly family members go out that way, so I recognize the advancing signs.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:37 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:08 am
Dementia Joe is clearly slipping. I've had a number of elderly family members go out that way, so I recognize the advancing signs.
Thank you for the insight... clearly misplacing a word here or there is not something any normal person with a bit of a stutter does from time to time. He made a speech just yesterday and fumbled his words only once in 20 minutes... it’s a speech impediment. He always seems to correct it right after he says it. This is a weak Nothingburger deflection from a campaign with absolutely nothing to offer as reason for a second term and a childish demeanor to boot.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:02 am

Rate This wrote:
You and your polls. This latest faux pas is why I take them with a grain of salt right now.

Biden is coming out of hibernation. He's starting to talk more. Ad lib more. Unplugging the teleprompter and speaking off the cuff. And just like any other time he speaks without a script in front of him, he says something he regrets the next day.

Is it not a true and accurate statement that after every other interview he has to walk back what he said?

Like I've said before. I'll take your ratings more seriously once the candidates start grinding on the campaign trail.

I'll say one other thing, and this is the first time I've said it on Buzzboard:
I don't think he plans to stay in office if he wins. I think he intends to pass the baton to whoever his VP choice is before 2024. I've not heard any commentators say or suggest it. I've not read it anywhere. Just a feeling.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:15 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:02 am
Rate This wrote:
You and your polls. This latest faux pas is why I take them with a grain of salt right now.

Biden is coming out of hibernation. He's starting to talk more. Ad lib more. Unplugging the teleprompter and speaking off the cuff. And just like any other time he speaks without a script in front of him, he says something he regrets the next day.

Is it not a true and accurate statement that after every other interview he has to walk back what he said?

Like I've said before. I'll take your ratings more seriously once the candidates start grinding on the campaign trail.

I'll say one other thing, and this is the first time I've said it on Buzzboard:
I don't think he plans to stay in office if he wins. I think he intends to pass the baton to whoever his VP choice is before 2024. I've not heard any commentators say or suggest it. I've not read it anywhere. Just a feeling.
His serving 1 term has been widely discussed. Accidentally saying million instead of thousand is small ball stuff, it’s not a faux pas. Come on. In one of the badly cut clips the GOP was using to attempt to turn lemons into lemonade they left in his starting to immediately correct himself. People with declining faculties, dementia or Alzheimer’s don’t do that. They roll right along like it’s completely sensible.

Trump and company have been pushing this for months and nothing seems to be sticking except that Trump looks like a 3 year old when he mocks Biden. That’s a line Biden has been consistently hitting Trump with.. that he’s a child. That one might stick.

Don’t bother saying anything about Biden’s faculties when Trump says things that are plain bizarre and it becomes “oh that’s just Trump being Trump”... but switching one word is a faux pas?!?!... double standard much?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:33 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:27 am
The dumb Dems love to justify (look it up) the bad behavior, mental illness, and pure evil of their candidates.
Look it learned another variation of that one trick...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:47 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:44 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:33 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:27 am
The dumb Dems love to justify (look it up) the bad behavior, mental illness, and pure evil of their candidates.
Look it learned another variation of that one trick...
What I consensually do with my ponies is my business.
Ah into animals are you?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:49 am

What’s your favorite animal?

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:32 pm

Rate This wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Mark my words now. After 2 Presidential debates have taken place, that lead will be 5 or less.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:37 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:32 pm
Rate This wrote:
audiophile wrote:
Mark my words now. After 2 Presidential debates have taken place, that lead will be 5 or less.
If Biden is powered more by anti-Trump forces than walk on broken glass enthusiasm it won’t matter one bit. This is the likelier scenario. So far letting Trump do all the work is going fantastically. Why is it that Trump gets a pass for saying all kinds of insane things and Biden can’t do so much as slip up or studder ONCE and it somehow disqualifies him or will lead to a purported collapse? Your blind loyalty to Trump is clouding your analysis. Trump is not in control of any of his faculties and Biden is. Too fucking bad.

Biden has already made gaffes and he’s still up by 10. His debate performances actually got stronger as the debate season went on In the primaries. He’s going to mop the floor with Trump just like he did with Paul Ryan and Sarah Palin.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:58 pm

This was Trump yesterday when asked what his second term priorities would be:
Well, one of the things that will be really great, you know the word experience is still good. I always say talent is more important than experience. I’ve always said that. But the word experience is a very important word. It’s an, a very important meaning.
I never did this before. I never slept over in Washington. I was in Washington, I think, 17 times. All of a sudden, I’m president of the United States. You know the story. I’m riding down Pennsylvania Avenue with our First Lady and I say, ‘This is great. But I didn’t know very many people in Washington. It wasn’t my thing. I was from Manhattan, from New York. Now I know everybody, and I have great people in the administration.”
You make some mistakes. Like, you know, an idiot like Bolton. All he wanted to do was drop bombs on everybody. You don’t have to drop bombs on everybody. You don’t have to kill people.
And you guys are complaining about Biden’s faculties? This answer is completely impenetrable... it’s stuff like this bmw that makes Trump the lesser of the two candidates. It’s also stuff like this that will make it hard for him to claw back and why I don’t think Biden can make a gaffe big enough to blow it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic