Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

96% of Covid positive prisoners in USA have no symptoms

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 13307

96% of Covid positive prisoners in USA have no symptoms

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:19 pm

This makes my head hurt. Can not successfully reconcile so much death versus so many apparently with no impact whatsoever.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKCN2270RX

Rate This

Re: 96% of Covid positive prisoners in USA have no symptoms

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:24 pm

Howard Jones wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:19 pm
This makes my head hurt. Can not successfully reconcile so much death versus so many apparently with no impact whatsoever.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKCN2270RX
This kind of thing makes it hard to figure out what moves need to be made and in what direction.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:18 pm

Actually it make it rather simple. Herd immunity.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:32 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:18 pm
If that’s even a thing with this.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:34 pm

bmw wrote:

Before we reach herd immunity, there would be a massive culling of the herd.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:08 pm

bmw wrote:
+1

If we have a second wave, it will because healthy people were never exposed and in turn built antibodies.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:20 pm

I can't imagine that having antibodies from a previous infection gives somebody literally no protection whatsoever against re-infection. Even in the absolute worst-case scenario, I would assume that if you were to get it a second time, your body would fight it off much faster. Not to mention that herd immunity vs. vaccine as a solution cannot be determined by effectiveness of antibodies because as I pointed out before, if antibodies don't stop it, then a vaccine is useless anyways. In other words, either both are effective or neither are.

So we're back to the question that nobody in the media is asking - what is an "acceptable" actual mortality rate whereby herd immunity is a palatable solution? 0.1%? 0.2%? 0.5%? Where exactly is the cut-off?

I suspect that the American public as a whole, had we right off the bat back in early March believed that the mortality rate was 0.5% or less, would have had a very different opinion on how we as a society should respond to this. The entire lockdown mentality was predicated on the false premise that mortality rates are in excess of 2 percent. The problem today is, people long ago made their minds up where they stand on this and nobody wants to admit they were wrong.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic